Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By ValeChronotis
ccv66 wrote: May 5th, 2018, 6:03 pm I'm happy that they all now come with traps instead of just Winston. Nothing a black and silver sharpie can't fix. Not that I don't have my complaints, but Expectations should meet the price point. If they were $50 each I'd would expect not only the colors to be right but the gb2 trap to be a different mold
Agreed! I reckon they only did that because they thought no one else would buy Winston on his own. :(:whatever:
ValeChronotis wrote: May 6th, 2018, 1:13 pm
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote: May 4th, 2018, 6:56 pm shouldn't the ghost trap that comes with the GB 2 like have two grey plates rather than the original red plates?!
It wasn't an issue dude, just wanted to point out something I thought was intriguing. :sigh:
It was obviously important enough for you to add an exclamation point after your question mark. What else was I supposed to think?
By ValeChronotis
Well... now you know it wasn't. :)
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote:
ValeChronotis wrote: May 6th, 2018, 1:13 pm It wasn't an issue dude, just wanted to point out something I thought was intriguing. :sigh:
It was obviously important enough for you to add an exclamation point after your question mark. What else was I supposed to think?
By Kingpin
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote: May 8th, 2018, 7:55 pmIt was obviously important enough for you to add an exclamation point after your question mark. What else was I supposed to think?
I usually consider myself a bit of a stickler for grammar and punctuation, but yeesh... Did someone drop a superfluous exclamation mark in your breakfast this morning, PVJ?
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote: May 9th, 2018, 8:49 am Easy tiger, I though it was obvious that I’m just goofing around.

Mayhap folks are a bit sensitive in these parts. I’m not on the attack.
Wait...aren't you the guy that jumped down my throat for "nitpicking" the lazy inaccuracy of the logo decals on the 2016 LEGO Ecto-1?
:roland:
featofstrength wrote: May 9th, 2018, 8:46 pm
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote: May 9th, 2018, 8:49 am Easy tiger, I though it was obvious that I’m just goofing around.

Mayhap folks are a bit sensitive in these parts. I’m not on the attack.
Wait...aren't you the guy that jumped down my throat for "nitpicking" the lazy inaccuracy of the logo decals on the 2016 LEGO Ecto-1?
:roland:
I don't know, maybe. Probably. I've completely forgotten if I have. I suppose I could check but it's not worth the effort. That was two years ago, things like that roll off my back pretty quickly. Over the years I've learned that nitpicking is pointless stress. I'm skilled enough to fix most production problems with collectibles so little things like that are a non issue for me. I also like to take the opportunity to encourage others to do the same whenever I can. It's quite liberating actually. You have seen what I'm doing to my Gozer diorama, right? I could have nitpicked and moaned about the colour being wrong or that the back drop cut off the stairs. But I didn't because I was too grateful for what I was given and took it upon myself to make it what I feel it should be.

All I'm saying is don't sweat the small stuff and be pro-active in correcting any flaws that get to you. It's an unpopular opinion, I know. But that doesn't mean I'm angry at the nitpickers, however a lot of folks tend to read me that way. I really don't understand why folks seem to take it so bloody hard when I jab you in the ribs and say, "So? Fix it".

The hyper-sensitivity around here is why I rarely get involved in conversations and mostly just post my work when I have something Ghostbusters related to share. I like a lot of you but it's so tiring having to guard every word I say for fear of someone getting upset or offended. It's doubly tiring having to spend my time explaining myself instead of discussing figures and toys.

Honestly the comment I made about the exclamation point was so completely ridiculous how could you not see that it's meant in jest?
By ValeChronotis
I'm sorry but the Mattel Containment Unit that came with the Walter Peck figure is perfect for the DST figure line. Now only need to find a way of adding electronics to the CU. Wish me luck.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/valechronotis/41486530124
https://www.flickr.com/photos/valechronotis/42207355321
By grantofkings
Could be something, could be nothing. But some small news is starting ahead of the 35yh anniversary next June. NECA is listed as producing collectibles (which could mean anything with their wide array of products), but DST isn’t listed at all. And no offense to DST, but this would be my dream. I think NECA is the best at what they do, and I’ve always been frustrated from when DST went to the hinge & swivel hips for all their lines. Such an ugly articulation format.
A number of partners will launch new products timed with next June’s anniversary event, including Playmobil (figures and playsets), Mattel (games, activities and crafts), NECA (collectibles and novelty gifts), Hybrid (apparel), Mad Engine (apparel), C-Life (apparel) and Hallmark (social expressions, plush products and ornaments)
http://kidscreen.com/2018/05/22/sony-fi ... stbusters/
By MagicMan666
Neca are rereleasing their Slimer/Stay Puft bobble heads that they bought out years ago, and it wouldn't suprise me if the big foam slimer gers a rerelease like ET and the Gremlins did (Limited Edition doesn't mean much does it!) so who know, could see some of their other items.

