This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By ramcuda
Dang it ... yes there are two hard hats
Yes Egons has the wire running threw the hole higher in the helmet ... and may have rivets ...
BUT !!!!!

I was going after this look
to look here i can see if the one that DA has on has the wire threw the higher hole..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Nh2BB7NyPM
I dont see it here,,
Alex Newborn wrote:The above pic was captured on YouTube. I put in the DVD and made this collage.

Alex
Well i have two hardhats done .. the one that DA has on ,, I'm close for sure ...
So if someone can for sure show me there are rivets on Egons hardhat ill convert my 2nd hardhat over ...
is clear to see that there was probably at least two prop builders put on the task of building the hardhats ...

Ok so this thread is come back to life due to new info .....
ProtonCharger liked this
By ramcuda
Ok you all did it now ....

you got me all wound up.. I can't leave things alone now ....

What it with all the miss drilled holes in both the two hardhats ? ..... I know these are fast dirty props but come on !!!!

Alright where is my drill at ? .......
By Alex Newborn
I also noticed that Egon's hardhat when they're in the subway tunnel doesn't match the one he had in the Van Horne tiled chamber.

The chamber was shot first, the train tunnel was added very late during reshoots to heighten the scares/tension.

Maybe the one Aykroyd wears in the tunnel was previously worn by Ramis for the Van Horne scene.

To make matters worse, Aykroyd's helmet in the Van Horne scene is not the other Tuf-E.

Alex
By ramcuda
Ok what is the van horn seen
By Alex Newborn
Ah, sorry, that was sort of ambiguous. I meant the scene where Egon, Winston, and Ray enter the "Van Horne Pneumatic Transit" tiled chamber on foot (and fall into the river of slime) but yeah, there is the other scene when Ray enters it through the hole in the ceiling and takes the slime sample, and he's got different hard hats from shot to shot for that scene as well.

Curse you, GB2 continuity person!

Alex
By ramcuda
Alex you have a Jackson Safety Sentry hard hat

so for the street scene ( who told you to stop cutin )
Egon is waring a Jackson Safety Sentry hard hat / no lamp
Ray is waring a Eastern Safety Tuf E hardhat / with lamp
Peter is waring a ?????????

In the train tunnel and same in the Van Horn scene
Egon is waring a Eastern Safety Tuf E hardhat /with lamp
Ray is waring a Eastern Safety Tuf E hardhat /with lamp
Winston is waring a Jackson Safety Sentry hard hat / with lamp

the scene where they lower Ray
on the way down its the Tuf E
but for about 2 seconds about the time he yells SLIME it a unknown hard hat( SEE PIC ) ...
(Tuf e has 3 rectangles on the sides the one at this point only has two )
and when he gets the sample its the Tuf E again ...
By Alex Newborn
Here's a visual guide to all the yellow hardhats worn by the four GB's in Ghostbusters 2.

In the street scene, shot in LA, Aykroyd wears an Eastern Safety Tuf-E, Ramis wears a Jackson Safety Sentry. (ID'd by ramcuda.) Murray wears an as-yet-unidentified hardhat with a vaguely spade-shaped flat area above the bill. Only Aykroyd's Tuf-E sports a JustRite headlamp in this scene, while Murray and Ramis' hardhats sport various stickers.

~~~

When Aykroyd is lowered into the shaft, shot on a soundstage, his Tuf-E changes to a different lamped hardhat and back-- TWICE!

On this fourth style of hardhat, note the single low ridge down the middle and the somewhat triangular boxy areas above the temples.

~~~

Later in the film, when all the GB's except Murray go into the subway tunnels, both Aykroyd and Ramis wear Tuf-E's with headlamps. Hudson wears a fifth style of hardhat, also with a headlamp.

The details of this hardhat are almost backwards from those of a Jackson Safety Sentry. Note the pointed stripe on the back of the ridge, very similar to the front of Egon's hardhat from the earlier street scene.

Another tiny continuity error... for one brief shot during the severed head scene, Winston's hardhat is missing entirely.

