Discuss storylines and progress on fan fiction and other works in progress and post links to your Fan Fiction here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Cyberkorr
I had this idea running around in my head of how I thought the next chapter in the Ghostbusters universe would be and I started writing down my thoughts. Well, these turned into a couple of pages of dialouge. This is only this first chapter of what I hope to be something a little bigger. Enjoy!

GHOSTBUSTERS 2014

The sun begins to rise over the island of Manhattan. The city begins to slowly wake from its slumber. The streets are beginning to stir when we hear the familiar whine of a siren. Looking down the street a blur of white and red rush past and down the street. The familiar white and red no ghost logo emblazoned on the read of the hearse as she rounds the corner out of site.

The Ecto1-a rolls down the street lights and sirens filling the otherwise quiet morning rolling up to the front of the New York public library. The doors open. Two older men slowly exit the vehicle dressed in khaki uniforms cover with dirt and the familiar tools of the trade. They move to the back of the vehicle and begin the process of donning their proton packs. The nametags read Stantz and Venkman.

Venkman groans as he slides into his pack. “I’m getting to old for this Ray. Is Egon sure about this?”

Ray turns his back to Venkman as he dons his pack. “Pete, when have you known Egon to be wrong?”

“But really, the librarian? We busted her years ago. “

Ray begins to climb the steps to the library entrance, “Well, we did, but you know she escaped when the containment grid blew. We assumed her spectral energy was absorbed by Gozer.“

Peter follows Ray up the steps. He huffs and puffs as they climb to the entrance. “Winston picked the right day to take a vacation.”

Ray looks back to Venkman, “Come on. Egon is waiting inside!”

The boys make it up to the library and find the main doors open. They step inside to find not a soul waiting. The smell of old books and paper fill the air. The silence and lack of patrons give the library an eerie feeling, more than usual. Peter and Ray take a few tentative steps into the library proper and crane their necks looking for Egon. He is nowhere in the vicinity.

Ray grabs the radio from his belt. “Egon… Come in Egon.. Where are you?”

The radio snaps to life and through the static, Egon’s voice is heard. “Ray, it’s about time. I’m in the basement. She’s here. It’s the librarian. She’s here!”

Ray looks at Venkman with a boyish look of surprise and wonder. “Were on our way! “ Ray begins to jog to the back of the library, “Come on Venkman, this way!”

Venkman looks to his feet and sighs, “Another free repeater. All right, let’s get this done.” He slowly walks though the library after Ray.

Ray with Peter in tow find the stairs to library basement and make their way downstairs. Ray pulls his PKE meter and dons his goggles. The meter springs to life emitting it’s worbling tones. The arms begin to raise as they follow the signal deeper into the bowels of the library. The temperature begins to drop as the meter’s arms raise fully.

Ray turns to Peter with a boyish smile, “She’s close”. Ray Looks over the PKE meter and gently shouts, “Egon, where are you?”

Another figure move around the corner in front of Ray. Ray is startled and reaches for his neutron wand.

“Whoa Ray, it’s me.” Egon’s glasses reflect in the light from the PKE Meter. “I don’t need my hair singed again.”

Ray slides his goggles off and looks sheepishly at Egon, “Sorry Spangs. Just a little jumpy.”

Egon raises an eye brow, “ A little jumpy? Nevermind, follow me. She’s here.” Egon turns and leads the boys into the maze of books.

“Egon, are you sure it’s the librarian? If it is, this isn’t good from a billing standpoint, let alone publicity..” Peter trails off as Egon shoots him an angry look.

“Peter, I’m sure. The spectral readings match those we took when we captured her the first time.” Egon turns back to his PKE meter. “Over here.” Egon hurriedly walks to the center of the basement area.

They enter a large circular are with tables and lecterns full of books. There is a slight cold breeze in the area. Amongst the books floats the ghostly figure of a woman with silver hair tied into a bun. She wears along torn dress in an almost Victorian style. She appears to be searching through the books on the tables. She is sobbing and whispering something unintelligible.

Peter looks over to Egon and Ray. They are both staring at her intently. Peter looks again at the librarian then come in close to the guys whispering, “ Okay, it’s her. What is she doing?”

Egon looks down at his PKE then slightly to Peter, “She’s looking for something.”

Peter rolls his eyes and smacks Egon on the back of the head. “Duh! But what is she looking for genius?”

Egon recoiling from the blow give his full attention to Peter, “I don’t know, but we need to find out and we also need to find out why she’s here again.”

“Well then. “ Peter turns to Ray, “Got get her Ray!”

Ray looks over to Egon and Peter through his googles. He swallows hard and proceeds out into the circle of books. After a few tentative steps, he pulls his googles over his head and begins to converse with the librarian. “Hello there. Don’t be alarmed, we won’t hurt you.”

