Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
Hello, my name is Dan Doherty. I've been a Ghostbusters fan for 30 years of my life. (AND, as of this writing, a Ghostbusters Cosplayer for nearly a full year)

My introduction to the world of Ghostbusters came from The Real Ghostbusters television series. I can't remember what channel the syndicated episodes aired on in Massachusetts (I wish I knew how to look that up) but I do know that "Slimer! and The Real Ghostbusters" aired Saturday mornings on WCVB Channel 5 (Boston).

Seeing the original 1984 movie was a little jarring for me at the time. (I was four) I was actually disappointed that the characters in the Live-Action movie bore little to no resemblance to their animated counterparts. But, after a couple of viewings, I got used to the differences, and Ghostbusters eventually became my #1 Favorite Movie of All-Time.

Ghostbusters was my first real fandom, it was my "Star Wars." Kenner's Real Ghostbusters toy line is where my lifelong obsession with collecting action figures began.

Even after The Real Ghostbusters had ended it's original run, and the toys dried up, I remained a die-hard fan.

Oh, there were some dry spells, where I did lose interest from time to time. (Most notably in fourth grade, when I REALLY got into the Marvel Universe, and especially with a certain red and blue friendly neighborhood web-spinner, who would become my favorite comic book character. But, that's another story...)

But sooner, or later, I would always come back to Ghostbusters.

As I got older, I began to appreciate the movies and the cartoon more and more, as jokes and references that went over my head as a kid, started clicking with me as an adult.

In the early 2000s, while in High School, I got the idea in my head that I wanted to own a movie accurate GB uniform and pack. It was a neat idea, but I always thought it was just me that wanted to do that...

Cut to 2005, while looking up Ghostbusters stuff at my college library, and I discovered that its WASN'T just me, there were countless GB Fans who had taken it upon themselves to make their own gear, and cosplay as Ghostbusters.

It was very inspiring... And daunting at the same time. How was I going to make a GB1 flightsuit, let alone build a Proton Pack?

Being a *bit* of a procrastinator, I kept putting off making a GB costume for myself. It wasn't until last year, when I finally put my foot down, and made it a point to have a "proper" Ghostbusters flightsuit for Halloween.

I ordered all the pieces I needed to put together a GB1 uniform, but it was incredibly nervewrecking because everything had come in within a week, or two... Except for the flightsuit.

The flightsuit took a full month to arrive, and at that point, Halloween was less than two weeks away!

With the help of a couple of really good friends, my suit was completed a day before I would "premiere" it at that year's Halloween Comicfest.

Since then, I've been working on various updates to my Ghostbusters gear, and I hope to be suiting up again real soon.
NickFame13 liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]