By andy86
Hey all,

As a noob and some one who is looking into becoming a GB very soon, would be a good indication to see how many aussie gb's we have and also in VIC and getting to know some faces. Saw a few at geddon' but didnt get a chance to chat for too long.

Cheers
By Giggity
Hey Andy. I'm from Ballarat, Victoria. We have a few Auzzie GB's here but I don't think we have many from Victoria.
By Giggity
I'm currently building a Ghost Trap and some Ecto Goggles. They are slowly coming together but there's just not enough hours in the day. After that, I'll make a proton pack and an Ectomobile.

What about you? Anything in the works?
By andy86
At this stage im looking into the proton pack and blaster, will then go for the uniform. Aiming for completion by armagheddon expo in October. Are you coming down for that?
By Giggity
Yeah, I'll be going - I'm quite excited, I've never been to an expo before. I'm hoping to complete it all by then, too. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think you'll do for a Proton Pack? I'm looking in to it, too, and am just wondering what other Australians are doing.
By Centuri
Hey guys,

please add 5 more to the VIC crowd. me and some mates are doing a group GB project, each of us taking on the research and production of certain costume elements. I have begun scratchbuilding a pack which i will eventually cast and fibreglass. I'll get some photos up once it actually looks like something :)

We are all current members of the 501st legion, for those who have not heard of it we are a Star Wars costuming group.
By OzSpook
Centuri wrote:Hey guys,

please add 5 more to the VIC crowd. me and some mates are doing a group GB project, each of us taking on the research and production of certain costume elements. I have begun scratchbuilding a pack which i will eventually cast and fibreglass. I'll get some photos up once it actually looks like something :)

We are all current members of the 501st legion, for those who have not heard of it we are a Star Wars costuming group.
Howdy Cen,
Fancy seeing you here! lol
By RickH
Centuri wrote: We are all current members of the 501st legion, for those who have not heard of it we are a Star Wars costuming group.
I have indeed heard of it. I met some of the 501st SCG crowd at the RAAF Richmond Xmas Fair last year, very nice group of people. I had my Proton Pack in the boot of the car, so there was a bit of Ghostbusters/Star Wars show 'n tell going on, hehe.

Well you guys have probably got the skillz that killz when it comes to prop building, looking forward to seeing photos of your scratch-builds.

Good luck
By andy86
hey guys thats correct, im also 501st but my skills are still mediocre at most! I have pics of my scratch builds on my facebook if any ones interested let me know will send the album your way!

cheers

Aidan (aka andy)
By Centuri
hey aidan, welcome bro. getting back into building my pack after a few weeks off. you should come by and check it out :)
By jughead80
I'm originally from Canada but I'm currently living in Melbourne, St Kilda East area.
All my gear is back home but I'd be up for any kind of get together if anything is happening.
By Ecto-ASH
Hey guys more melbourne love! Ash-Fitzroy, No pack, re-started on uniform tho, Heaps of interest in buying pack parts here in melbourne whoever is setting up a VIC Equipment workshop, anyone thought of putting a Proton Pack Kit together? Go VICTORIA GHOSTBUSTERS!!
By andy86
hey ash, im in the same place just waiting for vic ghost heads to come up with a proton pack, as any thing shipped is way over budget even with the dollar high. In the mean time im just saving and looking into a proton blaster kit mostlikely
By MickeyJuice
Just checking in :)
I'm from North-East Victoria, and haven't been on this site in about a year! :)

I was looking at making a costume about a year ago and was considering Alkalines Fiberglass shell.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=17258

I should have grabbed one when I was in the States recently! With the stronger Aussie dollar, it might be time to grab some parts!

Just having a quick browse I like the look of Throwing Chicken's gun kit.
By DoeReEgon
Hi! I'm from Geelong :)

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]