By GAVAL
Just thought I'd mention our Facebook Page went live today. Thought it was a good idea as we actually have sponsors now...

Features original artwork by Lafayette, LA Artist, and member, Savann Mok. Mowky does Children's books and commercial art design digitally.

http://www.facebook.com/galena.ghostbus ... ostbusters
Last edited by GAVAL on November 18th, 2013, 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

SUCCESS! Working with Star Wars costumers this past Saturday, LAGB was able to assist in raising over 160 toy donations worth around $1700. We'll continue assisting in their annual Toys for Tots toy drive this Satuday with a fresh team of Louisiana Ghostbusters and hope to match or exceed those results!
By GAVAL
Follow the link below for images of a custom proton pack under construction which the Louisiana Ghostbusters are giving away to anyone who donates at least $5 to their charity, Relay for Life (American Cancer Society.)

The pack has some amazing features.

-Built by the same team who conceived and assembled the "Phoenix" pack with the one of a kind venting system which amazed and inspired many of us to raise the bar.

-An authenticated autographed bumper component (see photographs on the link below) courtesy of Dan Aykroyd.

-Custom sound system integrated with thrower that plays fire up, power down, thrower activate, and pack venting sounds. (note, pack does not animate and vent “steam.” This is only a sound effect.)

-All metal aluminum thrower.

-Extending AND rotating barrel thrower features as in the original hero props used in Ghostbusters.

-Exceptionally sturdy construction designed by a professional engineer including metal backpack parts.

-A full lighting kit in both the pack and thrower which work in tandem with the sound system.

-A Proton Pack of this quality autographed by Dan Aykroyd is valued at $3500-$4000.

-The proton pack’s crank knob serves as volume control for the sound system and has a rechargeable power supply. The charger is included in this giveaway.

-Have a look at the thrower and sound in action in our workshop: http://youtu.be/HLVumb0XLzI

We're also giving away a Matty Collector trap and PKE Meter as 2nd and 3rd prizes which were also signed by a very generous Dan Aykroyd.

Check out the link below if you're interested. The giveaway entry period ends February 6th and the drawing from our pool of donors will happen at Wizardworld New Orleans Comic Con on February 9th.

http://www.laghostbusters.com/new-orlea ... k-giveaway

By GAVAL
You would either have to pay to ship the item up to yourself, which we'll gladly do once payment is received, or we can courier it to you if you have someone you know going to Mass Hysteria or PKE Surge.

We've already got several donations from other Canadians, so please don't hesitate if you're able to pay toship a proton pack! We don't mind holding it until you can arrange to send the money via Paypal or arrange pickup.

We now have pics of the prizes!

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]