Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Nice thinkin'! I wish I'd found that set on sale more often than I did. I think I only bought two of the Venkman set and one of the Slimer set?

I also bought at least two of the Stay-Puft/Terror Dog set.

Though I did get a bunch of extra Terror Dogs through various means... including reverse-engineering the design from the first released image and buying the requisite bricks to build my own copies months before the set's actual release.

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/M7Gds_4BHMw[/Youtube]
https://youtu.be/M7Gds_4BHMw

Internally, I got one thing wrong, but it doesn't show from the outside.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote: May 14th, 2019, 3:51 pm Get this [Stranger Things] set for the characters' heads, get some extra medium-height poseable tan legs (like Dustin has here), and then take your Lego proton packs, traps, and GB torsos (two Venkmans, a Stantz, and a Spengler) and boom, you'll have a nice Lego Stranger Things Season Two set.
Wow, someone's already done it.

Mike Lane posted this on Facebook.

He even did the two Venkman torso detail.

His recipe uses Yoda legs, since the poseable legs of Dustin unfortunately are a dark tan and don't match the GB torsos.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
Here's my version from a few years ago.

But I cheated. I first tried using two 1x1 round plates between the cylinder sections (seen at top) but I didn't like the interruption of the shape. So I sliced a 2x2 round plate in half instead.

Alex
I’ve started scouting out pieces to make Afterlife characters based on the trailer. Mostly just heads and hair so far. If you think you’ve got the perfect piece(s), post them here to make it easier on all of us.

I’m struggling to find a hair match for Phoebe, but I’m thinking a Harry Potter head would work well as long as the scar is covered.
Michael Scott wrote: December 19th, 2019, 11:33 am I’ve started scouting out pieces to make Afterlife characters based on the trailer. Mostly just heads and hair so far. If you think you’ve got the perfect piece(s), post them here to make it easier on all of us.
I guess I really should have bought that Stranger Things set, huh?

Michael Scott wrote: December 19th, 2019, 11:33 am I’m struggling to find a hair match for Phoebe, but I’m thinking a Harry Potter head would work well as long as the scar is covered. ~~~ I’m still leaning towards the young Harry Potter face.
I've used Brasso on a few pieces to remove small painted details. You might could take Harry's scar off that way, but the abrasive nature of it leaves the plastic a bit dull.

Anyone experimented with other chemicals to remove Lego paint without damaging the plastic?

Alex
As for Phoebe's hair, this might well be the closest available piece so far:

It's just unfortunate it's a mirror-image of how Phoebe's hair actually falls over her face.

This was the second-best option, though I don't think it's long enough, even though it does sweep/fall the correct way:

Michael Scott wrote: December 17th, 2019, 5:37 pm I do! I made a tutorial video last year:

https://youtu.be/0UvlSuP_dEA
I just built the slime blowers from your video and they will go great for this years display. I am doing a New York display and will have the big Statue of Liberty from 2018 on it and want to put some Ghostbusters standing next to it ready to slime it (along with other characters closely associated with New York including Spider-Man and Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles elsewhere on the display)
Although not specifically unique to one of the new Hogwarts Moments sets, I spotted this little accessory in 76383 Hogwarts Moment: Potions Class and it immediately made be think of both the Real Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters: Afterlife versions of Tobin's Spirit Guide:

I was a bit surprised that I didn't see this in this forum entry, so I felt compelled to share. Any six inch Ghostbusters figures scale really well with the Lego Ecto for Afterlife. I just didn't put on the Wrecto stickers and applied the ladder to the appropriate side. Once the movie (finally...*sighs*) comes out, I plan to buy replacement pieces for all that have stickers on them and have 2 changeable looks... Because the way it is now is a fantastic display.
Cut the Kragle, who recently featured some custom digital LEGO sets based on Ghostbusters: Afterlife on Youtube, has teamed up with Brick Keeper to produce a limited-run of three figures based on Afterlife: Gozer, Phoebe and Egon:

listing price is £54.00.

Etsy link

Edit: And it looks like they've sold out.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]