Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
HauntedWallflower wrote: July 31st, 2018, 2:05 pmVTC #47 is Rachel Unglighter! And they mention Senta as being her evil "self" (Read: demoness) created by actual Rachel banishing Koza'Rai from both the Prime mortal plane AND his essence from her body. So Senta and Rachel are like two sides of the Rachel Unglighter coin. And Rachel herself resides in the Groovy Doom dimension with Headless Harry and the Louis/possible Ichabod counterpart.
Intriguing. Seems there's more to her story between that PCOC file about her and CO #6. Unless this is a third part of Rachel. "Team Affiliation: Ghostbusters Beyond"?

I wonder if Dibello or that Bone Dragon will get trading cards, too.

It's kind of funny we're 5 issues in, and like 101 -- and they're still throwing in more characters and the cast is still all split up and still has that anthology narrative vs. the straight forward arcs we've gotten used to in the past. Feels like they won't really come face to face with Tiamat until the end of #7.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 31st, 2018, 5:02 pm
HauntedWallflower wrote: July 31st, 2018, 2:05 pmVTC #47 is Rachel Unglighter! And they mention Senta as being her evil "self" (Read: demoness) created by actual Rachel banishing Koza'Rai from both the Prime mortal plane AND his essence from her body. So Senta and Rachel are like two sides of the Rachel Unglighter coin. And Rachel herself resides in the Groovy Doom dimension with Headless Harry and the Louis/possible Ichabod counterpart.
Intriguing. Seems there's more to her story between that PCOC file about her and CO #6. Unless this is a third part of Rachel. "Team Affiliation: Ghostbusters Beyond"?

I wonder if Dibello or that Bone Dragon will get trading cards, too.

It's kind of funny we're 5 issues in, and like 101 -- and they're still throwing in more characters and the cast is still all split up and still has that anthology narrative vs. the straight forward arcs we've gotten used to in the past. Feels like they won't really come face to face with Tiamat until the end of #7.
@ *referring to bold*

Rachel's team affiliation makes me curious who's who that's representing on that team; an interdimensional team?
mrmichaelt liked this
*NormalGamer* wrote: July 31st, 2018, 5:54 pm@ *referring to bold*
Rachel's team affiliation makes me curious who's who that's representing on that team; an interdimensional team?
Now that you mention it, reminds me of Marvel Comics' Exiles team. Again, could be a likeable version of Ron on that team. lol.

EDIT: Ah okay, reread the card. This indeed is a third part. So regular human Rachel is on prime Earth, Senta is the evil part of Koza'Rai's essence, and this Rachel is the good part of Koza'Rai's demonic essence - who we never met before and is technically a new character. Interesting angle, Burnham.

EDIT 2: Tom posted another full page from #5, from the Wander Hills section.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1024478820370272256
*NormalGamer* liked this
Seriously though, some great writing in this issue.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Schoening's art is as incredible as it is adaptable to each style. I'm really enjoying seeing his line work without shading. really highlights his skill.
I'm going to do my best to keep this spoiler-free for now...

I love all the scrambled teams, but Ron/Patty/Garrett/RGB Ray/Gabe/Prime Janine really stand out.

I'm really hoping Ron mellows out after his experiences here. He's the only character I cannot stand at all, even though that's the point. Still, it breaks my heart, because I believe not liking characters to the point it hinders enjoyment of the fandom, defeats the purpose. I even enjoy Walter Peck, because as obnoxious as he still can be, at least he's cooperative to what the GBs are doing.

My trapped ghost prediction for Ron, in some way, is something I still hold hope for. So, we'll see.

Man... If you had told me 22 years ago that Blond Egon would be having regular adventures with Bill Murray Venkman, I'd say:

"Wow. That would make one hell of a third movie!"
*NormalGamer* liked this
Sayscalled liked this
groschopf wrote: August 1st, 2018, 3:46 pmIs it possible (if that wasn't a throw-away gag)
I'd like it to be. But, also....
HauntedWallflower liked this
CROSSING OVER #5

Main Story
PCOC Memo
Easter eggs so far
Last edited by mrmichaelt on August 2nd, 2018, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
*NormalGamer*, robbritton, Sayscalled and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 12:36 am CROSSING OVER #5

Main Story
PCOC Memo
Easter eggs so far
I wondered if the
I guess I'm alone in
VTC #48 is Louis Tully's Groovy Doom counterpart, who took in and now helps out the good side of Rachel Unglighter, when she first came to life and popped up in front in him. He is every bit as mundane in everyday life as the Prime Louis, but he actually is a Ghostbuster in the GB Beyond team. Or at least, he's just following Rachel's lead. He probably is Ichabod Crane in personality and thinks Rachel is his Katrina Van Tassel LOL. Then again, the original Ichabod was a gold-digger.

Start the Countdown: 3!

Also: I predict that Prime Winston JUST might be the last VTC....He could also easily be #49 with Tiyah as #50.
All these willy-nilly callbacks to Mass Hysteria will cave my head in....
HauntedWallflower wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 4:11 pmVTC #48 is Louis Tully's Groovy Doom counterpart, who took in and now helps out the good side of Rachel Unglighter, when she first came to life and popped up in front in him. He is every bit as mundane in everyday life as the Prime Louis, but he actually is a Ghostbuster in the GB Beyond team. Or at least, he's just following Rachel's lead. He probably is Ichabod Crane in personality and thinks Rachel is his Katrina Van Tassel LOL. Then again, the original Ichabod was a gold-digger.

