This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By MrVigilante
It is okay to buy props from Etsy? Like these maybe...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/644027255/ ... y_viewed-5

https://www.etsy.com/listing/557226102/ ... ch_click=1

I'm kind of embarassed to say all I own are the Spirit Halloween props. Money has always been tight and Spirit has been a Godsend. Plus I'm not good with the artistic aspects of building. I've started doing light cosmetic upgrades to my pack. I know it's not much but it's all I got!
By tobycj
I say go for it. Not everyone has the time, know how or skills to make this stuff themselves. Absolutely no shame in buying it off etsy or similar, and ditto for Spirit stuff. You can make the Spirit proton pack look great for not a great deal of money (I'm probably on about £250 in total for mine and more than happy with it), versus easily spending £1000+ for a kit and all the bits and electronics for it.
By Glenn Frederick
Etsy is a great place to buy props from and there's several members on here that sell their items on Etsy.

Just be warned that like eBay or any online site that has sales from individual sellers you need to do your research.

I would check the feed back threads on here before making any purchases, if somebody has been selling Ghostbusters Props they should have a topic on them and if you can't find one then just ask if anyone has purchased from them before.
By MrVigilante
Thank you! Just wanted another opinion.

My story is this... I've been a GB fan since I was 7 when my parents got me the first two movies on VHS and an XGB Proton Pack. I've never looked back. I even begged my parents to let me by Kenner RGB toys off ebay. Still have them. But I was 11 when I got the RGB pack. I was a big kid. I built my own Pack with two soda bottles and a Danish cookie tin. But I was never satisfied. Since then, I viewed GB as just another couple of movies in my collection.

Now at 28, I got invited to a Halloween party a few weeks ago and I needed a costume. I haven't dressed up since I was 11. Walking through Spirit Halloween looking for potential costumes, a beam of light shined on a Proton Pack. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I felt like a kid who had a credit card. I bought everything in one stop. Drove home at high speed to put them on.

Buying then ignited my inner ghostbuster. I bought the Chrades Premium flight suit. I ripped off the embroidered patch and replaced it with velcro so I can change between patches. Even got a Ghostbusters 3 logo patch for fun.

But I have been looking on Etsy to make light upgrades on the pack. Like a V hook, new ribbon cable, looking for a ALICE frame. I like the Spirit trap. But it's big and, most of all, has no pedal. I need to contain myself from over spending...!
One time liked this
By tobycj
I'd recommend user spongeface's upgrade kits for the pack. He's out of the light kits until next month, but they're made specifically for the spirit pack and he does a good cosmetic upgrade kit too.
By Kingpin
There's nothing against buying props from Etsy.

However, I feel I should point out some observations about the GB1-style Ghost Trap, as there's a lot of details that are out of scale, or incorrect.

•The vector plate on the side of the trap (with the gold resistor) is close to twice as thick as it should be. The black knob on the same side of the Trap should be about half its current size.
•The brass fitting attached to the red hose on the Trap Pedal should be a brass hex fitting instead of a barb, and the hoses should disappear under the pedal vector plate, rather than into the base.
•The red indicator light on the Trap battery should be around half the size of the current piece, the hose for the Trap should be attached with a quick-release fitting, rather than a brass barb.
•The black pointer knob on the side with the red rods should feature a skirt section.
•The ribbon cable on the pedal should be about half as long, and the red indicator light should be about a quarter the size of the current piece.

It's by no means a terrible piece, but it would require modification if you wish to make it make it more closely resemble the prop used in the film.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]