Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Wiggyof9
Waiting on mine from BBTS. Should be here by weeks end.

From the reviews I've seen the accessory assortment is pretty good, especially considering they comes with a giant diorama piece. I just wish the RGB figures were arriving before X-mas as I'd love to have the 4 grey suit GBs in Santa hats standing in front of a completed firehouse. But at least we finally have all the grey suit guys for the holidays.
By Sallah
Wade Haddock wrote: August 16th, 2018, 7:30 pm Bought an extra Slime Blower Ray and used the GB2 symbol arm,Belt and clear hose and made this. Will probably change the head at some point.
Glad to see somebody else as crazy as me doing this. :) Was it you I wrote out the tutorial for after posting the pic of my set on facebook? I can't remember... I still need to do Venkman now that I have an extra "We're Back" version for parts-

I did get most of my latest one finished this past week- Ron Alexander (AKA Chevy Chase) from the IDW series-

Took some work, but I ended up pretty happy with the Chevy likeness. :) I now want to do a charcoal suit Rookie to go with him (I did a tan suit version awhile back).

-James
By elsoldao7
Can you post a like to the tutorial?
Darn it! Now I want some extras [emoji35]!
Sallah wrote:
Wade Haddock wrote: August 16th, 2018, 7:30 pm Bought an extra Slime Blower Ray and used the GB2 symbol arm,Belt and clear hose and made this. Will probably change the head at some point.
Glad to see somebody else as crazy as me doing this. :) Was it you I wrote out the tutorial for after posting the pic of my set on facebook? I can't remember... I still need to do Venkman now that I have an extra "We're Back" version for parts-

I did get most of my latest one finished this past week- Ron Alexander (AKA Chevy Chase) from the IDW series-

Took some work, but I ended up pretty happy with the Chevy likeness. :) I now want to do a charcoal suit Rookie to go with him (I did a tan suit version awhile back).

-James
By Sallah
elsoldao7 wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:14 am Can you post a like to the tutorial?
I went back and found the facebok thread from June. :) Here ya go-

Tihs is what you will need to do all 4-

4 Slime Blower Winston or Ray
1 Original Movie Winston
1 Original Movie Ray
1 Original Movie Peter
1 Original Movie Egon
1 "We're Back" GB2 Egon
1 "We're Back" GB2 Ray or Winston (depending on which Slime Blower figures you use as you will have one of these 2 already, or even both if you use different ones... point being you need 1 GB2 Ray head and 1 GB2 Winston head).
1 "We're Back" GB2 Peter

Begin by removing the right arm from all 4 Slime Blower figures. Do this by boiling water, soaking the upper torso of the figure until the plastic gets softer and then carefully pulling the the arm out of the body at the shoulder joint. Sit these aside so they cool down. Remove head from one of the Slime Blower figures (be it Ray or Winston or both if you used both) while doing this as well. Remove the belts from all four by pulling the hose out of the leg socket and carefully sliding the belt down over the legs.

Remove the right arms & heads from the original 4 Ghostbusters using the same method. While the torso is still warm, pop the GB2 Slime Blower right arms into the GB1 bodies. Remove the belts from the original Ghostbuster figures the same way you did the GB2 (you mave have to clean up the socket holes a little more on these as the first releases uses a yellow coated wire and some of that coating may stick around).

Remove the heads from the Egon, Peter, and Ray or Winston (depending on which heads you took from the Slime Blower figures) GB2 figures. Warm up whatever Slime Blower head you removed before. Put these on your new khaki GB2 bodies you have created for each Buster. Slip the GB 2 belts carefully over their legs and plug the clear hose into the thigh socket. Done!

You could go a cheaper, easier route and just use the slimeblower body with new printed name tags... but since DST did unique sculpts for each Ghostbuster's body, I wanted to maintain that.

Hope it helps!

-James
Matt Campbell liked this
By elsoldao7
Sallah wrote:
elsoldao7 wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:14 am Can you post a like to the tutorial?
I went back and found the facebok thread from June. :) Here ya go-

Tihs is what you will need to do all 4-

4 Slime Blower Winston or Ray
1 Original Movie Winston
1 Original Movie Ray
1 Original Movie Peter
1 Original Movie Egon
1 "We're Back" GB2 Egon
1 "We're Back" GB2 Ray or Winston (depending on which Slime Blower figures you use as you will have one of these 2 already, or even both if you use different ones... point being you need 1 GB2 Ray head and 1 GB2 Winston head).
1 "We're Back" GB2 Peter

Begin by removing the right arm from all 4 Slime Blower figures. Do this by boiling water, soaking the upper torso of the figure until the plastic gets softer and then carefully pulling the the arm out of the body at the shoulder joint. Sit these aside so they cool down. Remove head from one of the Slime Blower figures (be it Ray or Winston or both if you used both) while doing this as well. Remove the belts from all four by pulling the hose out of the leg socket and carefully sliding the belt down over the legs.

Remove the right arms & heads from the original 4 Ghostbusters using the same method. While the torso is still warm, pop the GB2 Slime Blower right arms into the GB1 bodies. Remove the belts from the original Ghostbuster figures the same way you did the GB2 (you mave have to clean up the socket holes a little more on these as the first releases uses a yellow coated wire and some of that coating may stick around).

Remove the heads from the Egon, Peter, and Ray or Winston (depending on which heads you took from the Slime Blower figures) GB2 figures. Warm up whatever Slime Blower head you removed before. Put these on your new khaki GB2 bodies you have created for each Buster. Slip the GB 2 belts carefully over their legs and plug the clear hose into the thigh socket. Done!