Also: I predict that Prime Winston JUST might be the last VTC....He could also easily be #49 with Tiyah as #50.
So it looks like we have another GB Beyond member and I didn't not expect that this was a different version of Louis set apart from Prime Louis. Guess we'll see what happens in CO #6. ^_^

Also, yes, we shouldn't be surprised to see a Prime Winston card next week.
HauntedWallflower wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 4:11 pmVTC #48 is Louis Tully's Groovy Doom counterpart, who took in and now helps out the good side of Rachel Unglighter
I chuckled at the similarities with the prime Louis - still an accountant, jogs, generic aspirin.
HauntedWallflower wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 4:11 pm Also: I predict that Prime Winston JUST might be the last VTC....He could also easily be #49 with Tiyah as #50.
I still have this nagging feeling there might a continuation after #50 since there's still a couple characters and teams, like a Volume 2 of the virtual trading cards.
zeta otaku liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 4:11 pmVTC #48 is Louis Tully's Groovy Doom counterpart, who took in and now helps out the good side of Rachel Unglighter, when she first came to life and popped up in front in him. He is every bit as mundane in everyday life as the Prime Louis, but he actually is a Ghostbuster in the GB Beyond team. Or at least, he's just following Rachel's lead. He probably is Ichabod Crane in personality and thinks Rachel is his Katrina Van Tassel LOL. Then again, the original Ichabod was a gold-digger.

Where is card #48? I usually 'collect' them from Twitter, but nobody posted it, that I know of.
EDIT: Never mind. Got it. Had to go deep in Waltz's timeline.
1. It should be no surprise at this point -- but Crossing Over #6 has been pushed back a week to September 5.

2. And looking over Dan's covers to see who is left to appear, in theory.
So far those who appeared are:
PRIME
Peter
Ray
Janine
Winston
Rookie
Lou
Ron
Kylie and Pagan
Jenny

RGB
Peter
Egon
Ray
Slimer

EGB
Eduardo
Roland
Kylie
Slimer

SOS
Alan
Bridget
Geoff
Samuel
Gabriel

ATC
Holtzmann
Abby
Patty

Greenwich
Mike

So possibilities to appear on #7 and #8 A Covers are:
PRIME: Egon, Dani, Melanie and -- maybe Kevin, Peck, 101 pilot team
RGB: Winston
EGB: Garrett, Egon
ATC: Erin and -- maybe Kevin, Slimer, Lady Slimer since the RGB and EGB Slimer appeared
GW: Robobuster
Sayscalled wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 9:20 pm Where is card #48? I usually 'collect' them from Twitter, but nobody posted it, that I know of.
HauntedWallflower posted the link to the card in the very post you quoted. But admittedly, it is hard to to see the link if you put it in text like he did with "VTC #48". I tend to just post the link itself so it's easily seen:
VTC #48
vs.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1025089662719746048
mrmichaelt wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 2:41 am1. It should be no surprise at this point -- but Crossing Over #6 has been pushed back a week to September 5.

2. And looking over Dan's covers to see who is left to appear, in theory.
So far those who appeared are:
PRIME
Peter
Ray
Janine
Winston
Rookie
Lou
Ron
Kylie and Pagan
Jenny

RGB
Peter
Egon
Ray
Slimer

EGB
Eduardo
Roland
Kylie
Slimer

SOS
Alan
Bridget
Geoff
Samuel
Gabriel

ATC
Holtzmann
Abby
Patty

Greenwich
Mike

So possibilities to appear on #7 and #8 A Covers are:
PRIME: Egon, Dani, Melanie and -- maybe Kevin, Peck, 101 pilot team
RGB: Winston
EGB: Garrett, Egon
ATC: Erin and -- maybe Kevin, Slimer, Lady Slimer since the RGB and EGB Slimer appeared
GW: Robobuster
Sayscalled wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 9:20 pm Where is card #48? I usually 'collect' them from Twitter, but nobody posted it, that I know of.
HauntedWallflower posted the link to the card in the very post you quoted. But admittedly, it is hard to to see the link if you put it in text like he did with "VTC #48". I tend to just post the link itself so it's easily seen:
VTC #48
vs.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1025089662719746048
You're right. I'd have had no idea that was a link, if you hadn't said anything. Next time, if I don't see it, I'll check with HW here. Thanks!

And #6 is twenty days before I hit thirty-nine. LOL.
robbritton, mrmichaelt liked this
Could be worse, #6 is six days before I hit forty! What a date to be born!
Sayscalled, mrmichaelt liked this
LOL, I'm gone for over a day and not only is Sayscalled more myopic than me, but mrmichaelt thinks I'm a man :lol::lol:
All in good humour, boys, I guess I understand how it's hard to miss the dotted underline every time I embed a link within words in a sentence. Perhaps to make it easier, I'll bold every sentence I embed links in. Like this (No link in here, this is just a demo).
Sayscalled liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote: August 4th, 2018, 8:33 pm LOL, I'm gone for over a day and not only is Sayscalled more myopic than me, but mrmichaelt thinks I'm a man :lol::lol:
All in good humour, boys, I guess I understand how it's hard to miss the dotted underline every time I embed a link within words in a sentence. Perhaps to make it easier, I'll bold every sentence I embed links in. Like this (No link in here, this is just a demo).
My mistake. Sorry about that.
mrmichaelt wrote: August 7th, 2018, 6:01 pm Anyone wanna take a guess who #50 will be? EGB Egon? GBs 68-M? 11-W? 35-N? Gareth Dibello?
I'm definitely going for the former; since Prime Egon assigned EGB Egon to assist the 101 crew in the warehouse, he seems to be a key character in the story to get a card.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]