By JiroGamer
WOW, I can't believe how long it's been since I created this account. At the time, I was a senior in college while working a full time job. Leave it to me to get so caught up in things, I forgot to keep up on here. (Sorry for the lack of avatar, no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to want to update).

Well, a lot has changed, and though I'm in a good bit of debt and at a job I never expected, I've decided to get back to the things I enjoy in life, and with that, I'm looking to start a franchise here in NW Pennsylvania. The closest groups are about 3 hours away, and that's just not going to work for me with a full time job and plenty of responsibilities in my home town.

It will likely take most of this year to truly get off the ground, and I'm sure there will be at least a good few years ahead of me before I have everything I'd like (our own Ecto, a much better pack replica, etc), but I'd still like to get started. I have one guarantee, and once I have details, I want to ask a few more friends to join me, and that will likely be it for now, with us looking to expand once we prove that we're here to stay.

So as I get ready to get this thing going, my question is this: are there any widely-accepted "rules" or policies to naming a franchise? I've already read the post regarding how to conduct a franchise (and have subsequently downloaded the information to make an easy-to-read print off for any future members). My tentative name for the franchise is "The Keystone State Ghostbusters." Kind of a catch-all for the mostly rural area I live in. I'm even nearing completion of my first draft for a unique patch. For any material or online presence, I could even include "based out of NW Pennsylvania" or "Warren County" or something, but I'm not gonna lie, that name has stuck with me for over two years while I've mulled this idea over.

So, does the name work based on any naming conventions I may not be privy to? Is there more I need to look into before starting this thing? Not sure how often folks get around to the forums these days, but please let me know what you think. Thanks, all, and Happy New Year! Watch out for any paintings acting as gateways for any evil warlocks. :angryvigo:
By deadderek
There's a group called "The Keystone Ghostbusters" so that would likely cause confusion.

Then again I know there's a couple groups out there with the same name, so have at it. :)
By JiroGamer
Actually, unless there's another one out there that I don't know about, I was literally in the process of creating a group just too keep the name until I knew if it was kosher or not (I didn't know if groups would be given a unique url like a domain name, so I wanted to snag it). I was working on it (I started a new account after not having one for years) when the bot detector had a fit and kicked me. I'm now waiting to get back in... lol At any rate, I'll do more research once I'm no longer band by the all-mighty face book, haha
By deadderek
JiroGamer wrote: January 1st, 2020, 11:18 pm Actually, unless there's another one out there that I don't know about, I was literally in the process of creating a group just too keep the name until I knew if it was kosher or not (I didn't know if groups would be given a unique url like a domain name, so I wanted to snag it). I was working on it (I started a new account after not having one for years) when the bot detector had a fit and kicked me. I'm now waiting to get back in... lol At any rate, I'll do more research once I'm no longer band by the all-mighty face book, haha
There's not really any "official" way to starting a franchise but the guides on here are a good way to start.
By JiroGamer
Rockin. So far from what I seen researching this week and reading the forums, it seems to be I've been taking the right steps, then. Once I can get facebook to unlock my profile, I'll get that finished up and start the next step (unless anything else comes up stating otherwise).

Thanks @deadderek for your insight!
deadderek liked this
By JiroGamer
Okay, so after some more research (I seriously can't believe it never occured to me to simply google "Keystone State Ghostbusters") deaderek is correct, there is a group out there called Keystone Ghostbusters. Similar enough that I'll likely need a new name. A bit of a bummer, but that just means I have to up my creativity a bit. I still seem to have a unique patch design at least (until proven otherwise) soooo I guess it's time to play the name game, haha.
NotSabbat liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]