Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By idlecrush
Hi all.

I'm trying to get caught up with the IDW comics and I'm not sure what I need.

So far I have the Omnibus#1 and Total Containment.

I see that there is a New Ghostbusters line of comics as well and I'm not sure where they fit.

If someone could help or point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Kristen
By hrdcordweeb
The omnibus is all of the miniseries comics in one collection. Total Containment is the first 4 volumes of the ongoing series in one collection. To continue the series you just need to get volume 5, 6, and 7 of the trades (and 8 when it comes out in a few weeks). The New Ghostbusters is just the title of that particular arc in the ongoing series.
By Threeleggedyoyo
So followup question...

Where does the IDW stuff fit in with the other continuities?

Basically I'm a fan of the movies and "Real Ghostbusters" cartoon and would like to get into the comics, but am not sure where to start. I'm interested in IDW's line but am not sure if it builds off previous material or starts fresh, and if so, what the order should be. Should I get the 88mph stuff and read it first? Should I go all the way back to NOW comics? Something else?

Thanks!
By Kingpin
The movies happened, and it's strongly implied that Sanctum of Slime could happen in the same continuity of the comics.

Although there are references to both cartoons, neither is considered canon in the continuity of the comics.

I would recommend giving the old NOW series and the 88mph comic a read as I feel they're both worth it, but neither has any influence on the current IDW series beyond visual references. The IDW comic builds off of the story established in the movies, and I'd recommend start reading everything in the IDW series published after The Other Side miniseries.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]