The librarian turns to Ray and starts to transform, but stops short hearing his words. She returns to her matronly state. Looking down almost motherly to Ray, she shushes him and returns to her searching.

Peter, now getting a bit aggravated with the situation, reaches for his neutron wand and switches on his proton pack. The familiar hum vibrates from behind him. “Okay, I’ve had enough of this.” Peter begins to storm into the book circle.

Egon reaches for Peter’s arm and grabs ahold of him. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m doing what we do. It’s capture time.” Peter wrenches his arm from Egon and points his wand at the librarian. “Say good night Gracie!” With a bright flash, the orange purple ropey stream of neutrino energy bursts from Venkman’s wand, catching the librarian by surprise. The energy ropes around her, lassoing her. The librarian roars and transforms into her terrible tortured skeletal form.

Ray jumps back as the energy from Venkman’s wand flies past him. “Pete, what the hell??”

Peter, not really listening yells to Egon, “Get the trap ready, this bitch is coming with us.”

Egon, now furious with Venkman, “We can’t just trap her, we need to know what she was looking for!”

“Egon, do you really think she’s going to talk to us now?” Peter turns to Ray, “Roll it Ray, NOW!”

Ray, knowing that Peter can’t hold her much longer, and that he’s right, grabs his trap off his belt and rolls it out. Ray looks over to Egon who has looks at him with incredulity.

“Ray, you can’t do this! Not yet!”

“Egon, we don’t have a choice now.” Ray then steps on the trap pedal. The trap opens with a cone of white light.

Peter begins dragging the librarian into the trap’s capture cone. “Okay Ray, she’s almost there… She’s almost there…. NOW!”

As Ray hit the pedal, Egon rushes Peter, “Venkman, NO!”

Egon, grabs the neutrona wand and Peter’s aim drops to the open trap, as the neutron stream hits the trap, it begins to buzz and hiss, the trap is knocked on it’s side by the force of the beam, and then explodes in a flash of white light.

Moments later, Ray stirs from unconsciousness. He awaks to find himself laying under a stack of books. Shaking the cobwebs from his head, he starts to realize what happened. Peter hit the trap with the neutron stream. He’s lucky to be alive. As he starts to stir from the pile of books, he hears a steady beeping and slight electrical discharge. As Ray struggles to focus his vision, he sees the trap across the room. It’s singed and smoking, but it appears to be working. And it’s closed. The indicator telling him they have a ghost in the trap.

“Venkman, Egon, where are you guys?” As Ray stands up, he sees neither of his fellow Ghostbusters. He begins to quickly look around the room. “PETER?? EGON??” To his left, he sees a pile of books and a demolished lecturn begin to move. A gloved hand reaches from underneath. “Egon, is that you?”

“No, Ray, it’s me.” Peter slowly climbs from under the pile of books. “You okay?”

“I think I hurt my back when I was thrown, but, yeah, I’m okay. You?”

“Same here. Where’s Egon?” Peter looks around the smoking remains fo the library basement. “What happened?”

Ray looks over to the trap, “ I think when Egon grabbed your wand, the stream over charged the containment field. At least that’s what it looks like. The trap is still in one piece and it looks like we got the librarian.”

“Okay, good” Peter looks down to where Egon was standing a few moments before. Something on the floor catches his eye. He reaches down and pick up a twisted piece of metal. The look like glasses.

Ray looks at the remains of what looks like Egon’s glasses. “Oh no….. EGON!! EGON!!”

Ray begins to tear through the wreckage. Peter drops Egon’s glasses suddenly realizing what happened.

“Ray…”

Ray continues to rip through the stacks of smoldering books, calling out for Egon.

“RAY…”

Ray looks back at Peter, out of breath and heaving.

“Check it Ray”

Ray looks down at the trap sullenly. “I can’t Peter. I just can’t.”

Peter walks over to Ray and puts a hand on his shoulder. “Ray… You have to.”

Ray give a saddened look to Venkman and stumbles over to the trap. He pulls out his PKE meter and flips it on. The wings of the meter fully extend. Ray examines the readings and then turns it off. He looks over to Venkman with tears in his eyes. They’re in there.

Peter looks at Ray, confused. “They? What do you mean they?”

“Peter, the librarian, and Egon. They are in there. Trapped.” Ray holsters his meter and goes to pick up the trap.

Peter, stops Ray, “Well, just open it. Let them out.”

Ray, tears now streaming down his face, “Don’t you get it Pete, they are BOTH in there. Their spectral energy has mixed together. They’re not two separate entities. They are one now. There’s no way of separating the librarian from Egon.” Ray drops his head. “He’s gone Peter. There’s no way to get him back.” Ray slowly curls up the trap cord and walks back to the stairs, sobbing.

Peter watches Ray as he walks away from him then looks around the room sullenly. “What have I done?”
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]