Personally I'd like to see the Diamond figures continue. I'm not a fan of that particlar joint either but overall I think they have been brilliant.
By Wafflerobot
Toyark have posted a new picture of Winston, Slimer and Egon off the back of Diamond Select updating their page for these figures:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/06/08/the-r ... s-9-302112

and

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/2018/0 ... re-coming/
Fans have delighted to Diamond Select Toys’ Select action figures based on the first and second Ghostbusters movies, with buildable dioramas of the Spook Central rooftop and the Firehouse façade. Now, it’s time to get real! The highly anticipated Real Ghostbusters action figures go up for pre-order on June 20th, and we’ve got the first official pics of the figures based on the hit 1980s cartoon series!
Egon, Winston and Slimer make up the Series 9 assortment, with the two ’Busters wearing their color-coded jumpsuits and packing all-new, cartoon-accurate gear, and Slimer coming with a support stand and three interchangeable faces! Designed by Yuri Tming, and sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios, each figure packs approximately 16 points of articulation, and Slimer features all-new arm sculpts to better match his animated look.

Plus, each figure includes pieces to build the firehouse diorama – collect all 15 figures in Series 6 through 10 to construct the sign and front doors of the Ghostbusters headquarters! The firehouse features interchangeable parts, including the sign and the “Hook & Ladder” lettering, so it can be converted from Ghostbusters to Ghostbusters 2 configuration.

Series 10 will feature Peter, Ray, and DST’s first ever fully articulated Mr. Stay-Puft! That series will complete the firehouse, so be sure to pick up the Ghostbusters 2-based Series 6 and 7 now, as well as the imminently shipping Series 8.

Find a comic shop at comicshoplocator.com, or order through your favorite online retailer!
Matt Campbell liked this
By Kingpin
godgundam23 wrote: June 13th, 2018, 10:52 am anyone else realize that the wands on the RGB figures, have upside down handles, or is it just me?
Given how loose they look, I'm hoping those are the same figures that have been doing the convention circuit: high-grade protoypes, and that the handles will be correct on the release versions.

Edit: They even changed orientation at the same convention:

Matt Campbell liked this
By Sallah
Starting to get back into doing reviews for this line. :) Up today is our review of the Series 6 Ghostbusters 2 "Geared Up" Louis Tully if you want to check it out...

Full video & pictorial review here: http://www.actionfeatures.net/2018/06/t ... elect.html

We are also currently running a giveaway at my youtube channel for the Toys R Us release version of both the "Geared Up" Louis & "We're Back" Ray Stantz if anyone is interested. You have until June 30, 2018 to enter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBSH-ZvBaG0

Thanks!
-James
Dan Doherty liked this
By Wiggyof9
Has there been any update on the release of Marshmallow Egon? It seems like the figures haven't been selling like hot cakes or anything and I really don't want the line to end before completing the marshmallow set.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Got a Vigo action figure two weeks ago. He looks amazing in person, cannot wait to get the rest of the Ghostbusters II action figures. Defiantly going to make customs of Peter & Egon in their GB2 light grey uniforms since DST will not be making them.
I have customized action figures before, but never any thing in the scale of these figures.
By Josh Foote
Does anyone know where we can buy the series 6 "slim" figures that were previously available at Toys R Us?

I found Series 7 online.

Thanks!
By Matt Campbell
Was trying to go through all the past posts to see if this has been covered already, but 44 pages is quite a lot of ground to cover and by page 12 patients was starting to wear thin.

Anyways, I have a crafty 5 year old who despite me having these figures on display up and what I thought was out of reach managed to get at "Quitting Time" Ray and "We're Back" Egon, and he somehow on both figures broke the hose from the Proton Pack right at where it connects to the wand. Has anyone else had to deal with this problem? And if so, how?
By slaysghosts
Personally, I would find a drill bit the same diameter as the hose and drill into the wand handle about 3/64" deep and then use Zap a Gap super glue. That makes a good durable fix. You may even do that to both ends and find a slightly thicker "cable" at a craft store too. That's what I'm doing, my Ray broke and I'm 33, your little boy's OK hahaha.
Matt Campbell liked this
By Matt Campbell
Thanks Slay, I'll give that a go
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
I picked up my Ready to Believe You Winston and Peter yesterday. Was very happy to see they both came with open traps. Gotta say, overall there has been a really good prop assortment distributed between the Ghostbusters this time around.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]