Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
mrmichaelt wrote:And I'd bet the Ghostbusters from the stylized versions of The Video Game are from 11-W (Wii with "W" moved to the end).
Wasn’t that already established earlier?
robbritton wrote: (Also love how the very concept of this IDW could be totally contradicted by future films and yet still totally coexist with them - they’d just be another alternate dimension! it’s the world’s first totally secure expanded universe!)
Despite IDW being considered the “prime” dimension, I’ve always considered the movies the “prime” dimension. Where anything that happens in comics, games, tv shows, etc aren’t considered canon to the movies. But the movies are canon to them. Just like how Star Wars and Marvel movies can make anything else moot.
If the IDW dimension was to be given a number, I was thinking 10-W, it seems pretty close to IDW. Or IDW can stay the “prime “ and the movies be given the title “alpha” (or something higher than prime). But these are just my thoughts and only part of my headcanon.
*NormalGamer* liked this
gboy6 wrote: May 13th, 2018, 5:58 am
mrmichaelt wrote:And I'd bet the Ghostbusters from the stylized versions of The Video Game are from 11-W (Wii with "W" moved to the end).
Was it? Where? A tweet? Off the top of my head, it and those Penguin-Hunters still have to be identified.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 13th, 2018, 6:00 am
gboy6 wrote: May 13th, 2018, 5:58 am Wasn’t that already established earlier?
Was it? Where? A tweet? Off the top of my head, it and those Penguin-Hunters still have to be identified.
I think he was referring to when either you or someone else headcanoned it to be so in a post from a previous page on the thread (11-W being the Stylized-verse, that is). Anyway, the card I've been waiting for is here!

VTC #25 aka JANINE!!! And I've had a lot to say about it in my reply as you can see.... *grumbles to herself about the "was" in -THAT- sentence*
Last edited by HauntedWallflower on May 17th, 2018, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton wrote: (Also love how the very concept of this IDW could be totally contradicted by future films and yet still totally coexist with them - they’d just be another alternate dimension! it’s the world’s first totally secure expanded universe!)
Despite IDW being considered the “prime” dimension, I’ve always considered the movies the “prime” dimension. Where anything that happens in comics, games, tv shows, etc aren’t considered canon to the movies. But the movies are canon to them. Just like how Star Wars and Marvel movies can make anything else moot.
If the IDW dimension was to be given a number, I was thinking 10-W, it seems pretty close to IDW. Or IDW can stay the “prime “ and the movies be given the title “alpha” (or something higher than prime). But these are just my thoughts and only part of my headcanon.
That’s what I mean, though - any and all films can be considered alternate dimensions within the IDW canon, even if future films contradict the IDW prime dimension continuity! It can never be actually meaningfully contradicted by anything! What a coup for an expanded universe.
*NormalGamer* liked this
robbritton wrote: May 15th, 2018, 5:15 pm

That’s what I mean, though - any and all films can be considered alternate dimensions within the IDW canon, even if future films contradict the IDW prime dimension continuity! It can never be actually meaningfully contradicted by anything! What a coup for an expanded universe.
Aykroyd's dimensional concept has really come full circle. ^_^
robbritton liked this
When asked Tom Waltz was coy about physical versions of the virtual trading cards.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/996483875550343170

We know they will be collected in the trade paperback. But I wonder if they will be snap off.

But we're halfway. 25 16 to go. So possibilities look like:
  • Prime Ghostbusters
  • Peter
  • Ray
  • Winston
  • Eduardo
  • Kylie
  • New Ghostbusters
  • Peck
  • Kevin
  • Rookie
  • Lou
  • Dani
  • Kim
  • EGB Kylie
  • Roland
  • EGB Egon
  • EGB Janine
  • SOS Ghostbusters
  • Geoff
  • ATC Ghostbusters
  • RGB
  • RGB Janine
  • Penguin-Hunters
  • Stylized Ghostbusters
  • 8-Bit Ghostbusters
  • RGB Slimer
  • EGB Slimer
The missing ghosts and Tiamat are also possible if they're going beyond the GBs and their staff.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on June 14th, 2018, 5:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
New VTC up on the IDW Ghostheads United Facebook page, I guess it’ll be on Twitter soon. Mrmichaelt, I think you’re going to like this one...
It's #27, Kevin Prime! Of course he's gonna like it! So which of these facts do you share with him, mrmichaelt? Also I'm highkey annoyed that Kevin has a degree and Janine doesn't....

