Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Set for November 2015.

Erik revealed the main story will be the original 4 GBs vs. IDW version of the Sandman. Don't expect the look to match the RGB version -- similar to the situation with Boogieman and Rodefhiri.

There will be several back up stories by guest artists. So far one about Janine and one about Louis.
The main feature (art by Dan & Luis) will primarily feature the original four and an appearance by our version of the sandman (he won’t be a cloaked figure putting people to sleep!)
Today, Erik posted a sneak peek at the Sandman
http://erikburnham.tumblr.com/post/1247 ... eek-of-our

Hmm, in some myth, the Sandman is not a benevolent figure of more of a type of bogeyman. In one story, he stole eyes even.
Erik Evensen revealed he is contributing to the annual and posted a teaser of a woman talking to Peter.
https://twitter.com/eevensen/status/628602984184840192

Erik Burnham confirmed Evensen is illustrating the "World of the Psychic" back ups he wrote back in 2011. :mrgreen:
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 2269326336

In terms of background on the back up revealed so far: They were outtakes from "World of the Psychic," featured in Ghostbusters II. They will be one panel gags that show why Peter Venkman eventually quit the show. It was set up as a single four page back up story set up as a clip show gag.
It's weirdly appropriate that a guy named Matt Smith has also done the art for a bunch of Doctor Who stories starring the Eleventh Doctor. (And some Tenth Doctor before that, but his name isn't David Dow Tennant so that's less funny)

And I'm sure I'm the first person in human history to say that, too. :lol:
Erik "put a sizable dent into the Ghostbusters annual script today" He "scrapped and restarted" because a "better idea occurred" to him.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 1985540096

He also revealed one of the one page back ups is about Ron Alexander.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 3502469120

Not sure how Erik will beat being swallowed by a red blob but we'll see...
November solicits are out and we got the Annual's info. Out August 18 tentatively for $7.99.
After the firehouse suffers severe damage in the wake of a supernatural attack, the Ghostbusters find themselves thinking about their past while cleaning up. But their nostalgia may not be innocent, and who knows what they may find at the end of their trip down memory lane...? Join Ray, Peter, Winston, and Egon in their "Daydreams and Nightmares!"

Ghostbusters Annual 2015—Subscription Variant
Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening (a & c) • Joe Quinones (c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Bullet points:
-IDW’s fan-favorite creative team of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening and Luis Antonio Delgado return for more Ghostbusting fun!
-Sets up future Ghostbusters storylines with special added extras!
-Double-sized ectoplasmic fun!
Nice nod to the end of Get Real I imagine.

Lot's of great movie and EGB nods on the regular cover! Also, Joe Quinones is doing the Subscription Cover it seems. Item Codes are SEP150403 and SEP150404.

Based on that bullet point, seeding Volume 3 I suppose. Hmm, Erik already hinted at using an old German story and the infamous evil Sandman story was by E.T.A. Hoffman. In that, it talked about how Sandman fed his progeny the eyes he took.

EDIT: Alex Deligiannis is doing a back up story.

EDIT: Sara Richard is doing a back up story.
Melanie Ortiz will be featured in a back up not written by Burnham. Hard to believe her last appearance was #18 and last mention was #20 (so 9 and 7 issues ago respectively).

On a whim, I was looking at Erik Burnham's fan facebook page and he gave some more details back on the 4th of this month.
-The last three artists are Sean Galloway, Tom Bancroft, and Drew Rausch. So a whopping 9 guest artists total. :mrgreen:
-The main story is 28 pages, then the World of the Psychic back up is 4 pages then 8 1-page back ups.

So to recap the guest artists are:
*Erik Evensen
*Matthew Dow Smith
*Evan "Doc" Shaner
*Otis Frampton
*Alex Deligiannis
*Sara Richard
*Sean Galloway
*Tom Bancroft
*Drew Rausch
zeta otaku liked this
Some teases

Ron Alexander in Otis Frampton back up

2nd The World of the Psychic tease. Very familiar scene. ;)

In an interview recorded during the Cherry Bomb Toy Show on October 4th in Victoria B.C., Dan Schoening at the 1:15:38-1:16:49 mark confirmed the annual takes place around 5 days to a week after the events of Ghostbusters: Get Real #4.

