Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By JoeDude
Hi Gang,

I never thought I’d join because I have zero prop building skills compared to most of you guys. Some of the stuff I’ve read here is just incredible. I’ve been a ‘Busters fan ever since I saw the first film in the theater. Now I’m a proud father of two kids who LOVE Ghostbusters. In fact, my son wants to be a Ghostbuster for Halloween again this year (the daughter wants to be Indiana Jones which is just as cool in my book). I’ve decided to go all out and mod the deluxe Spirit pack and make a pretty accurate uniform for him. This has led to a lot of reading on this forum lol. I’m hoping it’s the costume he remembers all his life.

I want to thank Spongefacemcgee for his great mods as well as the instructions he provides (I hope that’s okay here). Modding the Spirit pack was so much fun that it has me thinking about making my own. I don’t know if I have the skills necessary to do that, but I can tell from my limited experience that it would be a very rewarding accomplishment.

Thanks for the great site and all the contributions you guys make!

Best Regards,

Joe
By jreverhart
JoeDude wrote: September 12th, 2018, 6:19 am Hi Gang,

I never thought I’d join because I have zero prop building skills compared to most of you guys. Some of the stuff I’ve read here is just incredible. I’ve been a ‘Busters fan ever since I saw the first film in the theater. Now I’m a proud father of two kids who LOVE Ghostbusters. In fact, my son wants to be a Ghostbuster for Halloween again this year (the daughter wants to be Indiana Jones which is just as cool in my book). I’ve decided to go all out and mod the deluxe Spirit pack and make a pretty accurate uniform for him. This has led to a lot of reading on this forum lol. I’m hoping it’s the costume he remembers all his life.

I want to thank Spongefacemcgee for his great mods as well as the instructions he provides (I hope that’s okay here). Modding the Spirit pack was so much fun that it has me thinking about making my own. I don’t know if I have the skills necessary to do that, but I can tell from my limited experience that it would be a very rewarding accomplishment.

Thanks for the great site and all the contributions you guys make!

Best Regards,

Joe
Hey Joe!
I am almost complete with my 1st pack build, i started in January and now I am waiting on just a few special order knobs from the shop to finish it up.
I have no experience with this stuff lol like at all, but the resources on here are amazing and every step I was able to find some assistance from the community here, and now I find that I am providing advise to others who are working on builds as well. Its an investment of time and money for sure, but when its done its totally worth the effort!

I can assure you that any issue you run into someone on here has ran into it before and has a solution. and once you get going its not to overwhelming.

I hope you decide to do the build! and when you decide to go for it, because you totally will lol I recommend getting as much as possible from the shop here. I had a buddy print 3d parts for almost everything and honestly.... nothing really worked so I ended up getting most of it on here.

Anyhoo good talk!
Christof liked this
By JoeDude
Thanks for the welcome guys. Big congrats jreverhart for almost being done with your first proton pack. That’s pretty impressive and I really appreciate the encouragement. I’m pretty sure you’re right, I have the itch to give it a try but I don’t even know where to start. I’d definitely order parts from gbfans as this community really knows it’s stuff and I’d appreciate any advice you could offer. My build might very well be a complete disaster, but that’s probably how it should be when attempting to build an unlicensed nuclear accelerator!
By jreverhart
JoeDude wrote: September 14th, 2018, 4:37 am Thanks for the welcome guys. Big congrats jreverhart for almost being done with your first proton pack. That’s pretty impressive and I really appreciate the encouragement. I’m pretty sure you’re right, I have the itch to give it a try but I don’t even know where to start. I’d definitely order parts from gbfans as this community really knows it’s stuff and I’d appreciate any advice you could offer. My build might very well be a complete disaster, but that’s probably how it should be when attempting to build an unlicensed nuclear accelerator!
Thank you! Once its done I'll post a thread with pictures.

anyhoo where to start..... I started by just ordering small parts and connectors just to confirm my commitment to the project. But really A Motherboard and Shell are the 1st things needed. from there its just piece by piece.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]