Having built pretty much everything else in the GB equipment and not having the money to throw at another proton pack for our new member, we decided to build a slimeblower. Our hope is to have it finished by the time Ohio Comic Con rolls around.

We plan on using Slimer 7's plans and some of the collaborative plans as well as ideas from the build threads here at GBF. But I have a few questions.

1) How long is the main body of the gun? And with the blower cone?
2) We're planning using a 10 in concrete tube for the main tank. Now some builds I've seen use an 8in tube and the plans either call for 11in or 9 in. Should a 10in tube suffice as since it's right in the middle in terms of size of what the plans call for?
Or is the 8in tube more readily available?

We have enough raw materials to get started this weekend. To minimize weight, we're using cardboard shipper tubes for the side tanks. We plan to mask the spiral wrapping on the tube by using a silver hammered metal paint covered by green and clear coat. Now we realize it wont be 100% accurate that way but will give the side tanks some realistic texture.

Hopefully we'll get some build pics up this weekend.
Last edited by DarkSpectre on August 30th, 2012, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well, progress has been steady on the blower. One thing I've noticed is this thing take a hell of lot more paint than a pack.

For the side tanks we opted for 4 in cardboard shipper tubes. I capped them with styrofoam balls.

I mod podged the styrofoam to seal it then in covered the dome with wood filler.
I also filled in the seam on the tube. For mounting, ran a 1/2 in x 1.5 in wood dowel to create a "spine" for screws to catch.

I then mod podged the cardboard to seal it and hit it with primer. My sanding wasn't as good as I would've liked but I kinda like the pock marks. They make the tank look used and dinged up.

PAINTED. Gotta love 97 cent spray paint!

I opted for something different for the Mobo. I realize now that theres not actually a motherboard for the blower but I was already too far in to go back. The texture of the wood I used in combination with the silver give the mobo an almost sheet metal look.

The center tank. 8 inch wide concrete form tube and 2 cheap plastic bowls. Unfortunate downside to living in a small town, the nearest big box hardware store is a good 45 mins away. So I took a little artisitc liberty. I used hot glue to "weld" the caps to the main tube. I'm ok with that look. It makes it look more home brew anyway, plus this is my first foray into the slimeblower and i'm learning as I go. I'm planning on hitting the tank with gloss clear coat to give it that shiny metal look.

Hope to have the tanks and alice frame attached to the mobo this weekend and possibly have the gun started.

More to come.
Some more progess pics. We hope to have the lights installed next week.

Not a correct heat sink, but I'm on a pretty tight budget for this.

Both heatsinks mounted. Again not accurate but gets the point across.

Robbie "modeling" the gun

The Gun is coming along nicely

Ball tank installed. Starting to take shape.

We have power! We're actually changing this to light up with the other lights instead of independently

The Lights are made from PVC elbows trimmed down and the top of a flashlight

Man, the hazard tape makes a huge difference!
Awesome!

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]