The train tunnel scene was the last scene shot using the hardhats, during reshoots done months after principal photography. It was filmed in a NYC nightclub that contained old subway tracks.

Note the amount of yellow paint that has flaked off of the two Tuf-E's, both of which were originally white.

~~~

The next scene edited, back on the Van Horne soundstage set, was actually shot much earlier.

Egon is still in a Tuf-E, but now Winston and Ray are both wearing 'number four style' hardhats with the single ridge down the middle. Egon's Tuf-E in this scene shows no damage to the yellow paint job.

~~~

So, by my count, assuming that Ray and Egon are simply swapping two Tuf-E's around to account for the different wire placements, there are a minimum of seven hard hats in all.

Venkman's with the 'No Bozos' and '100%' stickers
Egon's Jackson Safety Sentry with 'Runway Visual Range' and other stickers
Ray's Tuf-E with JustRite headlamp
Ray's alternate single-spine with headlamp
Winston's train tunnel hardhat with headlmap
Egon's Tuf-E with headlamp
Winston's alternate single-spine with headlamp

Alex
ramcuda liked this
By ramcuda
Alex

Ok i should import all my info to you when poeple ask and let you do the visual guide ...lol

Great work on that ... people like you end up making life ezer for everyone ...

I just nailed down the Winston hard hat with luck i can run down the mystery hard hat that's in the later scenes ...

I may never find Peters hardhat ... I'm having a friend in Canada look around there for it .. it might be an import ..

Alex .. when are you going to post pics of you full Egon street scene outfit ? YO !!!!!

PS.. I just got asked " what are you going to do with all these hardhats ? "

Great I need a good answer quick .....
By Alex Newborn
Ooh, can't wait to hear what the Winston hardhat was!

What amazes me is that I had never even looked on my Egon hardhat to see what the make was, and sure enough, you had it exactly right. Mine's a Sentry III, to be precise.

I did think about doing another Egon pic when I found an old flannel shirt the other day that vaguely resembles the shirt/jacket he's wearing in that scene, but a) I haven't printed out labels for the hardhat yet and b) I grew a beard over the holidays and it wouldn't look right in an Egon pic, LOL.

Hey, did I tell you I found a pic online of a Tuf-E that was yellow? Were they ever manufactured in that color, or was white the only option?

The 'what are you going to do' question sounds like my wife...

Oh, I know. Just tell people it's for a Village People cover band. No wait, that would only be one, wouldn't it?

A Bob the Builder cosplay?

Alex
By ramcuda
Winston's hardhat .. found

can i drop en ebag link ?

If not look up

Yellow Pyramex Hard Hat on ebay
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray's Unknown hardhat on ebay as well

Looks to be a Jackson safety as well

Item number: 281044940488

Look at the triangle shaped detail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really feel Peter's hardhat is most likely an MSA
By Alex Newborn
ramcuda wrote: if you look at the bracket from the back the big hole in the center of the bracket .. you need to drill that open a bit .. enough to pass the wire threw .... dont for get to drill the same size hole in the front of the hardhat ..
Dang, I forgot these directions, and I drilled a hole in the hardhat for the wire to go *over* the bracket. Not as high as on Egon's, but I totally forgot to go through the metal piece. Dang.

My bracket has three holes in a vertical line. I'm assuming I need to use the middle one?

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Hmmm... I'm checking the movie again, and I think it's possible the wire does go over the bracket on Ray's hardhat.

Here's the frame that caught my eye:

And if we focus in on just Ray...

... there's something dark approximately where the wire would be going over the bracket. It *might* still be just a shadow of the switch on the top of the lamp.

So I fiddled with the contrast, but it didn't behave like the rest of the shadows. I think it's a solid object, namely the wire.

Sigh, but then again, the switch itself, which is definitely solid, DOES behave like the shadows. Dang it.

And speaking of shadows, look at the S-shaped shadow of the wire seen below the lamp in the original pic.

I took the real lamp and aimed a single light source above and behind it, and kept moving it until the shadows of the bracket and wire matched, and it had the wire over the bracket at the time.

