Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By SPACEHERO55
I'd like some help. I am looking for a simple, but comprehensive guide on the watching/reading/playing order of Ghostbusters media. The continuity I am interested is the 2 movies , the video game and all the IDW comics and that’s it, nothing else. Not the cartoons or any other comics not done by IDW. I am including all One Shots and miniseries done by IDW. As well as Volumes 1 and 2 of the ongoing series

Did IDW publish anything that takes place between Ghostbusters 1 and 2? What is the watch/read/play order of all this?

Thank you very much.
It's pretty straightforward
1) The 2 movies
2) The Video Game (note things are cherry picked from any version so the IDW version of the events of the game are different)
IDW Comics
3) The Other Side 4 issue mini
4) Displaced Aggression 4 issue mini
5) Past Present and Future one shot
6) Tainted Love one shot
7) Con-Volution one shot
8 What in Samhain Just Happened?! one shot
9) Guess What's Coming to Dinner? short story in Haunted Holidays trade
10) Ghostbusters: Infestation 2 issue mini
11) Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue 1-16
*Note the back up story in Issue 1 takes place before the main story
*Note the back up story in Issue 8 is before the movies
*Note the back up stories in Issue 9-13 canonically take place after main story in Issue 11
12) Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue 1-20
*Note technically there are scenes in Volume 2 Issue #6 from Janine's memories. One specifically takes place between scenes in the first movie.
13) TMNT/Ghostbusters 4 issue mini
14) [starting in June] Ghostbusters Get Real 4 issue mini

Times Scare, X-Files Conspiracy, Mars Attacks The Real Ghostbusters are non-canon. Skip them.

No, nothing published that takes place between the two movies.
By Kingpin
I'd heavily recommend skipping "The Other Side", easily the poorest non-crossover of IDW's Ghostbusters series in both art and story. You actually don't lose anything from the plots of the later series by not reading it.
Oh thank you guys so much. This is a HUGE! help. Oh I forgot to mention I bought Sanctum of Slime on my PS3 a long time ago and I had forgotten that I did, where does that game fit in?

Again thank you so much.
By Rodimus
mrmichaelt wrote:It's pretty straightforward
1) The 2 movies
2) The Video Game (note things are cherry picked from any version so the IDW version of the events of the game are different)
IDW Comics
3) The Other Side 4 issue mini
4) Displaced Aggression 4 issue mini
5) Past Present and Future one shot
6) Tainted Love one shot
7) Con-Volution one shot
8 What in Samhain Just Happened?! one shot
9) Guess What's Coming to Dinner? short story in Haunted Holidays trade
10) Ghostbusters: Infestation 2 issue mini
11) Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue 1-16
*Note the back up story in Issue 1 takes place before the main story
*Note the back up story in Issue 8 is before the movies
*Note the back up stories in Issue 9-13 canonically take place after main story in Issue 11
12) Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue 1-20
*Note technically there are scenes in Volume 2 Issue #6 from Janine's memories. One specifically takes place between scenes in the first movie.
13) TMNT/Ghostbusters 4 issue mini
14) [starting in June] Ghostbusters Get Real 4 issue mini

Times Scare, X-Files Conspiracy, Mars Attacks The Real Ghostbusters are non-canon. Skip them.

No, nothing published that takes place between the two movies.
Which one is Times scared?
Times Scare was a small comic book that I think it was available at the Cons. The cover looks the same as Cover A of Issue one of The Other Side Comic. I found it on ebay, because I almost am never able to go to the Cons. It is a nice short story of them dealing with Ghost Gangsters in a toy store. :):):)
Kingpin wrote:I'd heavily recommend skipping "The Other Side", easily the poorest non-crossover of IDW's Ghostbusters series in both art and story. You actually don't lose anything from the plots of the later series by not reading it.
Well...yeah. The ongoing only references as far back as Displaced Aggression and technically something brought up in the Other Side pops up in the ongoing but you don't have to have read Other Side to understand it.
SPACEHERO55 wrote:Oh thank you guys so much. This is a HUGE! help.
You're welcome!

I forgot to mention, in Volume 2 of the ongoing - the back up stories in #7 and #8 chronologically should be read before #9 and the back up in #10 takes place before #9. And in #11 and #12, the back ups are before #13. Yeah, it's fun to work it all out from a chronological standpoint. ;)
SPACEHERO55 wrote:Oh thank you guys so much. This is a HUGE! help. Oh I forgot to mention I bought Sanctum of Slime on my PS3 a long time ago and I had forgotten that I did, where does that game fit in?

Again thank you so much.
philmorgan81 wrote:Sanctum of Slime takes place in 2010 so it will take place after how long the IDW Comics decide to go. :):):)
Yeah, I think Erik Burnham (writer of the Infestation mini, ongoing, TMNT mini etc.) noted a few times that Sanctum of Slime is at least a possible end point for the IDW continuity since the script writer of that game is Tom Waltz - editor of the GB comic. Plus they introduced one of the SOS stars as a child at the start of the ongoing comic and the mother of another at the end of Volume 2. Don't want to spoil you on who.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]