We've also got a page from CO#5, featuring some Slimeriffic antics (RGB, Slimer!, EGB, ATC and one with a pointy head that I've never seen before), plus Jenny, giving Peck a headache for (?) Kevin's amusement.
HauntedWallflower wrote:It's #27, Kevin Prime! Of course he's gonna like it! So which of these facts do you share with him, mrmichaelt? Also I'm highkey annoyed that Kevin has a degree and Janine doesn't....
Nice! The only facts I share with Kevin is the skillset section. Erik created the character top to bottom 99.99%. The only other input I had was his stock civies he's usually drawn in but that was from Dan asking me.

I take it that any typos in the cards will be fixed in the trade but woof! I think I saw 3 in Kevin's card.

Gives me hope that Eduardo Prime will also have his own trading card.
HauntedWallflower wrote:We've also got a page from CO#5, featuring some Slimeriffic antics (RGB, Slimer!, EGB, ATC and one with a pointy head that I've never seen before), plus Jenny, giving Peck a headache for (?) Kevin's amusement.
Double nice! Been wondering when Kevin and Peck would interact. The pointy headed Slimer is from the Stylized versions of The Video Game, I believe.
We have another sneak peak preview from Crossing Over #4 from Tom with the two kylies interacting with each other; plus a My Little Pony reference to boot. ^_^ :

https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/999079721559244800
He's back...

Crossing Over #6 set for August 29
The Ghostbusters need every missing ghost back to properly recalibrate their rapidly malfunctioning containment unit, and so far, they've recaptured them all! But this time, something stands in their way-and his name is Louis Tully! The Ghostbusters mega crossover event continues here!
mrmichaelt wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 4:23 am He's back...

Crossing Over #6 set for August 29
The Ghostbusters need every missing ghost back to properly recalibrate their rapidly malfunctioning containment unit, and so far, they've recaptured them all! But this time, something stands in their way-and his name is Louis Tully! The Ghostbusters mega crossover event continues here!
Ah... Stuff just got real, and this time I'm not talking RGB.
I wouldn't be lying if I said I wanted that BA too, hehe, I got A in my O/Ls for Literature! Plus I just so happen to disagree with Erin about which Kevin is better than which! :lol:
mrmichaelt wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 4:23 amCrossing Over #6 set for August 29
*jaw drops* Dammit, Tiamat!!!!
Ha, well, I'm sure Kevin Tanaka thanks you. I'm in a vacuum when it comes to opinions on him so I was humbled when I saw the nice words and likes on the Ghostheads facebook. I guess a lot of people like him, too.

Yeah, seeing Louis in the logline was a curve ball. Makes me wonder if Dana will be back, too.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 8:44 pmHa, well, I'm sure Kevin Tanaka thanks you. I'm in a vacuum when it comes to opinions on him so I was humbled when I saw the nice words and likes on the Ghostheads facebook. I guess a lot of people like him, too.

Yeah, seeing Louis in the logline was a curve ball. Makes me wonder if Dana will be back, too.
I should've waited to like that IDW Ghostheads page before I deactivated my FB account a while back haha. Logically, we all should've seen Tully coming the moment Dana popped up in Peter's head once the rumours of Tiamat returning came up, cos Dana, Tully and Tiamat are the Troublesome Threesome of the comics by now.
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 9:36 pm I should've waited to like that IDW Ghostheads page before I deactivated my FB account a while back haha. Logically, we all should've seen Tully coming the moment Dana popped up in Peter's head once the rumours of Tiamat returning came up, cos Dana, Tully and Tiamat are the Troublesome Threesome of the comics by now.
Ha ha, yeah, I borrow someone's account to peak at the page from time to time.

Indeed. The supposed spirit guide. Good point. Tiamat could just being two more Servitors and possess them again. But it's a mystery of what her endgame is this time.

EDIT: Crossing Over #4 pushed to July 4. I hate comic book releases during a holiday so I actually hope this time the date gets pushed some more.
*NormalGamer* liked this
Great. More pushes. Ugh.

Anyway, VTC #28 is Dani from the Chicago Branch. You were right, mrmichaelt, it was a Prime week for cards! And, oh look, they really did incorporate some of her bio from Ghostbusters: Puzzle Fighter into her card! At least they haven't gone with turning her into Proton-powered Hawkeye/Green Arrow like they did in the game, as much as I enjoyed playing it.
Last edited by HauntedWallflower on May 24th, 2018, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 24th, 2018, 3:37 pm Great. More pushes. Ugh.

