For upcoming Ghostbusters events at conventions, theaters and more.
So I have a question and would like to get people thoughts and feelings about something. Let's say there is a convention in your area and you know there is a Ghostbuster team in that city/location that will already be at the convention. that Ghosbuster team is well known in that city. Do you still try to get a table at the event or out of respect for that other team, do you ask if you can also attend first?
I feel like that if there is already a Ghostbuster team in that city, you should reach out to them first to see if it's ok if they get a table. Now if that Ghostbuster team says they won't be there then it's free game or if they are attending, see if they can join in on the fun. Just don't show up without asking first. By doing this I feel like different franchises are stepping on Toes and people who attend the conventions would be confused and may be a little over kill.
Don't get me wrong I love the idea and popularity of multiple Ghostbusters some times at events that are organized like Dargon Con, or other big ones, but I just feel like if you are going to go into another teams city, you should ask them out of respect first.
You should definitely get in contact with the local team... To my knowledge, we have about 3 teams in the Virginia area... the 757 Division, the Richmond Division and the Northern VA team... I have operated with all three teams, and neither of them have stepped on each others' toes... If anything, the 757 and Richmond Divisions have worked together on more than one occasion... Primarily, you don't want to have a convention with 2-3 different teams with their own booths... just seems kind of odd to me, unless they were from different states/franchises and truly wanted their own booth... definitely ask the question out of respect...
I think just out of respect for the local team ask if they will have a table. If not, get one and offer them a place to come hang out at least. I wish more franchises worked together. When they do, awesome happens. The Tampa Bay Ghostbusters teamed up with the SoCal Ghostbusters, West Coast Busters, and the Southland team to pull off a pretty awesome event at Comic Con.

I've showed up to multiple events just as a solo Ghostbuster. It is always a lot of fun to meet up with the local team especially if they have a good presence at the show. I think the basic rule of thumb is just communicate and be respectful. From there I'm sure it will just get better.
This is why I enjoy trooping with the 501st Great Lakes Garrison, even if you belong with the Rebel
Legions or travel from out of state, everyone is welcomed. And yes, we do have separate tables but
we're right next to each other. Our Star Wars teams are members of the Garrison/Legion respectfully.
Our captains/leaders share information across the state and up coming conventions so we'll have a
large showing of characters. I feel, it's done very professionally and Star Wars fans are given the "Wow"
factor when Michigan does it with class. There is no "us" and "them" in our regions. We're a whole.

Being a GB's member, IMO, is exactly the same. Protocol is important. The love of the franchise
and interacting with those who share this genre we've chosen allows us to develop friendly
relationships around the globe. We are GB's-Fans and nobody forgets . . . who do you call?
monolith21 wrote:I've showed up to multiple events just as a solo Ghostbuster. It is always a lot of fun to meet up with the local team especially if they have a good presence at the show. I think the basic rule of thumb is just communicate and be respectful. From there I'm sure it will just get better.
I've had very mixed results as a solo GB. I've been to some events where it was great to meet other GB's...but I've also been to a convention and approached a group of GB's only to have them barely acknowledge me. Like they were a group and seemed to have no interest in me or welcoming anyone new into their group. I was a little taken back and disappointed, but I guess everyone can't be as cool as all the great people on here. ;)

Getting back to the subject, I agree that you should at least try and communicate and see what can be worked out.
jason407 wrote:I've also been to a convention and approached a group of GB's only to have them barely acknowledge me. Like they were a group and seemed to have no interest in me or welcoming anyone new into their group. I was a little taken back and disappointed, but I guess everyone can't be as cool as all the great people on here. ;)
That sucks... I don't see any reason to have to act that way towards anybody...
monolith21 liked this
To be clear...they were not mean or anything...just didn't seem welcoming.

This is my recollection.
I see group of GB talking to each other and approach.
Me: "Hey, looks like this is where the Ghostbusters hang out!"
Them: "Ha! Yep."
Me: "Where are you guys from?"
Them - each state city they are from.
Me: "Cool, I am from orlando...this is my first convention as a Ghostbuster, I just finished building my pack yesterday!"
Them: "Oh nice."
They go back to talking to each other.
Awkward pause by me.
Me: "Well, ok...I guess I will see you around."

I think part of it was that I had a vision in my head of how it would go, and expected to be welcomed into the club with open arms and enthusiasm...so maybe I was just awkward when it didn't go that way. ;)

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]