Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
So all my pieces arrived today, got some wrong colored pieces which was the sellers fault but built it anyway. Everything went together perfect the first time no modification needed. Now I'd just need some no ghost decals =)

EDIT: noticed some of my window bricks were facing the wrong way in the picture, thats been fixed

So the seller got back to me and is sending me the correct parts. So all in all the parts list is good on mine I'd say just add the minifigure neck peg piece since designer won't let you accuretly put it on. It fits in there but you can see from the pictures it bends out a little.
take the html file out of the folder with all the images and try that, had the same thing come up and that seems to be the problem.

Also for those wondering the minifigure piece with the peg for the side entry is called 'Minifig Neck Bracket with Stud Back' on bricklink. Lego.com it's probably called something else
Also another note when putting it together, the instructions have you put it together in a weird out of order way. Start by building the base and go up from there. When I get the correct color pieces I'll see about doing a build video for it to follow along with. I can also provide the Lego Digital Designer file if anyone would like.
hmmm ok I thought there was a problem with the instructions. I was sharing the photos through google photo and copying the link but looks like there problems there. Try this link since I shared the whole album and let me know if it works: Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse Mini

EDIT: Hmm tried on another machine and now I see what you all are seeing...interesting. The link should work though and take you to the album. Updated my instructions link from earlier with the "working" instructions and included the Designer file. Here it is again: GB Firehouse Mini Build
Alex Newborn liked this
Very stoked to report that my guesstimate of the recipe for the Lego Dimensions Terror Dog, which is officially released today, was the first time I ever retro-engineered a set 100% correctly in Lego Digital Designer.

The two on the left were purchased today, the two on the right were the ones I built back in August, eight days after the first pic of the set was released. (I did swap out some Zuul-style horns for one of the two bought today, and the two on the right are on borrowed toy tags from Batmobile and Good Cop's car.)

My recipe, posted to YouTube the same day the pics first debuted.

The official instructions if anyone wants to compare.

I can't wait for Zak to get home from school so we can see what happens when two identical toy tags get put on the platform at the same time. (Either Terror Dogs or Stay-Puft.)

Alex
Cool I got my Dimensions set of that today also, along with the correct color replacement parts for the Firehouse Mini. Built it back up and put on the 1x1 tiles with the No Ghost decals, which I just printed on a laser printer and cut out. The finished pic of it is in my album link I posted. I also put in the properly scaled logo for a 1x1 tile for everyone to grab and use, aswell as the final parts list in 1 image.
The original (with Photoshopped sign): Image

