Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Does anyone else see what I see? :)

ID: 24078/6129994
Torso Mechanical, Nexo Bot

The one downside to it sadly, is that the tube on the opposite end of the box from the hinge point is wider than posts/rods that the minifigures can hold - it'll require an additional piece in order to be held like a PKE Meter by a minifigure.
below_radar_00 liked this
The bottom tube looks open at one end. I wonder if it's the same as the inner diameter of a minifig hand, or the outer diameter? OD would be the same as the 'stud hole' at the bottom of all bricks, which minifig hands can snap inside of.

It definitely has a RGB PKE vibe to it.

Alex
OK - Please excuse the crudity of these images, I shot them with my phone in my sons' playroom.
Except the SquireBot (BrickLink), and the Trans. Fluorescent Reddish Orange "Stick w/ Holder" (LEGO.com)

Here is a SquireBot / NEXO Bot

Here is an 'exploded view'

I couldn't find any shorter sticks with 3.2 OD, nor could I locate a black one - none the less, proof of concept:

And then for fun I used another part from a NEXO Knights set, 2x "Stick Ø 3.2 w/ Holder " as antennae. They look very out of scale, and don't correlate to either the RGB or Movie PKE's - but what the hell . . .

If I were going this route, I'd likely get a Black (to match glove hand) or Light Bluish Gray (to match PKE body) part with a 3.2 OD and trim it down so it didn't protrude past the bottom of the minifig hand. Or to be really stealthy, try to find a Trans Clear part with a stick of the correct OD, and trim that.
Alex Newborn liked this
I really wish LEGO would produce short 1 brick wide rods, they'd have a lot of applications, such as object handles.

Thanks for the photos, good to see it in different configurations.

And seeing those two "antennae" on top, I can already see one application: an Extreme Ghostbusters PKE. :) Add a cheese wedge to the front, and you have the screen hood.

I do wish the knobs on the sides that the bot's shoulders attached to were the standard design like the one on the front, it'd make it easier to add some 1x1 round tiles for the PKE's side adjustment knobs.
Alex Newborn liked this
I finally got around to photographing and uploading shots of the modifications I made to my Ecto-1 set.

Note: The top shot of the car shows the stock design for the various elements, the bottom shot shows the modifications.

One of the first modifications I made was to add some 1x1 white square tiles (3070) to the sides of the car, covering up the four exposed studs which stuck out on the sides. I'm not entirely sure why this was left like that on the model, as the doors aren't configured with a cut-out like that, I can only guess it was meant to suggest curvature, though frankly I feel it looks better all smooth.

A more recent modification I'd made saw the removal of one of the white 1x2 slopes (85984) on the passenger side of the car, which was replaced with a 1x1 slope "cheese wedge" (18862), and next to it a 1x1 tile with C-shaped clip (15712) sat on a standard 1x1 plate, which would hold the ladder in place. I'd gotten a bit annoyed at myself at how frequently I'd knocked it out of position, and this seemed like the obvious answer.

For the roof rack, quite a few bits were replaced to make them more accurate in my eye:

Radome: For the radome, I swapped out the transparent red 1x1 round plate (which should have been solid) with a 1x1 plate with open stud (85861) in dark red (this will be replaced in standard red when this part becomes available in that colour). The 1x1 round plate comprising the top of the dome was swapped out for a white light cover with bar (58176).

Transparent dish: For the directional dish, I replaced the medium stone grey bar with clip (15519) that held the dome in place with the same part, but in dark red. Like the 1x1 plate on the radome, this will be upgraded when that part becomes available in the normal bright red colour.

Sniffer: On the Sniffer, the 1x1 tile with clip (2555) was changed from a red piece to a medium stone grey piece, and the reddish brown L3 bar (17715) was swapped for a L4 bar (21462) in standard red.

Yellow Tanks: The 1x1 round yellow plates on the ends of the tanks have been replaced with yellow small lever bases (4592) to give them a domed finish. I was originally going to use some light covers slotted into some black 1x1 plates with open studs, however the light covers don't currently come in solid yellow.