Anyway, VTC #28 is Dani from the Chicago Branch. You were right, mrmichaelt, it was a Prime week for cards! And, oh look, they really did incorporate some of her bio from Ghostbusters: Puzzle Fighter into her card! At least they haven't gone with turning her into Proton-powered Hawkeye like they did in the game, as much as I enjoyed playing it.
@ *referring to bold*

Great. Guess we should look forward to seeing Lou and The Rookie's solo cards, later. ^_^
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 24th, 2018, 5:49 pmNice! Always love learning more about the Chicago GBs. They are really plowing through the Prime characters as of late.

Do you know of any grab of her Puzzle Fighter card online or can you post it? I'm curious. That game was 2015 then her archer and narcissism was mentioned in the 2017 annual.
I deleted it two years ago from my phone, but I'll see if I can reinstall it and get my old progress back without needing to reactivate FB. Otherwise, I'll just play it all over again to get a snap. Still trying to find a grab online. All Google has got me so far was character art for the game.

EDIT: No luck, sorry :( I downloaded it, but when I try to start it up, some error message comes up saying I need to be connected to the internet for initial download, even though I am. Using an iPhone 4S must have something to do with it. Maybe the Spook Central guys can try?
mrmichaelt liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 24th, 2018, 6:07 pmI deleted it two years ago from my phone, but I'll see if I can reinstall it and get my old progress back without needing to reactivate FB. Otherwise, I'll just play it all over again to get a snap. Still trying to find a grab online. All Google has got me so far was character art for the game.

EDIT: No luck, sorry :( I downloaded it, but when I try to start it up, some error message comes up saying I need to be connected to the internet for initial download, even though I am. Using an iPhone 4S must have something to do with it. Maybe the Spook Central guys can try?
Thanks for trying and looking. Yeah, I'll also ask my cohort at the wiki and Paul from Spook Central. Chances are it's already on their to-do list. lol.
HauntedWallflower liked this
Neat, so unless I'm reading too much into it, that first paragraph is about Lou's encounter with a ghost during GB2.

Wonder if that means Rookie's card is coming up on Thursday.

EDIT: But overall, it's pretty cool after all these years, we're learning some new things about the back stories and the origin of the Ghost Smashers.
Three WIPs from CO #5. First is Prime Egon, Abby, RGB and Prime Winstons and Alan getting a slime shower.
Second is Mel (That's definitely the back of her head. Or it could be Erin, depending on how well you all know the details on Proton Packs, which I don't.) walking up to the silhouette of what looks like the ghost of that fat old hag who ran an orphanage, while Prime Peter and Roland watch. Same WIP has Holtzy get spooked and bring out her pistols.
Third WIP I only just noticed and it puts a smirk on my face: Walter Peck getting slimey pecks from Slimers across all known dimensions!!! You're all gonna love it!

Same page of Janine shushing a roomful of Busters. But I'm only sharing cos, unless it's my turn to read between lines, the caption implies that Janine's gonna be doing something huge in the issue.
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 30th, 2018, 2:39 pmThree WIPs from CO #5. First is Prime Egon, Abby, RGB and Prime Winstons and Alan getting a slime shower.
Second is Mel (That's definitely the back of her head. Or it could be Erin, depending on how well you all know the details on Proton Packs, which I don't.) walking up to the silhouette of what looks like the ghost of that fat old hag who ran an orphanage, while Prime Peter and Roland watch. Same WIP has Holtzy get spooked and bring out her pistols.
Third WIP I only just noticed and it puts a smirk on my face: Walter Peck getting slimey pecks from Slimers across all known dimensions!!! You're all gonna love it!
That's definitely someone from the Prime universe, imo. Could be Dani. We've seen WIPs of Holtzmann with Lou and Dani I think.
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 30th, 2018, 2:39 pmSame page of Janine shushing a roomful of Busters. But I'm only sharing cos, unless it's my turn to read between lines, the caption implies that Janine's gonna be doing something huge in the issue.
I think that's when the EGB and SOS teams go down the rabbit role of AUs and time travel that's been hinted at so far then Janine gets tired of the tangent and Egon continues with the mission brief. Or will she take up Peck's job offer? Or just... quit?
I'm pleased the Bryan Welsh name is still honored from time to time. So it seems Ron is the only one with a college degree in the Chicago Ghostbusters - which I think was from one of Tristan's PCOC pages - a Bachelor of Arts and Sciences then recently on his card, it was revealed he never finished his Doctoral studies in Engineering.

And unless there's going to be a card for Kim, the secretary, that finishes up the Chicago Ghostbusters.

And in the comments section, Erik confirmed the Stylized video game's universe to be Dimension 11-W.

EDIT: First 3 pages of Crossing Over #3

https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 1920bb.jpg

https://is1-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 1920bb.jpg

https://is4-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 1920bb.jpg

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]