By Catch22!
Have found a lot of great information for the slime blower I am helping Belldandy build. We are down to the last few items. The vest is one that I still don't have a good picture of. I see one example and also pictures of what others have done for the vest plates. Anyone have dimensions for the plates?

Anyone have good pictures of the vest. The shoulders appear to have a separate "wing like" padding in some of the screen shots.
By Slimer7
The chest plates are roughly 4"x6" with slots cut out to allow for the straps to feed through. I used 1/4" plywood when I made mine.
By renny310
I have thought about maybe modifying football pads....
By Zack
renny310 wrote:I have thought about maybe modifying football pads....

working with stage shows helped me with mine. The above pads were used for a costume in one of the shows where I worked. I took it and put foam and fabric over it...

not screen accurate by any means but I'm pleased with how they turned out...

By belldandy4087
Catch22 and i agree those look absolutely awesome! Great Job
By gEkX
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Seems like the best place to put this:

http://www.amazon.com/Markwort-Adult-GR ... d_sbs_sg_6

Look at the Velcro spots on the front of those pads, then look at the screen used ones..

I think I'm getting close.
By mburkit
I bought a pair of the Markwort Gridiron pads.

I would have to agree with gEKK, I feel these are most likely what they used for the shoulder pads on the slimeblowers.

Here's a shot of just the padding.

Looks about right, or at least its in the right direction. I'm wondering if they used the extra padding from the shoulder flaps or something on the shoulders of the prop, because there seems to be more padding then what I have.
gEkX liked this
By Sallah
Resurrecting this old thread as it is the only Slim Blower vest one I can find...

So is the Markwort Gridiron pad the best bet for getting a fairly accurate vest or is there a cheaper alternative now (since this thread is fairly old)? And are there chest plates available anywhere online?

Thanks!
-James
By belldandy4087
I made this vest my self the plate is made out of a cutting board. I havent seen anything available online. Sorry

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]