A/C Box: I swapped out the 2x2 tile that came as standard for the A/C box, and replaced it with a 2x2 plate with center stud (23893). After a few combinations and tests of a couple of stacked 1x1 round plates, a 1x1 round plate and a lever base, I eventually settled on a white lamp cover for the fan motor.

Another recent addition was the installation of a couple of metallic silver 1x1 round plates on the tailfin rocket cone light covers, to add a big of extra colour, and to have a bit of representation of the chrome on the fins.

Some revisions I'm hoping to implement in the future:

Replace the 1x1 cheese wedges with 1x2 slopes in transparent blue for the light bars.

Part supply and colour permitting, I plan to use one of the new 1x1 round grip pieces (seen on the Ghost Traps for the reboot Ecto-1 & Ecto-2 LEGO set) to replace the four blue spotlights on the roof of Ecto-1, making them more accurate by making them round. Their installation will probably require a reconfiguration of the lightbar assembly, which can be achieved with the aforementioned replacement transparent blue slopes.
Ecto-1 fan liked this
I already stole the yellow antenna base mod after seeing your pics on FB. I luckily had four of them in my bag of yellow bricks.

I may do some of these others as well. I already changed the radome and the sniffer some while back. I didn't use a dark red 1x1 round plate with hole, I drilled a hole through a regular red! Tricky to do without leaving vise marks on the sides. Like you, awaiting the day that brick is available in that color.

Here comes a segue!

Speaking of which... the headphones that Egon wears in Lego Dimensions are not available in gray, like they show.

They also will not fit over his hair.

I bought an extra one in purple and modified it to fit around his bouffant.

Next I will spray-paint it.

~~~

UPDATE

Bought a new can of gray primer. Got lucky with a fast first coat.

Also notice that ion arm mod back there!

~~~

Now that the Angry Birds Lego sets are out, with the new eggs, I thought I'd revisit my Dana's kitchen scene, in the style of Lego Dimensions. I changed the microwave to match the room's decor, since the box piece was not available in reddish brown.

And the animators cheat! That bowl will not fit in the microwave at any angle! Plus, who microwaves a salad? Honestly?

Likewise, you can't fit eight of those eggs in a 2x4 stud area, as seen in the game. I had to be creative.

The steak was a really tough piece to track down.

Alex
Last edited by Alex Newborn on May 19th, 2016, 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kingpin liked this
I'm also curious about that hair piece.

~~~

Here's my latest... the 'slime' round plates are just leaned onto the minifigs. You would not believe how hard it was to get this pic without disturbing them.

Now, it's been shot for several minutes and I am shaking the entire table as I type, and it's like they're glued on. Maybe they were camera shy?

"I gotta get some sleep. I'm dying."
"You don't look good."
"I don't?"
"Well, you've looked better."

~~~~

I had previously built Ray's videocamera-- a brick recipe as seen in the library scenes of Lego Dimensions-- but this time I procured all the bricks to leave it built all the time without having to disassemble other models. The all-black microphone wasn't available from the seller who had all the other parts, but he had one with a gold windscreen, so I used Brasso and a Q-tip to strip it and a Sharpie to give it a nice sheen again.

~~~~

I also finally got a basketball for the Taxi Ghost.

~~~~

And I know Michael Scott beat me to the punch, months ago, but I still had to eventually make an attempt on this one.

"Look at all the junk food."

Alex
Kingpin liked this
I wanted a webby backdrop for my Spider Witch.

The walls are just temporary, built from two tubs of grays bricks that a friend has loaned me.

