Foom Man wrote:Thanks guys. I'll be cutting it all together over the next few weeks. I'm going to try and make it a tight ten minutes, but after last night we might wind up with something nearing 15.
15 is fine by me man
WebChief wrote:Looks really cool, guys! I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Thanks man, we're glad to hear that people from all over are taking an interest in the movie.

I've started doing some effect shots and I'm finding that the rotoscop assist tool in After Effects CS5 is letting us get away with some ideas I'd never thought possible. We're able to do some pretty cool stuff with the streams and how they interact with the actors, which is pretty exciting to see as it all comes together. Pat & Jon can vouch that I'm itching to post some video from the project, but patience will hopefully make this project have an even greater impact when finished and online.

Trying to have this wrapped and online by the end of the month will prove to be quite a test of endurance for handling the effects. We still have our last day of shooting too, but I'm sure we'll have this wrapped within a month or so. I think GBNH can say with confidence that we're piecing something together all the franchises will get a great kick out of. Stay tuned.
I see you got a spiffy new Avatar, Foom : )

Take your time with the FX. That's cool that AfterFX has that. I tried a copy I got (it was an old version) and I couldn't figure it out. I want to get FXHome (that's my budget level LOL). You guys are getting this done FAST! How long is the movie? We tried to do the SCGB movie for an hour and we were on an off for over a year before it collapsed. You guys have been at this for what, two months??
We've only had two days of shooting, starting about two weeks back. I'm sort of over-motivated when it comes to short film projects, and factor in the entire GBNH team's morale & input and you've got the recipe for a speedy production (despite the fact I have a 100+ minute commute to the shoots!). The SLC guys have been very supportive too, and having all those people weighing in and giving feedback is a great way to keep things moving forward.

It'll be about 15 minutes when done, feeling like an episode of RGB with a slightly more modern, self-aware mix of humor. At its heart it'll be very true to the movies and show, but there are a few jokes and touches that feel like something created post-Simpsons. Have no fear though- I promise authentic laughs and an attitude akin to what we've all come to expect from Ghostbusters... particularly in the last act.
MotherPussBucket wrote:Interesting. I'd love to chat with you about the FX, Kevin.
Heh, I just sent brad a message about effects, actually. If you go through the tutorials listed here on the site you can do almost anything with After Effects.

I'd love to post some preview clips but I've got to stick it out until this is all finished. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait.
This weekend Kristen & I made a ghost.

Using Petevenkman_Jedi's tutorial we managed to make a pretty awesome spook for the movie. I'm really happy with our test footage of the ghost so far, but it certainly needs a little more work before the final render (primarily on wire-removal).

I've always been a big proponent for puppet ghosts rather than CGI-created ghouls. The sense a of tangible presence adds a lot to a capture scene, and the homey, shoestring and hotglue approach makes the ghost feel pretty relatable for fans. So far the only issue I'm having is the head articulation, but I think that'll be an easy fix.

Mark my words though- it doesn't look too cheap! Our goal was to make the ghost look as good as Pat's pack work and Jon's suit dyes (no easy task). I really would love to post a picture or two but I've sworn myself to keep spoilers down to a minimum (despite my excitement).

Also, the sound design for this project is complete. We've scoured the internet, gotten tips & favors from some generous guys on the boards (GhostGuy, for one) and have done everything we can to ensure we don't use the same sound effect twice. We've gotten the highest fidelty effects from the game and movies and have done some foley & ADR work this past week to make sure this sucker sounds as nice as it looks. Long story short, its coming together better than expected.

I'll see if we can't post a new still or two this week.
Hi once again everybody, here's the latest on Spilled Milk.

Next weekend we'll be shooting our final night for the movie, getting some pick-up shots of the Ecto as well as our opening scene on tape. Most of our effects editing has been finished and based on the response we've received from a few people I'd say we've done a pretty fantastic job with them. Our practicals-first-cg-second approach yielded us a pretty slick capture scene that I'm DESPERATE to share with everyone, but it'll be online soon enough.

Right now we're projecting a mid-August "release date" shortly before a private screening at Jon's and a public screening reveal at Flim Fest 2010 on August 22nd (those in the New England are should come and enjoy the festival!)

A trailer is also looking more and more likely for August 10th. We would have one up by now but we decided to wait until the SDCC rush passed and until after we had finished shooting so we would have a bigger pool of footage to cut from.

Alright, enough updates without new media. Thanks for sticking with this project and keep your eyes on this thread for future news.
I used to Direct Newscasts in Houston, and worked with folks in NYC at some major studios including some in 30 Rock, so I'm really excited to see what you pulled together from a production standpoint. The lighting and facial expressions in your screencaps suggests a very comfortable to watch indie short film! It looks much closer to pro stuff than a lot of amateur stuff out there.

I just love what has become accessible in the way of lighting, camera gear, and editing equipment over the last 15 years cost-wise. Wish I could be up there again to participate!

Can't wait to see what ya'll got put together! A couple of my favorite people in the world are in New Hampshire so the Granite State has a special place in my heart!

G

We finished shooting tonight!!!

Here's one candid shot from the shoot we took in between takes tonight. We'll have plenty of screen caps up later on today- we're very anxious to share them with everyone. Tonight's scene gave us a huge morale boost for the movie- a candle has been sufficiently lit under our collective asses and the results are guaranteed* to make you laugh.

Our trailer is coming sometime this week featuring a semi-famous voice actor which we're holding back on announcing just yet. Here's a hint: his latest release is taking forever. But perhaps I've said to much...
GAVAL wrote:I used to Direct Newscasts in Houston, and worked with folks in NYC at some major studios including some in 30 Rock, so I'm really excited to see what you pulled together from a production standpoint. The lighting and facial expressions in your screencaps suggests a very comfortable to watch indie short film! It looks much closer to pro stuff than a lot of amateur stuff out there.

I just love what has become accessible in the way of lighting, camera gear, and editing equipment over the last 15 years cost-wise. Wish I could be up there again to participate!

Can't wait to see what ya'll got put together! A couple of my favorite people in the world are in New Hampshire so the Granite State has a special place in my heart!

G
Thanks a lot man. Comments like this really raise my spirits. I hope we deliver on your expectations in spades.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]