I tucked the wire down as if it were being fed into the middle hole, and the wire's shadow was straight.

Now, there's WAY too many variables involved in the shadows to say with certainty that the wire can ONLY go over the bracket, so I'm just saying it's plausible that it could go that way too.

But obviously, the fact that I'd already drilled my hole for that placement makes all my results a bit suspect, since that's obviously the outcome I was desiring.

So if anyone has a more objective interpretation-- ie someone not attempting this build-- please double-check my work.

Alex
By ramcuda
Alex can you PM me ............
I need you to look at something
By ramcuda
Sorry ... putting the cart in front of the horse ( Again )
By ramcuda
ok ... here is the last unidentified hard hat used my the main cast of the movie ....

I found it on ebag , same place i have found all the other hard hats and head lamps ... it seems these where some what rare when new , So making them harder to find from the start..

Its made by ERB model 906 only cast in red / as far as i know
Ill post a finshed pic after i get the stickers done and on ...

sorry about the big pic....

I think we now have covered all the hard hats used by the main cast .....
and anyone taking on there own hard hat builds and need info you can drop me or Alex a pm
By Alex Newborn
Looks great, can't wait to see it with the No Bozos and 100% labels in place.

Big thanks to ramcuda for ID'ing this Venkman style hardhat! That was the first one I wanted to find, even though the Egon and Ray styles have proven so much easier.

The closest I came to finding it was spotting two of them in the 1980 parody "Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind".

Skip to about 3:45 to see both.

But ramcuda did all the hard detective work, slogging through more than half of the 11,000 hardhats listed on eBay until he spotted a match.

Great work!

Alex
By ramcuda
Wow done !!!! FIN !!!!!!!

Ok Mr Newborn and myself got all the main cast hardhats Identified and built.....

Here is the finished Hardhat.... Stickers done today ...

I have the files for the stickers if anyone needs them resized to the screen used ones ...

Parts list

All the hardhats are found on E-bay
headlamps are found on E-bay
Art work for the stickers done by me
Alex Newborn liked this
By Alex Newborn
Jealous! Wish I could score the Murray hardhat.

But, in other news, I did just source a Square D button for the desk alarm.

Alex
By ramcuda
I did say I was done here didnt I ?????

Well maybe not .....

Ok here it is Dan's Alternate hard hat from the tunnel seen yet another Jackson Safety

Seen Here

Alex ..... We need one more hardhat to complete the collection ?
By Alex Newborn
You gonna put a headlamp on that one?

I still need a Murray, you are missing just the one Ernie Hudson wears, right?

Alex
By ramcuda
yep.... and i know where i can get one ....and its a century as well...
By Ronnie Lee Taylor
This is some good stuff right here. You guys have some good eye for detail. I'd never noticed the scuffing at all and I don't know how many times I've watched this movie. lol. The train scene is one of my favorite parts.
Alex Newborn liked this
By Alex Newborn
Well, we now can confirm that these were also molded in blue. Surely there must be a real yellow version out there somewhere.

Alex
ProtonCharger liked this
By ramcuda
i hand made and resized both of the stickers ... i have the files ....
if you look there is a big difference from real No bozo sticker and the one on the hat in the movie ....

or

look at my prop and the screen shot you see ..
By Alex Newborn
Good eye on the raised tab. This is my placeholder hardhat... it's missing the internal webbing anyway. I'm gonna keep looking.

Yeah, the stickers were an impulse purchase off the 'Bay. I thought I could trim off the rectangular border.... but when they arrived I saw that they are really two stickers in one: the circular 'prohibited Bozo' is also removable from the rest of the sticker.

Not gonna use them now, but I may scan one and modify it.

I also have some black/red 100% stickers which are similarly good for scanning and altering, and were free for the price of a SASE.

http://www.ride100percent.com/blog/want-free-stickers/
(This is the exact address I used, and it shows them as blue and red, but when they arrive they are black and red.)

The ones in the link that ironfist provided look closer, but still have the red above the blue, whereas Peter's has the blue above the red.

Alex

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]