This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Noremon
Repurposing this to us for all the little stuff I doing to make do for Hallowe'en. I didn't see anything in the Rules against it.

---

Belt Gizmo:
I'm trying to get my first outfit done by Hallowe'en and most of my budget is going towards the base uniform. A tribulation is that the nearest Dollarama (under $5.00 store) is closed for renovations for a month. So I'm limited in supplies for inexpensive items. So I decided to make do and use a square flashlight I already have as the belt gizmo. Yesterday I saw an old 99¢ cellular-telephone case in a clearance bin I thought my flashlight might fit into.

I'll attach a telephone cord to it too. Probably a clip on light where I hook the other end of the cord as well.
Last edited by Noremon on September 29th, 2017, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Noremon
Leg Hose:
I saw the Primer guide for using plumbing parts to make one, but when I was at Home Hardware I saw something called a reducer brushing that was all one piece. I plan to buy a rubber proper leg hose connector eventually and use the magnet method to attach it. But I spent my whole budget on the flight suit and an order from the GBFans Shop, so this will do for now.

I bought 5 feet of tubing for 49¢CAD a foot so I'm sticking with the clear "Ghostbusters II" look for it since it's less to worry about. The reducer brushing also is 1/2'' but the tubing glided through so I'll probably put Goop or hot glue on the inside of the reducer bushing too. I also bought a 3 pack of neodymium magnets, & a not stainless steel washer.

Goop is an adhesive I use a lot because it's waterproof, fairly strong, & it can be peeled off of some surfaces so doesn't have to be permanent. The neodymium magnets were more expensive than I expected so I didn’t want to permanently attach one to the cheap part.

So, yeah, I just glued the magnet to the back of the reducer bushing. I'll use the washer inside of my flight suit to hold it in place.

I let it set 24 hours to dry. Goop usually doesn't take long to dry but it didn't attach well to whatever plastic the part was made out of so required longer to set.

Then I painted it grey with acrylic paint & a sponge applicator. These pictures are after the first coat.

I went with grey because of the clear tubing it would be more "Ghostbusters II".

I used 2 coats of paint and a coat of DuraClear glaze. So that's what I have for the leg hose connector. The tubing fits in better since having Goop on the inside of the reducer bushing.
By Noremon
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Goggles:
Because of the nearest Dollarama being closed I decided to go with generic goggles instead of trying to put something together. I was originally planning to use safety goggles [the clear vinyl all one piece type with elastic band] with some biohazard signs on the sides. But one of the recommended items Amazon.ca suggested was this pair of Sellstrom welding ones.

{ https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00CA8NUGG/ref ... 9zbT6NDGW9 }

So I decided to get them instead. And I think they did fantastically!

Yes, I have purpley-pink hair.
By Noremon
Mood Slime:
I took a hook on hand sanitizer bottle and filled it with Life brand grapefruit & yuzu hand soap with 1 drop of red food colouring.

I clipped it onto one of my belt fobs and I guess it's like a sample. I bought a plastic jar I was going to use but I wasn't sure how to attach it. I'd like to find those containers other members have posted.

I think it would have looked better with a drop of neon pink food colouring too but I don't have any right now.
By Noremon
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Belt Fobs:
I was originally going to hook extra clips onto cheap pet collars but I saw tjis pack on Amazon.ca and just bought them. I figured I could reuse them for other things.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06Y6DM5R5/ref ... 9zb0Z3EAT8

I also hooked a telephone cord behind the cellphone case-flashlight conglomeration and used a chip clip to clip on the other end of it.

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome