By Kingpin

Ghostbusters: Afterlife may still be a quarter of the year away from cinematic release, but the merchandise machine has already kicked off for this weekend's New York Toy Fair, and the first wave of Hasbro's toys which'll be released to coincide with Ghostbusters: Afterlife are destined to leave fans with a strong sense of nostalgia and déjà vu:

Proton Pack -Proton Pack backpack with straps and fittings to accommodate P.K.E. Meter, Ghost Whistle and Proton Blaster accessories. $14.99

Proton Blaster - Proton Pack backpack with straps (Proton Blaster sold separately) $14.99

Ghost Blaster M.O.D. - Consisting of a light and sound version of the standard Proton Blaster, this toy comes with "Blast 'n' Trap" fitting, which will allow the user to "trap" a Ghost, and a "Plasma Stream" fitting, with a more powerful proton stream. Both fittings can be combined, or attached on three separate connection points on the Ghost Blaster. $29.99

P.K.E. Meter - Featuring lights and sound, the P.K.E. Meter is activated by pressing the red button, which raises the detection wings, and the built-in electronic features are activated by moving the meter. $14.99

Ghost Whistle - Featuring over 20 sound effects, including those inspired by Slimer, Stay Puft, the Terror Dogs, and the Muncher, the Ghost Whistle is activated by blowing air through the mouthpiece. $14.99

Visit the topic to view for a better look at the product photos.
Coover5 liked this
By AlTheRelic
The concept of RGB movie props is cool, I appreciate that they're in existence for me to look at, they probably will be enjoyed by kids who's parents are Ghostbusters fans but they are an easy pass for me, same with the Gushers, they've got a cool late 80's to early 90's aesthetic to them, I appreciate they are in existence for me to look at but also an easy pass for me. The Ecto-1 I would purchase with the added stipulation of only if we'll have action figures of the original Ghostbusters which I would think we'll get but who knows.
Well..hard to say but this... “inspired by”

GHOSTBUSTERS GHOST WHISTLE
(Ages 5 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $14.99 / Available: Summer 2020)
Who you gonna scare off? All the ghosts around, with the new GHOSTBUSTERS Ghost Whistle roleplay item, inspired by the new GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife movie! Featuring over 20 spooky and hilarious sounds, kids will have ghosts flying for the hills. By using the dial to select the classification of ghost to scare off, kids can blow into the accessory to activate the ghost-repelling call! Available at most major retailers nationwide.
GBfan_CH liked this
By 910dohead
hutto wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 2:10 pm If you're a Pulse Premium member, you get first dibs on the Spengler wand, until 4pm. I grabbed two.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostb ... trona-wand
I just got everything through BBTS. I don't mind paying extra just to not have to go through all of that extra Pulse bullshit. The six figure Plasma assortment came to $150 with tax and shipping.
By 910dohead
According to the presentation, they were supposed to be on walmart.com at 4pm est. So far, they have not appeared on the website. However, they are all up on Zaavi for preorder, which I have never heard of (I guess its a UK based store and the prices are higher than the US). I don't think I am allowed to link them. Personally, I am waiting for Walmart to get their act together.
By GBfan_CH
910dohead wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 3:27 pm According to the presentation, they were supposed to be on walmart.com at 4pm est. So far, they have not appeared on the website. However, they are all up on Zaavi for preorder, which I have never heard of (I guess its a UK based store and the prices are higher than the US). I don't think I am allowed to link them. Personally, I am waiting for Walmart to get their act together.

That’s Zavvi.

https://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?s ... ostbusters.

£16.99 a figure. Might not buy two of each after all!!!!

Also hello nurse, is that a £99 proton gun replica as well???
By Kingpin
910dohead wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 3:27 pmHowever, they are all up on Zaavi for preorder, which I have never heard of (I guess its a UK based store and the prices are higher than the US). I don't think I am allowed to link them.
No, you're good to link to them.

Zavvi is the reformed U.K. arm of Virgin Megastores, after the Megastores went belly-up around 2007.

U.K. arm of Virgin Megastores evolved into after it went belly-up. For a while Zavvi existed in physical stores formally occupied by Virgin, before it became an online-only retailer.
GBfan_CH wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 4:26 pm£16.99 a figure. Might not buy two of each after all!!!!
Ouch. Nostalgia definitely isn't cheap. :(
GBfan_CH wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 4:26 pmAlso hello nurse, is that a £99 proton gun replica as well???
Just remember it's practically identical to the MattyCollector Thrower.
Walmart currently has their thumbs up their butts. The Plasma series has gone live but is not searchable.

Here are the links:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ghostbusters ... /915439033
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ghostbusters ... /965400266
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ghostbusters ... /715695390
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ghostbusters ... /865517872
No Zuul or Gozer.

The parking page for Hasbro NYTF products on walmart's site have all the classic Kenner figures listed except Venkman and are also not live yet. They've been this way for hours. I know because I have been on their site all morning.
thanks for posting that but I just looked for that myself as an independent search and I could not find it
I will keep looking
if you see that the keener ones come up please post, much appreciated
wpugh24 wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 5:37 pm thanks for posting that but I just looked for that myself as an independent search and I could not find it
I will keep looking
if you see that the keener ones come up please post, much appreciated
Yeah, I just mentioned that they are not searchable. The links are there and you can pre-order them but they will not come up in a search. One of the main reasons why Walmart sucks for exclusives.
Coover5 wrote: February 26th, 2020, 1:09 pm If I recall correctly that Afterlife Ecto has already been priced for $30. But I can't seem to find prices for the Fright Feature figures. Do we know what the price is for those?

All information comes directly from Hasbro's newsroom, which is located here: https://newsroom.hasbro.com/media-library. Yes, the classic Ecto-1 is planned but wasn't shown at NYTF. Not sure if that's the original Kenner one or something new? What they did show us was the Ecto-1 Playset that is for their Fright Features line.
Coover5, deadderek liked this
I love the classic RGB blue to the toys and despite not having the yellow host connector between wand and pack (I'm sure for those of us that get them for our kids...which is who those are made for btw ;) can mod them and add a hose) I think these really speak to a lot of us who had the RGB blue pack, trap, meter and such. Obviously done for that nostalgia which from most of our posts here...worked. But for those who can't wait to outfit their kids in these It's a very fun time to be a GB and an GB parent
I thought if they ever announced a Kenner Ecto-1 rerelease I'd lose interest in this Afterlife one but I'm actually excited to have a "movie accurate" car to go along with the RGB stylized car now.

It also helps me embrace the Kenner Ecto-1a. I always felt it was stuck in the middle with it being a movie car designed in the cartoon style so you never really knew where to place it. Now that we have a definite movie edition of the car it firmly puts the Ecto-1a in the camp of the Real Ghostbusters for me.

In my headcanon the Kenner Ecto-1a was the result of hiring Venkman's dad to keep him out of trouble. He thought it would be a great sales gimmick. And that's why it's just a "sticker swap" of the original car. It was all flash.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]