Very temporary, as it turned out. I inadvertently kicked the vignette just moments after this pic was snapped and sent the pieces of the walls flying.

~~~

I also used some loaned bricks to expand Dana's kitchen so it had a third wall.

Alex
Kingpin, below_radar_00 liked this
Got the new Lego catalog in the mail today. Saw a handful of potentially useful items...

NYC skyline.

And this set has two items of interest.

A hot dog cart for Slimer...

And a very intriguing new little 'baby minifig' sculpt that is like a wish come true for Baby Oscar.

So glad they finally have another scale of minifig for things!

Alex
I got a Dimensions Ecto-1 and trap without the discs and minifig for $9 at a local shop. I extended the car to be the size it is in game so that a minifig could fit inside. Then I decided to build a coin operated kiddie ride to go outside of the firehouse. It has a ball joint at the base so it can wobble all over. It could use some color, though.

Michael Scott wrote:I got a Dimensions Ecto-1 and trap without the discs and minifig for $9 at a local shop. I extended the car to be the size it is in game so that a minifig could fit inside. Then I decided to build a coin operated kiddie ride to go outside of the firehouse. It has a ball joint at the base so it can wobble all over. It could use some color, though.
Pure genius!
Here is a picture of the custom Ghostbusters creation I made and displayed at the recent big LEGO expo the LEGO club I am in put on (its part of a much larger train display made by myself and others which was in turn part of a whole expo full of displays by many different people)

I wanted to create my vision of what it might be like if the Ghostbusters opened a franchise in Australia. The vehicle is what I call the Ecto-1 GhostUte (a Ute is what Aussies call the vehicle known as a pickup truck elsewhere in the world).
The graveyard is loosely inspired by the Central Park Graveyard level in the Ghostbusters video game.
The torsos are the ones from the LEGO Ecto-1 set, as are the proton packs. The slime blower (you can see the guy with the beard holding the slime gun) is my own design. The Ghostbusters themselves are original ideas by me (and not intentionally based on any real people). The googles are a BrickForge part. The PKE meter is actually a minifig jackhammer piece. Slimer is from the Dimensions pack. The traps are a design pinched from LEGO but with custom stickers by me (since I dont have any of the right 1 x 2 tile pieces) as is the no-ghost logo on the front of the vehicle.
The other ghosts are just generic LEGO ghosts from various sets. There are also torches, radios and a camera.

This is how it looked at the previous show but I just bought the Ghostbusters Firehouse set and intend to make some improvements to it using new parts and ideas I now have (like the proper 1 x 2 tiles for the ghost traps, some trans-pink pieces for actual mood slime, more ghosts and various other things). The train layout (including the graveyard set up and my other contributions like the crazy golf course and petrol station visible in the photo) will be on display at the Gold Coast Train Show 25th/26th June 2016 (so anyone in Queensland who can get down to the Carrara Indoor Stadium will be able to come see it)

Oh and btw I do own some BrickForge proton packs and guns (but not the PKE meter or other things) but I chose to use the LEGO proton packs because I think they look better :)
Alex Newborn liked this
Finished assembling my GBHQ earlier, it is amazing. Easily on my list of the top 10 LEGO sets of all time. In fact I would say it (and the Ecto-1 Ideas set) qualify as the best licensed sets of all time IMO. Well worth what I had to pay to get one (AU$437). And its got so many fun little builds in there (reminds me a lot of the Big Bang Theory set in that respect). Plus all the neat parts (I have something non-Ghostbusters that I plan to build where I need a LOT of dark red so all the dark red in the GBHQ will really help for that)
I've had two people contact me lately-- one on YouTube and one on Facebook-- asking for directions to build my Ecto-Containment Unit design. The first guy never followed up on it, but Dan Harshman on Facebook turned it into THIS in just a couple of days after I shared some pics of its internal configuration.

It's a Firehouse basement portal cover for Lego Dimensions. Pretty awesome.

He says he needs to get a couple of parts in the correct color, but I was amazed he built it so close to my design with bricks he already had on hand.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
Ok I got it all built up and took some pictures which you can view here: https://goo.gl/photos/APzEaUb9MsKtuPpM6

If theres something specific anyone wants a closer look at let me know.

Also just to note the stand the 4 are one did not come with the set, thats the stand from the original car set. It was easier to set them up on that then to try and balance them without it for the pictures.
Thanks for the photos and for the shout out that it's turning up this side of Europe, I emailed LEGO a few days ago about when/if it'd be hitting UK shores (I don't see why it wouldn't, but none of the UK websites I check currently have a listing for it) and was effectively told ("we can't give you a date as we're working on it up to the last minute, but keep an eye open for surprises in the future from LEGO"), a reply I felt was a little dismissive/automatically generated.

I've got some ideas on the burner regarding a base/stand for the new team.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]