B-Rad's (with actual decals):Image

Awesome, B-Rad, it looks perfect. I am trying to curtail spending for a while, but this will be top of my list next time I am placing Bricklink orders.

~~~

We tried to make two toy tags for the Terror Dogs, but couldn't figure out how to turn on Building Instructions for something already built and assigned a toy tag. However, the pre-programmed Stay-Puft toy tags will work simultaneously and put two of him on the screen. They walked towards each other and stared, it was kinda funny.

Alex
B-Rad liked this
Thanks Alex! One thing I noticed last night when I held the miniature version next to the Lego set is that the red in the Lego set is a Dark Red brick color vs just the standard Red that the original creator used. So something to keep in mind when you order parts.
Hahaha!

Hey, B-Rad, we really overcomplicated ourselves.

A week ago, Obedient Machine commented on his original post (https://www.flickr.com/photos/obedientm ... 944912164/)
and included a download for his LDD file.

http://www.moc-pages.com/user_images/10 ... 36460m.lxf

I finally see how he did the front door now, and it leaves better clearance for the side door.

His roof is also slightly more detailed than his photo shows, but I was surprised that his opposite wall is featureless.

The way the 'front door' tile nestles inside the negative space of the arch brick is pretty clever, I thought.

Someone asked him in the comments why he went with red instead of dark red, and he explained he had more regular red bricks on hand when building it, but he'd be curious to see a dark red version that better matches the official Lego Firehouse.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:Hahaha!

Hey, B-Rad, we really overcomplicated ourselves.

A week ago, Obedient Machine commented on his original post (https://www.flickr.com/photos/obedientm ... 944912164/)
and included a download for his LDD file.

http://www.moc-pages.com/user_images/10 ... 36460m.lxf

I finally see how he did the front door now, and it leaves better clearance for the side door.

His roof is also slightly more detailed than his photo shows, but I was surprised that his opposite wall is featureless.

The way the 'front door' tile nestles inside the negative space of the arch brick is pretty clever, I thought.

Someone asked him in the comments why he went with red instead of dark red, and he explained he had more regular red bricks on hand when building it, but he'd be curious to see a dark red version that better matches the official Lego Firehouse.

Alex
Oh thats sneaky! looks like I might need to order some more pieces haha for what I was able to come up with just based on what I could see I'm happy with it. Interesting that he went with no windows on the side that faces the alley, I mean it makes sense but it would get more natural light in the rooms.

I might get some dark red bricks also to see how that looks in person.

Kingpin - As far as I've seen in photos all the window frame are black at the actual firehouse., unless I'm seeing things.
Nice idea with the proton streams Alex, they look easy to pose and play with.

For my streams, I used OLD STYLE flame bricks with blue flame pieces for the sparks. You have to get old style flame bricks to make this work as they have 2 little pegs at the base, you can click the peg into the crook of one of the flames, the blue flames click on the same way.

ImageUntitled by Bob Wobbaz, on Flickr

Also, following some of your excellent builds and suggestions, I've added to my minifig cast. I've got Walter Peck, non uniform Egon and Peter, ecto goggles for ray, Pke meter (a particularly lovely piece) and the subway scrubs. I've ordered parts to make some slimeblowers, been playing in LDD and have come up with something i'm happy with :) Also thinking about getting the library scene outfits too, there's some little cloth coats that could be cut down to make duffle coats etc.

Kingpin liked this
I absolutely love the GB Ecto-1. I think buying the firehouse is inevitable.

If they ever decided to do a third set I wonder what they could do? I know Dana's apartment has been put forward in the 'Lego ideas' site.

I'd love to see something from GB2 - the courthouse perhaps? The Statue of Liberty would be awesome but I doubt it would happen.
I think it'd be a tough sell whatever it'd be, it'd have to be iconic not just to us die hard fans but to the casual fan too. Having said that, Lego have made some sets from pretty unusual scenes from films, think the pizza planet truck set from the Toy Story line.

I'd love to see Van Horne river of slime set, I think the nature of lego bricks being shiny would lend themselves well to replicating that, the tilework, the slime etc. The rooftop temple would be an easy go to but it'd be scaled back i feel, I don't see lego making that properly to scale.

Courtoom I think would be too dull a set for them to want to make, whilst arguably a memorable scene, the location isn't that exciting to look at, same with the library.

I think personally, they struck gold with doing the firehouse as it's as iconic as it comes with Ghostbusters. Play wise, and remember these are toys, it gives kids the scope to let the Ghostbusters go out from the firehouse and battle whatever their imaginations come up with. Having specific set pieces and bust sequence sets kinda limits that scope. Just a thought, that's all
Kingpin liked this
Let's not dawdle.

I found instructions online to the cab from Lego Batman 2 (also Lego Undercover I believe), so I bricklink'd a custom version of it to go with my Zombie Taxi Driver. It doesn't look exactly like the GB version, but it's close and I like that it's already in the Lego universe, although not as a set released to production.

And yes, I know the passenger isn't supposed to be a zombie too, but he was a minifig I had handy when I needed to get a quick picture.

Links for the cab:
https://plus.google.com/108520339331767 ... v996mN6hs6

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/423577
Kingpin, Alex Newborn liked this
One of the Lego sites I frequent is Brickset.com. They just wrapped up a contest for fan built superhero themed Mighty Micros with some awesome results. See the top 16 here:

http://brickset.com/_temp/mightymicros.htm

The rules stated that they had to be for a DC or Marvel superhero or villain, so other properties weren't included. I thought it would be fun to challenge each other here to make GB versions of the Mighty Micros. The Ecto-1 would be the obvious go to, but I could totally see Janine's RGB VW and Ecto-2 being fun to add, maybe even Slimer's bus. Anybody down for giving it a go since things have quieted down here?
I bought nearly a full set of the Lego Disney collectible minifigures (13 out of 18) the other night and I've been taking lots of cool pics of them. It isn't really GB-germane, so I won't share them all here. But if you wander around my FB page you'll see them.

They're not actually due out until May 1st. But I figure if I buy them in April, I will be better able to afford the Slimer set for Lego Dimensions in May. ;)

I've played both the Genie and Captain Hook on stage before, so those two were absolute musts.

And one of these characters is one that my nephew actually portrayed on board the Disney cruise ships, but I really shouldn't specify which one.

The castle was the first 'big' Lego set I ever owned back in the early 80s, I think.

It was broken into four large chunks and stored in a shoebox. This is the first time it's been reassembled in decades.

I couldn't believe how tiny it seemed now! Especially alongside the GB firehouse.

Alex

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]