Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Just wanted to let anyone in the Queensbury/ Lake George region of New York state know that the Queensbury ToysRUs has all of the single carded minimates for sale.

Also it looks like the Boogey man is becoming the must have figure in this series, as only two packages of him were on the pegs.
I don't know if other people had the same problems as I did but when I picked up my RGB minimates I noticed a few things.

1. Janine's pack fell right off of the straps on her back, it looks like it's supposed to come off but the part that the back goes onto is too small for the hole on the pack, so it just falls right off. I might have to glue it

2. Slimers pack is a little difficult to get on, and like one of the other guys said it does seem like the straps might break, especially if you take it off and put it on multiple times.

3. The blast streams don't fit onto the new RGB pack guns, the bulbous end is too thick at one point for the stream to fit and pushing it on seems like the tip of the gun might break.

4. The boogeyman was supposed to have a goat tail, whereas this figure has what looks like it could be his tail, but it's part of his jacket... unless i'm mistaken.

5. This one isn't really a problem, but if you've read the backing for the egyptian ghost set it has it wrong, it says that Detective Philip Spade was the egyptian ghost going after blacky. If I'm not mistaken blacky was cursed by stealing the artifact and became the egyptian ghost.
As someone said earlier (I think it was on here) Slimer's pack is easy to get on, if you take his arms off first. I've not had problems with Janine's pack. It does come off, straps and all, but like Slimer, take off her arms first. On mine, her pack seems very secure to the straps, maybe you were unlucky and got a bad one. :(

The proton streams certainly don't fit as well into the RGB guns. They barely fit into my Ray and Egon's guns, but seem to be a slightly better fit for Slimer and Janine, very slightly. You do have to force it a bit.
Does anyone else have this issue with Blackie (Egyptian Ghost)? Mine has, quite literally, two left feet. Only way I can get him to stand up right is if I take his right-left foot and turn it backwards. Looks quite silly, but at least he stands up.
So, we know now (thanks to SDCC) the Citizen Ghost guys will be the series 3 box set.... Has anyone heard, or are there any guesses on what ghosts might be in series 3? And what kind of variants of the guys do you guys want to see?

It'd be cool to see them in their "street" clothes, or in their containment unit suits (although wasn't Egon the only one to wear one on the cartoon?)

Maybe we'll get Grundel, or Drool the dog-faced Gremlin.... I also would love to see some minimates vehicles... Ecto-1, Ecto-2??
alternate1 wrote:or in their containment unit suits (although wasn't Egon the only one to wear one on the cartoon?)
Correct, it appeared in X-Mas Marks the Spot. I'd prefer not to see those suits appear, as it'd be a waste of four potential Minimates.

I'd definitely like to see the Grundle, maybe Cthulhu, The Peoplebusters would be nice... but probably unlikely if the line is going to be more limited then the ones based on the movies.
I also would love to see some minimates vehicles... Ecto-1, Ecto-2??
The Minimate vehicles have largely performed poorly. It's unlikely we'll see any for the Ghostbusters line.
Mattel/Hot Wheels owns ALL rights to Ecto-1, Ecto-1A, etc. If it's a vehicle in the GB-verse, Mattel owns the rights to it.

Art Asylum and DST have been very forward on the subject when people keep asking about it.

And so far, I don't think they plan on releasing a 3rd TrU wave.... :(
alternate1 wrote:Anyone know when series 2 will hit stores??
The preorders for series 2 are supposed to show up in September. I actually found the series 1 figures in stores, like 2 weeks before my preorder came up. These might be out soonish.
alternate1 wrote:Then I'll keep my eyes peeled!! :cool:

Whoops, might wanna hold off. I just checked BBTS and they are listed as Oct, not Sept. Either I misread that, or they changed it. BBTS, in the many years I've used it, does have a habit of posting premature release dates, and then pushing them back accordingly.

Either way...that isn't TOO long.
I am looking forward to fall, now more than ever. Nice to see the Sandman finally get his due as a toy along with more of the RGB ghosts from the cartoon. Also the first chance I get I am going to purchase the four pack of Ray, Egon, Janine and Slimer.
Still do not have the first RGB four pack yet. I hope to have one by October. Also I was looking at the Ray Stantz figure again, and it appers I was mistaken about his uniform color, it must have been the lighting in my room. Ray's uniform is actually fairly close to the cartoon, although the tan shade used in painting him is brighter than the sand color we all know and love. Still the folks at Diamond Select did a decent job overall considering the size they had to work with.
By jzurawski
They are online at toysrus.com too... just ordered the Evil Slimer and Sandman and Louis and Stay Puft 2 packs... and have the 4 pack on order from bigbadtoystore...

don't see Killerwat and the No Ghost Logo though... anybody seen those?
By jzurawski
Doctor Venkman wrote:Wow... those went quick. The Ghost Logo and Killerwatt were on TRU.com yesterday. I bought mine and they're already shipped too.

That might be the least packed set per case.

Well that is super sad! Hopefully they will restock... the toys r us around me seems to never have GB stuff...
Killerwatt is actually translucent and more green with yellowish highlights. Between this and the not-translucent-at-all proton pack slimer that came in the 2-pack, who the hell's in charge of the photos for these things?

That said, very happy I got all of wave 2. Didn't make the mistake of buying the 4-pack AND the ghostbusters 2-pack again. that was a waste. Can't wait for wave 3.

Also surprised to see the store I was at had about a dozen of the GB2 figures with santa hats.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]