This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Effecta
Hi all,

I'm looking for more detailed infos about the ESP device used by Venkman in the first scene.
I can't find it in the forum because the searching windows refuses three character words (like ESP, PKE, HGA, PPD…)
If someone has these info, like photos, plans, dimensions…, please post or link them.
Thanks
By Kingpin
I do recall someone finding a model that was similar, if not identical to device used in Ghostbusters, however I've struggled to find the thread they posted about it. The closest I'd come was Irricanian's device, but it looks like it might be a replica.
By Logan Cade
Here's a link to the one I picked up. I also heard them called "NRI" Negative Reinforcement Initiator.
http://www.tacticaltoolsusa.com/ghostbustersnri/
I believe this is the correct one, a Beckman W. H. Curtin Co. Glass Electrode ph Meter Model G.
I see little differences, like the round glass gauge, but it's possible that was added. I was going to hook up a T.E.N.S unit to it for electrical stimulation. They're cheap, like $10 on ebay.
Effecta liked this
By Alex Newborn
The first thread where I saw it identifed was by ramcuda:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34713&p=458515&hili ... er#p458515

He said he'd read about the correct ID on a thread on the RPF by a guy named phish4dinner:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=193559

After thanking both of these guys, I began my search and I now personally have three of the Beckman pH meter model G's.

None of them are 100% accurate to the movie, but one of them does have the round dial instead of the square.

I don't seem to have any photos online of the third one with the round dial. I'll try to snap one for you.

In the meantime, here's a link to an older thread of mine, which hasn't been updated since buying a third one.

Picture links are all dead, as usual, but I did have some videos in there.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36556&p=4809072&hil ... 4#p4809072

I just realized, we all used lines from the movie to title our threads.

phish4dinner called his "You volunteered, didn't you? We're paying you, aren't we?", ramcuda called his just "We're paying you aren't we?" and I called mine "The Effect of Negative Reinforcement on E.S.P. Ability".

Too bad there's not an entry on the Equipment Page here for "other/BeckmanpHmeter"

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Here are all of my Beckman pH meters, as mentioned in my above post...

The one with the makeshift replacement handle (possibly coat hanger wire?) is this one, the only one with a round gauge, and the most beat-up, so I think of it as the oldest one. It was my third.

As you can see, it's missing the Zero Adjustor knob. It's also missing a little metal post in the wooden frame at front. If I recall correctly, when the lid pushes this post down, it latches the front panel from the inside so it won't swing open as you lift and move the meter.

Otherwise, it is the one that most closely resembles the movie prop.

This was my second one. It does have a Zero Adjustor knob, but I believe the knob's post design is incompatible to swap it to the older unit. It also has the little latch-post mechanism intact. This is the one in best condition, and probably the youngest of the three.

It's also unique from the other two by having a silver ring around the 'zap switch' opening. I paid the most shipping on this one, and couldn't figure out at first why it cost so much more. When it arrived, its weight made the answer plain: unlike my first one, it was fully stocked with all of its large batteries inside.

Still from this video:

And finally, this was the first one I got, for a mere $40 shipped. Again, no ZA knob, but it does have the latch post.

I removed the lid by unscrewing its hinges, although technically the lid on the movie prop has the hinges intact and the wood is broken off.

Alas, the science labs that had these seem to have often etched in a serial number, etc. to discourage theft. (I have been plagued by this by fire departments, too, with second-hand PASS alarms and MT500s.)

Hope this helps!

Alex
    Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]