This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
Okay, so it's not 100% accurate to the movie and it's missing a knob or two, but I just got my Beckman pH meter in the mail... for less than $40 shipped, so I'm very happy with it!

Not only is it something I wanted just for the collection, but I had already written one of these into my Fan-Film script in a heavily featured way, so expect to eventually see it put to good use.

Alex
Heroic35, Sutton621, Spengs and 1 others liked this
I bought it from eBay but the section covered by the Zener cards (a GBFans Shop purchase) has different text from the movie and a stamped logo at the bottom of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas.

I may eventually scan the art of the maid and correct the text. I wonder who could print them on plastic if I do that?

And for what it's worth, the clipboard is pretty accurate to the one in the movie, too, but I had to get creative at interpreting the rotated-and-stretched pixels of the screencap.

The stuff I wrote on the pages makes a couple of continuity references to the novel, using the name Scott (Dickinson) for the nerd, and I first wrote Brenda for the girl, then lightly erased it and wrote Jennifer over it.

Mueller had apparently named her Brenda for the book, but then had to correct it after the character was named in the film for the actress. He missed one of the Brendas, and it stayed in the book.

And on the third page there's a nod to a line from a deleted scene. Down at the bottom corner I put "Call Lesley, maybe take her to lunch." A nod to "Don't say hello, Lesley!" from the laserdisc-only deleted Nobel scene.

Would you believe I had no gum in the house, and had to run to the store for some before I could take the pic the way I envisioned it?

Alex
Yeah, those water games go for WAY too much every time they're listed.

Plus, I want the correct sticker instead of the one where the colors are reversed, so I'm having to be very picky about that item.

But, hey, my patience paid off on stuff like the Beckman, and that awesome Philco radio you ID'ed, so eventually I'll get the water game.

Too bad they never sell Jennifers on eBay. Although, thinking back to the Jennifer I briefly dated in 1989, maybe it's better that they don't! ;)

Alex
Here's a pic I took before I got my better-graphic deck of ESP cards, just forgot to include it in this thread.

Now then, elsewhere in the room, we see a few other pieces of set dressing.

Still trying to make out the model number on this electrolyte analyzer.

Also seen later when Dean Yeager is dissing and dismissing them.

Thanks to a post at the RPF by vengecore, I know what this orange device at the left is.

It's a device for injecting ink into your brain or other venous organs before an MRI or X-ray. I just haven't found one in my price range yet. Usually the shipping alone is 2-300 bucks, or else they say local pickup only.

[By the way, it's also a set dressing prop seen in Looney Tunes Back In Action.

Easier to spot in one of the featurettes.

Image ]

But on the more affordable end of the spectrum would be these items seen over Venkman's shoulder when he administers the ESP test.

Anybody wanna help ID that frog toy?

I found a similar-looking piggy bank.

But it's tiny. Less than 3.5" tall.

If the one in the movie is the same size, it must be on top of something elevating it higher than the lip of the styrofoam cup.

So I was hoping any info on the frog might help me determine if this piggy bank is the right size.

Or do you guys know if these banks were made in different heights?

Alex
Got another Beckman pH meter.

Took some of the parts from the new one (on the right) to improve my original (left) which was more accurate with regards to the switch Peter throws.

Unfortunately the 'zero adjustor' knob is a) incompatible from one to the other and b) not movie accurate anyway.

Still on the lookout for a more accurate zero adjustor knob, as well as a more accurate dial. In the movie it's round.

[EDIT] I uploaded a video comparison.

Alex
    Proton Props UK

That's strange, he gave me an entirely different r[…]

For anyone interested in seeing some of the orig[…]

Did anyone watch it?

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]