Post your suggestions or feedback about the site here.
The new look is clean and pretty.

I like the control panel. It feels more user friendly now, at least to me. Sometimes I would get so lost navigating the previous version. Heh. I liked how some stats were added (or they might have been added earlier and I totally missed them) such as the Like/Dislike Overview (Profile section) and the Activity Overview (Overview section) in the control panel.

The pinned topics are important, yes. But when you pin more than 3, it gets distracting to me. I would like to see if that pinned Announcements area can have an option like to collapse/hide them.
Glad to see a new forum here. The only thing I really dislike are the avatars--why are they circles??? It kinda defeats the purpose of people having profile pics if they're just gonna be cropped like some Looney Tunes outro. Circles are a great shape, for sure, just not for composition; rectangles are best.
By AJ Quick
ghoulishfright wrote:Glad to see a new forum here. The only thing I really dislike are the avatars--why are they circles??? It kinda defeats the purpose of people having profile pics if they're just gonna be cropped like some Looney Tunes outro. Circles are a great shape, for sure, just not for composition; rectangles are best.
I'm on the fence about the circles myself.

We'll see how they play out.
mrmichaelt wrote:The pinned topics are important, yes. But when you pin more than 3, it gets distracting to me. I would like to see if that pinned Announcements area can have an option like to collapse/hide them.
I think a lot of those sticky topics will be going away. Lots of them just are no longer useful or pertinent.
By AJ Quick
I'm still working on little tweaks here and there. I think there needs to be a better separator between the posts and I think the font color is too light making it kind of hard to read posts. I'll be making little adjustments over the holidays. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to improve it more.
Ecto-1 fan liked this
By gold333
I love the caution striping separators you added, they really help and look good at the same time.

Thanks for taking the time to improve this site.

I figure this site is gonna grow huge after June 2016.
By Smeghead
I've resisted the urge to comment so far, as it was obvious that things were temporary and would improve. As with all changes, this will take a bit of getting used to, but so far I like it. :) As has been said, the caution stripes really help to seperate posts, thanks AJ, keep up the good work! :D
By gold333
I love going through the history of posts on this board back years.

It would really help if the name of the poster stood out a lot more, than what is there now.
By AJ Quick
mrmichaelt wrote:When you wrap a link around text, it's this really light gray color and makes it rather hard to recognize as such. Would it be possible to make it a different color or darker than regular text?
I wonder if that is just for visited links?

Visited Link

A Random Link
By Lowberg
Just wanted to voice my opinion, as this is what the forum section is for.
I've finding the new layout extremely extremely hard to read on a computer. So much that I've definitely noticed myself on the boards a lot less. It looks great on mobile but on desktop its a real eye strainer.

I believe it has something to do with the thread title boxes being too tall and the background grey not being dark enough to give enough contrast

Here's a visual mock up of my thought. These are shrunk down a bit from 100% actual size, so the effect isn't as apparent but you get the idea.

Current Layout: Light gray background and tall topic titles

Modified Layout: Slightly darker background (and topic separation lines) and slightly shorter topic titles

Just wanted to throw my input in! Thanks for actively updating things!

I think this would greatly improve readability while retaining the same feel.
By AJ Quick
mrmichaelt wrote:How about for a user's total post count, can that appear on the same line as "by AJ Quick » December 22nd, 2015, 10:25 pm" or maybe that space underneath?
That can be done, and I will look into implementing it. If you aren't aware, you can also click on a users avatar and see all that information too.
Lowberg wrote:
I actually found myself straining a lot while using the site yesterday. I made a lot of the text colors darker and also fixed the links (but they still need some tweaking.)

I'll look at darkening the background and the separators and see what happens.
AJ Quick wrote:That can be done, and I will look into implementing it. If you aren't aware, you can also click on a users avatar and see all that information too.
Thank you. Good to know, but sometimes I will forget. Guaranteed.
I did this quick mock up before I saw Lowberg's post, so it's a similar suggestion. I think the text and titles need to be broken up somehow, and a line alone might not be enough to do it.

You could darken the headers:

Or darken the posts but leave the headers alone:

Or alternate darkened headers and posts:

The last one probably works best as having alternating tints gives a clear indication of where one post ends and another begins. I also tightened up the signature area a bit, though I would agree that there could probably be some tightening up elsewhere as well.
ThrowingChicken wrote: Or alternate darkened headers and posts:
Of the three, this one is best for me. I've seen this style used on other forums and it is by far the easiest one to read.
I suppose the alternating colors is what we are missing on the new board. It was there on the old board. I will definitely look into doing that!

I will also look at the post review stuff and see if I can work in a few improvements from there.
Smeghead liked this
By CPU64
Question, a lot of the PMs in my inbox are marked with a black envelope which should mean its from a "foe" but they're really not. So I was wondering if that was supposed to mean something else. .
CPU64 wrote:Question, a lot of the PMs in my inbox are marked with a black envelope which should mean its from a "foe" but they're really not. So I was wondering if that was supposed to mean something else. .
Black = You haven't replied.
Grey = You have replied.

I just noticed the legend says 'Foe'. I'll have to change that.

Foes are now red.
CPU64 liked this
By AJ Quick
Morfeusoneiros wrote:Would it be possible to make links open automaticly in a new browser window? Both in the forums and in the news section on the main page.
You can press the control button on your keyboard while clicking or setup a mouse to open a new window using a third mouse button.

Technically opening as a new page / tab isn't valid HTML any longer, and that's why phpBB doesn't do it by default any more.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]