You could go a cheaper, easier route and just use the slimeblower body with new printed name tags... but since DST did unique sculpts for each Ghostbuster's body, I wanted to maintain that.

Hope it helps!

-James
Awsome, thanks!
By Alex Newborn
Thanks for the tutorial, James!

After seeing Wade's Venkman on FB, and chatting with him, I ordered some extra Slimeblower Winstons from a website that had them for about $10 each, and the cheapest original Venkman figure I could find (which is to say, slightly more than a with-dio-piece version originally cost full price).

Still looking for an extra original Egon for fodder.

I hadn't thought about doing GB2 Ray and Winston with their packs instead of Slimeblowers. I was mainly thinking of what companion pieces were needed to go with the Slimeblower pair for the end of the film as they face off against Vigo.

But now I see the allure of having all four in their packs for the 'outside the museum' shot where they fire against the giant blancmange.

Plus... I like the idea of having several extra severed head accessories from Winston, even if Diamond hasn't made the hard-hat-and-slicker versions of Z, Egie, and Ray.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Sallah wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:28 am You could go a cheaper, easier route and just use the slimeblower body with new printed name tags... but since DST did unique sculpts for each Ghostbuster's body, I wanted to maintain that.
Huh? Are the slimeblower vests removable from the torsos?

Alex
By Wade Haddock
Alex Newborn wrote:
Sallah wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:28 am You could go a cheaper, easier route and just use the slimeblower body with new printed name tags... but since DST did unique sculpts for each Ghostbuster's body, I wanted to maintain that.
Huh? Are the slimeblower vests removable from the torsos?

Alex
Yep. Sure are, but the name tape is khaki colored.
Alex Newborn liked this
By Wiggyof9
Nope. I'm still waiting on it. I know it's a basic repaint essentially, but I'd really like to complete my set.
By Wiggyof9

The Real Ghostbusters figures were on display at New York Comic Con. They look to be slightly different than those previously shown, perhaps production samples? Winston looks a little different to me, though it could be the angle. Looks like they will come with gloved hands which is nice.

I really want these.... Too bad there is still no word on if the line will continue. I assume that won't be decided until at least series 10 sales figures come back which will be more or less in line with the NYC Toy Fair.
Kingpin liked this
By DefenderDarko
They look a bit different because Winston and Egon are production samples. What you last saw were the prototypes I worked on last year. Note their belts need to be flipped around.

Ray and Peter are still prototypes.

If you want more DST figures, buy these in doubles or triples! Let Diamond know. Blow up their Instagram.
We want to make more, too!
By ccv66
Entertainment earth posted marshmallow Egon for June 2019. Sucks that it's that far out, but good that planning continuing that far out
By Wiggyof9
I hope they did, but I think it's just because this is a prototype. I'll try to stay hopeful though. Also, I am glad they FINALLY released the figure. It's not so much that I really want it as much as I really want to finish the set they started. Now we just need Peck. :walterpeck:
By DefenderDarko
They're red. Looks like the factory put glove cuffs on it by mistske. They're removeable.
By Wiggyof9
The last few years are so have been amazing as far as figures I want go. The Ghostbusters movie line has been more or less amazing. NECA was able to release TMNT cartoon figures and TMNT movie figures that are spot on. Diamonds Muppet line was a must for me. Now we get these amazing RGB figures that I have waiting my whole life for AND a soon to be complete fire house set which I have always wanted.

I can not wait until Ghostbusters News does their usual early review. I assume it should be coming quite soon.
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Shartimus has no clue what he's talking about in that review. Also I can't stand the type of nerd he is and hate giving him views. I turned it off at the point that he called it a PKG meter. I'll watch a review from a better source later.

Now, let me tell you what I really think...
Baedal liked this
By Wiggyof9
Seemed like a decent review to me. Just because he called the PKE meter a PKG meter doesn't mean he can't review a figure on it's own merits. Everything he brought up seemed pretty fair, especially the issue with the boots being curved. It may look good but they are hard to keep standing without some kind of support or stand. I wish the figures would just ship already from BBTS. I have yet to get any notification about it and I have no idea how Shartimus got his so soon.

I hope Phelous does a review of them. He probably won't until all of the RGB figures are released though, if at all.
By DefenderDarko
He and others are given early samples to review. Also, the wand attaches right between the front of the body/box and the first part of the handle. I haven't seen a reviewer get that right.

I plan to put a gray wire on my trap so it can be coiled around the hook at the side of the bumper.
By Kingpin
featofstrength wrote: December 12th, 2018, 9:59 am Speaking of Shartimus:
http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=97864
(off topic, I know): That does put new context on the moments featured in his show intro featuring closeups of the curvacious butts and revealing necklines of some of the female figures he's reviewed. What a dick.
By ccv66
Just opened up the new wave & nods to DST on the new RGB slimer. I was disappointed with the first one, but the rgb slimer has thinner arms and a bigger head. Much better looking figure. Winston and Egon look great too
By Wiggyof9
I dont have the figures yet, but after seeing a YouTube review that compared movie Slimer with RGB Slimer the difference in the arms is huge. The original proportions are just terrible when the arms are extended. RGB Slimers proportions seem to fit the Movie version better, but true RGB proportions would mean much thinners arms. Either way I'm just glad I still have my NECA Slimer from years ago.

Has anyone heard anything from Big Bad Toy Store? They still list these as preorder. Seems they ought to have shipped by now.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]