Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Croker
grantofkings wrote:From another forum, DST is stating Janine is not one of the six RGB figures.
If that's the case I really hope we get her further down the line.
By AlTheRelic
grantofkings wrote:From another forum, DST is stating Janine is not one of the six RGB figures.
What sorce is this proclamation coming from & honestly she's an ultra important character & it would be a sin from the pits of hell not to get a figure of her's down the road. I second Croker.
By grantofkings
Basically the equivalent of DSTZach, on a toy forum called The Fwoosh. He's been a long time poster and DST interface for all of their lines. Zero question in my mind that it would be a reliable source.
By ccv66
Well If the last one of the two isn't Janine, has to be samhein and boogyman, which they have both done in minimates and both have multiple episodes. I was getting the feeling that they were moving on and dropping the line after series 10. Hope I'm wrong
By AlTheRelic
Spectral Chasers would be a great way to reuse the molds of the Real Ghostbusters & A Sandman, Grundel, Samhain, Boogeyman would perhaps be top tier characters people would want made other note worthy mentions would be Killawatt, The Thing In Mrs. Faversham's Attic Skeleton incarnation, The People Busters, Droll The Dog Faced Goblin, The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse, A build A Murray The Mantis, A build A Boogaloo, A build A Cathulhu, A build a Mr. Staypuft or even Large DST Banks of these Giants could work & so on & so forth.
By navalhyperspace
According to DSTZach, the reason why we're getting RGB figures is because DST could only secure the licensing for the non-ghost characters from GB2 (so no Scaleri Brothers, from DST apparently). Only the guys in their dark suits, slime blower variants, Vigo, Janosz, and Louis, totaling 9 figures. So to fill out the rest, the decision was made to go with the cartoon (the four guys and cartoon Slimer) .

So to me, the RGB figures sound more like an 11th-hour lineup change than a dedicated decision to do this from the get-go.
By AlTheRelic
navalhyperspace wrote: So to me, the RGB figures sound more like an 11th-hour lineup change than a dedicated decision to do this from the get-go.
I'll just knock on wood and I won't question it, I've been waiting for nearly three decades for modern Real Ghostbusters figures navalhyperspace...lol
By mcbenzi_ghost
AlTheRelic wrote:
navalhyperspace wrote: So to me, the RGB figures sound more like an 11th-hour lineup change than a dedicated decision to do this from the get-go.
I'll just knock on wood and I won't question it, I've been waiting for nearly three decades for modern Real Ghostbusters figures navalhyperspace...lol
Me too!!
By Dr.D
Cautiously optimistic. Holding out getting too excited until we see some prototypes. Decent versions of the four guys from RGB will put me over the moon.
mbd liked this
By mbd
Also I should have added I'd still be interested even if they don't look exactly like the show or have an animated style. This can be good and bad. See those terrible Star Wars Clone Wars figures for reference when they make the figures look EXACTLY like the show. I think that if the 4 main figures capture the essence of the characters rather than being 100% screen accurate ..... that's what will matter to me when it comes to getting my hands out of my pockets ... hehe
By navalhyperspace
I've never understood the seemingly random decisions movie studios or other franchise holders make where merchandising is concerned. DST had access to nearly every character and ghost from GB1 with maybe the exception of the subway ghost. But all of a sudden, it has to cherry pick from a list of characters limited to the humans from the arguably less popular GB2. What was this decision based on? Are the Scaleri Bros. being shelved for a (god forbid) Paul Feig GB2 reboot or something?
By ShiftyHenry
navalhyperspace wrote: Are the Scaleri Bros. being shelved for a (god forbid) Paul Feig GB2 reboot or something?
What does that even mean? If DST could make the Scoleri Bro's, they would. but they can't. It's a bummer, but complaining about it gets us nowhere. Lets move on.
By ccv66
The complaint was towards Sony not giving the rights to DST, not DST choosing not to make them. Which is weird that they can get the rights to the actors likeness, but cant do the ghost. You think it would be the other way around. It has only been a few weeks and some people are just finding out. Behind Gozer, Vigo and slimer are the scoleri brothers ( I don't count terror dogs as Ghost). It was the turning point in Gb2 and one of the best scenes in any of the three of the movies. Complaining about it on the forum does nothing.. We should be complaining to Sony and Ghost Corp
By YHSCraig
There are lots of reasons why the rights to certain characters might not be available at any given time. Trying to simplify into "It's Sony's fault" doesn't really work. Sony and Ghost Corps are working with dozens, if not hundreds of different potential companies that are looking to license out the Ghostbusters brand. It could be something as simple as Mattel still having exclusive rights to some of those characters, or Sony not actually owning the rights to license out specific actors, etc. It all comes down to DST trying their best and Sony providing what's actually available.
By ccv66
That makes sense, I wonder too if it's not just whether they can get the rights, but if they could get the rights and approval soon enough to move forward with the fire house diorama
By Croker
So I've just been thinking. The SFX for GB2 were done by ILM. Which being part of Lucusfilm is now part of Disney. Could it be that Disney own the rights to the Scaleri Bros and not Sony?
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
Diamond minimates scaleri bros and Matty collector scaleri bros were both done before Disney bought lucusfilms. I think Zack was saying all the ghost from GB2 were off the table... I didn't consider Sony not having the rights to the ghost
By Fritz
Kingpin wrote:But surely that'd be contracted work, wouldn't the rights to the designs revert to Sony as soon as the making/VFX work was concluded?
One would think, but oddities in likeness rights have reared their head in the Ghostbusters franchise before--remember how EGB had to digitize the face of a mannequin sporting Venkman's RGB likeness? Despite EGB using the RGB equipment designs in a few episodes?

