By skeg_man
Looks good mate. Did you paint the tank kit an OD green?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By vbvabuster
skeg_man wrote:Looks good mate. Did you paint the tank kit an OD green?

No, it comes in that color. All you have to do is cut the parts out and glue :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By vbvabuster
nick-a-tron wrote:Looks good! Will you be adding the other side of the tank barrel?
Yes, I haven't glued anything down yet. Im waiting till I make a decision on either buying a light kit or doing the lights myself.

By FunkPunkTwang
vbvabuster wrote:
nick-a-tron wrote:Looks good! Will you be adding the other side of the tank barrel?
Yes, I haven't glued anything down yet. Im waiting till I make a decision on either buying a light kit or doing the lights myself.

I have Crix's kit and it is absolutely amazing
By c05ta
Relatively easy to install too, nut I would recommend installing the lights as you build, its not impossible to do after but why do things twice if you don't have to.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By vbvabuster
Does Crix provide a template for drilling the power cell lights? I'd be afraid of ruining the project box.

By c05ta
I don't think anyone does.
But it could be made with a piece of thick paper and a hole punch.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Tyrael
irricanian wrote:It's tricky to drill without the bit wandering on you, I recommend using the template like suggested but use a smaller bit first then move up to the size you need to finish, less likely to drift with a smaller bit or if you can using a drill press helps too.
^ This. If you take lots of careful measurements and use a pencil or similar small-edge marking tool to mark where the center of each LED goes, you can use a small (~1/16" or similar) drill bit or pin vise to make a starter hole for each LED, then progressively work your way up to the diameter of the LEDs themselves for each hole. Be sure to drill carefully; too slow and the bit will bite too much into the plastic and cause the box to spin with the bit, too fast and you'll screw up the hole.
By skeg_man
Ive made a template on the computer for the crix set i got. The holes dont all run in a straight line with perfect gaps. It lines up perfect with my kit. I assume all the LEDs might be different between kits no doubt?? either way i dont mind posting up a pdf or hi res jpeg???

By gEkX
In all honesty.. I want to say the screen used ones were far from perfect.

So no worries if you do "mess up" It's all how strait do you want it.

I thinking a drill press may be in order if you want it 100% straight.

Even with a template I find the drill will "stray" on me like Colin said
By vbvabuster
ProtonCharger wrote:it strayed on the screen used packs. dont sweat it.
Yeah, It' s really noticeable how uneven they are in the back shot when their in Libby's head. At the moment lights are a secondary concern. Most of my time is being devoted to trying to figure out what to use for the tops of the tanks, I'll be going the pvc route.

By Tyrael
I suggest looking for plastic DIY Christmas ornaments. I found a set of 4" diameter ones on eBay for under $10. 5" for the shorter tank are harder to find, but if you check Mandoman's slime blower build, he's got a link for a store that sells a variety of them (I'm using the 9" ones cut down a bit with an 8" diameter PVC pipe for the main tank; might want to get some fiberglass resin and sheets for them, though; they're really thin plastic).
By vbvabuster
Im going to order the main tank from the site Mandoman linked up. I didn't think of using ornaments for the small tanks, thanks for suggestion! I bought 5 of them after Christmas as spares for making the red sphere.

By Tyrael
vbvabuster wrote:While filling my car up at the gas station today I noticed that the plastic post covers by the pumps would make perfect tanks for the slimeblower. When I got home I did some checking and found this site:

http://www.cisco-eagle.com/catalog/p-15 ... -post.aspx

This looks like it could work for the main tank.

Wow, those look perfect! Price is a bit prohibitive, though... :-/
By vbvabuster
Tyrael wrote:Wow, those look perfect! Price is a bit prohibitive, though... :-/
Yeah, but if your not super concerned about accuracy I found some sellers on ebay selling the 7 and 6 inch diameter for around $40-$50.
By vbvabuster
After doing some searching around I found a seller on ebay that was selling 9inch plastic post covers, Picked it up for $50. It's sturdy and doesn't weigh a thing, I'm sure that can change once it's on my back.

By MandoMan
Nice find man!! Have you done any painting on it yet? I've always been kinda wary of the plastic used for those things, like if they'll even take paint well. If it does, that will pretty much be perfect!
By vbvabuster
MandoMan wrote:Nice find man!! Have you done any painting on it yet? I've always been kinda wary of the plastic used for those things, like if they'll even take paint well. If it does, that will pretty much be perfect!
Not yet, I'll do a test with some primer tomorrow morning and post pics. I still have to cut it to length and find another dome. But after that it's on to the smaller tanks.

By Tyrael
One thing that may work is vinyl dye from your local auto hobby shop. I use the same stuff to restore color to old yellowed LEGOs.

Sent from my last remaining link to civilization
By irricanian
You may find that plastic material will not hold paint easily, it sometimes excretes an oily film which is to protect it from UV rays since they are used outside and are exposed to the weather 24/7. But there may be a process you can use to get good adhesion.

Might want to try a small test piece first or even take it to an automotive paint shop for suggestions.
By vbvabuster
Well, I did a primer test. I used krylon gray plastic primer fist.
It came out well and it dried without any hassles. The only problem is that there is a pin hole pattern to the plastic.
Im going to the auto parts store tomorrow to see if I can find a primer with a filler. Luckily this isn't a priority project. At the moment I'm preoccupied with my new pack build.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]