This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
Alex Newborn wrote:
Oh, and I'm still working on the blue shirt and the brown coat, but I found a pretty good match for the Izod.
It's not a brown coat Alex, it's green. The coat you're after is a Gloverall duffle coat, I've got one and it's spot on :cool:

Here's a pic of one for reference
Thanks, Bob!

I actually very recently got the 'Gloverall' ID from a friend in France who goes by the name "Dr. Raymond Stantz".

But yeah, colors are always tricky for me. I was termed 'color deficient' as a kid, but I think it was an attempt at saying 'color blind' in a more PC way, which never really caught on. Apparently a trait I got from my maternal grandfather, who once owned a canary yellow and dark brown Chevrolet which he insisted was black and white.

Alex
Dusting off an old thread, in the interest of making sure anyone who follows my builds gets THE most up-to-date information...

Before you go any further, follow this link and read the wonderful thread by some real 'prop identification' pioneers, Ryan the Ghostbuster and delta88: http://gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41108

~~~

Okay, are you back?

Alright, well, as you saw in the other thread, I was totally wrong about the NV-8410, and I have now bought a more correct unit to go with my Panasonic PK-750... a Quasar VH5300SE.

Here my son Zak models the combined units, wearing a Gloverall jacket.

Actually, I bought the Quasar twice, as detailed in this video.

Alex
My nephew Tucker is a big Harry Potter fan. He emailed me tonight about the new "Hogwarts Mystery" mobile game and said he thought Charlie Weasley's jacket reminded him of mine... namely the Gloverall jacket I bought for my Ray Stantz library cosplay-- using great info supplied by Bob Wobbaz and 'Dr. Raymond Stantz' in this very thread!

It *is* an English jacket, after all, and even though the Weasley family is known for their hand-me-down clothing, I looked it up and Charlie *did* enroll at Hogwarts beginning in ... ?

1984!

The main thing that I spotted where they took a liberty with the Gloverall design was to put the 'horn toggle closures' on the opposite sides. Here's a pic of mine from a few Christmases ago. (Not as cosplay, just because it's a very cozily warm winter jacket!)

But how perfect is that? An English jacket that was available in the 80s, with horns for fasteners? Pretty perfect for Charlie Weasley... who would go on to work with dragons in Romania, right?

One more image of my jacket... this is one of my favorites. My son Zak modeled it for me as I tried to duplicate a particular movie frame.

Alex
RedSpecial liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]