This stuff can be weird.
ccv66 liked this
By Alex Newborn
Schrecken wrote:
Alex Newborn wrote:I haven't waded through the 30+ pages of this thread yet.

Does anyone have a pic of a DST Janine next to the desk from DST's Scully from the X-Files line?

I was contemplating getting one but then saw a pic online of Mulder next to Winston and Louis, and he's undersized compared to them.

So now I'm a tad worried about the scale.

Alex
The image below shows the figures with the desk that came with the DST "Gotham" Edward Nygma figure. As far as I can tell it is the same desk Scully comes with, only a different color. The image is from here if you would like a few more angles: http://news.toyark.com/2016/11/01/dst-g ... oot-229182

Thanks for the info, Schrecken.

Your post made me bold enough to order the two deluxe X-files figures so I could give the desk and chair to Janine. Here's a pic:

The computer and keyboard come from the Playmobil GB firehouse. The other desk items (mug, pencil holder, tape dispenser, and black telephone) come from a Spider-Man: The Movie action figure of J. Jonah Jameson, but I had to cut them off the original desk, which was too small for Janine.

The People magazine is a scan of the same issue Annie Potts was reading in the movie, printed to scale. I even did some of the interior pages.

The DST X-files desk also works for other 'table' scenes.

The beer bottles come from the Bob & Doug McKenzie action figures which McFarlane Toys produced about seventeen years ago.

And, yes, I opened another Janine just to have extra Chinese food boxes.

Alex
seekandannoy, Noremon liked this
By Havoc0213
I've been absent for a little while, so I'm curious... Has there been any concern expressed in regards to Slime Blower Winston only having one lamp on the slime tanks?

By 910dohead
It doesn't seem like anyone has. I didn't notice myself either. There also hasn't even been any mention that the DST Janosz figure comes with a Baby Oscar pack-in. Anyways, it would be nice if DST fixed the anomaly with the slime blower light. However, it seems like it might be too late.
Carpathian_Kitten liked this
By Carpathian_Kitten
910dohead wrote:It doesn't seem like anyone has. I didn't notice myself either. There also hasn't even been any mention that the DST Janosz figure comes with a Baby Oscar pack-in. Anyways, it would be nice if DST fixed the anomaly with the slime blower light. However, it seems like it might be too late.
Probably too late. I spoke with DST on FB the other day and they said the TRU versions will be in stores soon, but the Select versions won't be available til early next year. Must be working out the kinks with the firehouse...
By Kingpin
I'm confident that the versions that pop up in the shops will have the missing lamp, the attention to detail's been pretty reasonable so far, and noting the rather haphazard assembly of the Firehouse diorama at the trade shows, it's possible that the display version of the figure may have had one of the lights come loose, and couldn't be fixed in time for the photoshoot.

We'll see soon enough, and worse comes to worse... if the figure is missing the lamp, it's not the worst thing that could've happened. The Slimeblower Winston figure Matty Collector was planning to go to production until we spoke out was in a sorrier state.
Carpathian_Kitten liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]