Yesterday on the 19th, Erik announced the annual was done.

And predictably, today, Diamond changed the release date. The annual is now set for November 25.
Kingpin wrote:Hah, I am not searching through all of Staten Island for one house. :P
Naturally. I wonder what fictitious house Dan used though. Well, we'll will get a better look when the preview hits in a week.

EDIT 11/15: Dan posted another teaser. An alarm clock at 5:50 am.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 4209612801

EDIT 11/17: Dan posted a third teaser. Firehouse exterior and a dumpster filled debris (presumably from the Get Real battle).
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 2784464896
Spook Central's extended preview
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 044&type=3
Fritz wrote:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Just read the Annual today, and it was fantastic. One of my favorite issues of either run, actually. It's nice to have threats from time to time that could become recurring villains without being gods/demigods.
Got my copy today(The Subscription cover by Joe Quinones with Janine and Kylie), "The World of The Physic" back up was a really fun read. Also I enjoyed the Sandman story, I hope that he shows up again in the future and I found the artwork in the story "Hot Foot" to be a really great throw back to Walt Disney cartoons. My hat is off to Sean Galloway who did the artwork for this story.
Main Story
Ghostbusters Stripped
Easter Eggs so far
By Kingpin
It can go without saying that the Annual has proven to be a really lovely treat to help close out 2015 for the IDW run. Considering that just this time last year, we were we were facing the possible prospect of the comic having it's final issue at the end of January, it's been great to see the line continue, and some of the stuff it's brought in that time. I don't know if Get Real completely saved it, but I think it helped a great deal.

And now, we've got the annual, and what a fun read it was (with plenty of bits that made me laugh). It was nice that Dan and Erik got to go a little "out there" with the content, and it was helped by the specifics of the storyline which have also given us another potential interesting menace for the Ghostbusters.

The annual also saw the welcome return of the "Stripped" feature (which works well as an occasional include, which keeps it special), my personal favourites being the multi-page "World of the Psychic" segment by Burnham and Erik Evensen (who, if Dan needed to take a break on doing the art for the series, I'd happily see take on temporarily responsibilities - his previous contribution "Field Trip", featuring the first comic appearance of Ilyssa Selwyn in a prologue to Mass Hysteria was a notable inclusion, and I think his art's gotten even better with his latest instalment), and my other favourite was "Hot Foot", featuring a visual/art style I'd love to see more of. Also of note is "A Fall Wind in Summer", which looks like it'll have interesting repercussions for the future.

And of course, a final mention needs to be made to the comic team's tribute, simple, but effective... and immortalised in another form someone who the community was so fond of. I imagine we'll also see a tribute to Mr. Gross in the new year.

If there was one very minor point of criticism, it was that I was surprised Kylie didn't appear in the annual, even though she appeared on the cover.

Edit:
Extra trivia:

Does it strike anyone else that the blurb on the back cover doesn't really relate to the story? What bits of nostalgia we do see occur away from the Firehouse.
Kingpin wrote:
I thought so at first and compared the two but they look different. Something I'll eventually ask Dan.
Kingpin wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Does it strike anyone else that the blurb on the back cover doesn't really relate to the story? What bits of nostalgia we do see occur away from the Firehouse.
That came up in an upcoming interview with Erik that's still being worked on, and it's a simple answer. The story changed. More on that later next month hopefully. But I guess not, when Erik made the change, it wasn't in time for printing to be changed or there was a simple miscommunication. If you read the news on the annual, you'd also notice that Doc Shaner is absent from the back up stories. He was initially going to contribute but he had other commitments I think that took precedent.
More easter eggs from annual

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]