Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By dsource
Hi everyone, Sydney local here.

After being a fan of the original since it came out I finally purchased an Anovos kit.
While cosplaying as Vinz Clortho previously this is my first real jump into something like this.

It's daunting and exciting at the same time. The electronics and clippard pieces have been ordered from here, the dremel is ready to go, I'm just not sure *where* to start.

I'd like to weather it so it doesn't look brand new, do you build it and weather as a complete pack or do it piece by piece?
How do you weather it? Is there a tutorial for that type of thing?
I've seen images of the grip on the gun with orange on them, looks amazing but once again I don't know how where to start.

I've been lurking for a while and looking for the answers in the forum, now it's time to get serious and down to business!
By Kingpin
Welcome aboard! :)

If it helps, break the Pack down into a to-do list: bits to get, sections to paint, areas to cut, etc, etc. Building the Golden Gate Bridge in one go is daunting, but starting by drawing the plans? That sets you on the path to getting it done. :)

It may be more effective to weather some parts of the Pack when the pieces are assembled, that way you can look for obvious areas where elements might rub together and chafe off the paint. Other pieces might benefit from weathering separately. It's down to the builder/painter's personal preference.

You'll probably find a couple of topics, or posts within topics if you search for "weathering", but it's worth using Google to search for "prop weathering" or "weathering techniques", which should give you some ideas and tips for how to make your Pack look more "lived in".

For the grips, you could spray-paint them brown/orange, then spray-paint them black, and then carefully rub away some of the paint with sandpaper or a course cloth to remove some of the top layer of black.
By dsource
Thanks Kingpin, this is great advice and exactly the kind of direction I was looking for.

Looking forward to starting over the Christmas break!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]