It's only been 15 hours since Entertainment Weekly revealed Jason Reitman would be directing the third film in the original Ghostbusters trilogy, and they've dropped another scoop in the subsequent time, the first teaser for the new project - which can be viewed via the original article: LINK
Alphagaia, Glenn Frederick, Sav C and 3 others liked this
PositronCollider wrote: January 16th, 2019, 12:51 pm I've watched this teaser five times already, and it gives me chills everytime! I can't wait!
Oh, man...so much.

Me: "Oh, they released a "teaser" huh? Ill give it a watch, but Im not going to be one of those obsessive fan boys that picks every second apart."
Me after watching: *Watches 10 more times and obsesses about every detail*

...yeah....
metallijosh wrote: January 16th, 2019, 9:24 pm The logo on Ecto looks off to me.
Well at least it's obviously slightly oversized, i'd say.

But nontheless this might be "a new hope" (sorry - i couldn't avoid this crossing wink) to all the ghostheads who remained unsatisfied or disappointed (including me) with the 2016's reboot. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Greetzings
The handful of times I've watched the teaser make me hope it was actually directed by people involved with the actual film. The long tracking shot, leaves blowing around, the SOUNDS - everything about the tone is perfect.

It reminds me of shots in the openings of both Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II.
NotSabbat liked this
I admit that it's a neat teaser, and if they're talking Summer 2020 it would suggest things have move pretty far along under the radar.

But as is my way, I realize, I'm not really going to get very excited until it's practically here. I was skeptical about 2016 too until the promo photos of the flight suits and equipment started to come out.

I hope it's good, but simply cannot summon any expectation good or bad yet.
Fritz wrote: January 17th, 2019, 7:34 am I admit that it's a neat teaser, and if they're talking Summer 2020 it would suggest things have move pretty far along under the radar.

But as is my way, I realize, I'm not really going to get very excited until it's practically here. I was skeptical about 2016 too until the promo photos of the flight suits and equipment started to come out.

I hope it's good, but simply cannot summon any expectation good or bad yet.
You know what's funny about that? Rush production schedules are a Ghostbusters tradition(Gb16 not included).

The first one was greenlit, without a finished script, in May '83. Start shooting in late October for a June release. And this was BEFORE computers. Everything had to be built and done by hand. Plus on the first film every FX vendor was booked so the producers had to get Richard Edlund to start up his own FX studio, BOSS films. All that had to be done in under a year. And it worked.

The second one is even more impressive. Shooting didn't start until November '88 and they were still shooting footage that needed FX work in April '89 for a June 16th release. ILM had to put their foot down and not take anymore FX shots.

So if this movie follows suit, Jason is just following in his father's footsteps. The first two Ghostbusters films are benchmarks for rushed schedule on big budget FX flicks. Usually there is two plus years of prep, months of pre production. The first film is a damn miracle that it came together the way it did.
Sav C liked this
metallijosh wrote: January 16th, 2019, 9:24 pm The logo on Ecto looks off to me.
It looks about normal size for the logo on the car:

- Not only that, but the visible mis-alignment of the red and black sections of the logo indicates that's the decal in-place on the car, rather than something that's been digitally modded.
Namssorg wrote: January 17th, 2019, 7:29 am The handful of times I've watched the teaser make me hope it was actually directed by people involved with the actual film. The long tracking shot, leaves blowing around, the SOUNDS - everything about the tone is perfect.

It reminds me of shots in the openings of both Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II.
I think the updated EW article indicated that Jason directed the teaser trailer.
Kingpin wrote: January 17th, 2019, 11:08 am
It looks about normal size for the logo on the car:

- Not only that, but the visible mis-alignment of the red and black sections of the logo indicates that's the decal in-place on the car, rather than something that's been digitally modded.

Well, call me a nitpicker or worse, but i'm pretty conviced that at least the no-ghost-logo on the rear/backdoor was actually a bit smaller in the movie/on screen, than what they did with the restoration. So it's correct of course as far as it's on the actual car right NOW, but back then in the original movie it was a bit smaller... that's why i could agree with anybody feeling it's looking slightly off.
No offense though - this dosen't make the teaser less promising!
Theoderic wrote: January 17th, 2019, 3:31 pm
Well, call me a nitpicker or worse, but i'm pretty conviced that at least the no-ghost-logo on the rear/backdoor was actually a bit smaller in the movie/on screen, than what they did with the restoration. So it's correct of course as far as it's on the actual car right NOW, but back then in the original movie it was a bit smaller... that's why i could agree with anybody feeling it's looking slightly off.
No offense though - this dosen't make the teaser less promising!
This.

I feel like it was smaller in the movie:
same here! dusting off the profile..out of the woodwork.

forget about the damn logo on the car...Ghostbusters 3 (or at least thats what we assume it is ) is coming. enjoy it. :-P

im still in shock by the teaser, is this real life? i feel like i found the arc and dont know where to go from here. haha.

here's to hoping its all up hill from here. cant wait to see what awaits us in the coming year.

"the ghostbusters are back and all brand new, c'mon!"
Last edited by BatDan on January 17th, 2019, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metallijosh wrote: January 17th, 2019, 6:20 pmI feel like it was smaller in the movie:
Smaller, and correctly rotated (the weird rotating thing that was common on the merchandise packaging was bad enough, I hadn't realised they'd done it to Ecto-1's replacement rear door decal until just now).
Sav C, robbritton liked this
This is what we shoud've got in 2016 instead of the reboot. A lot of people that aren't ghostbusters fans who just see the teaser probably thinks its just a followup to that movie instead. I tried to like that movie but it was off on so many levels. summer 2020 can't get here soon enough!
deadderek liked this
The 2016 movie wasnt a super bust.... people dont understand that if we would have supported in more, we may have received a more ghostcorp franchise. Multiple movies base on different locations could have produced more ghostsbuster vehicles, ghostbuster tech, a broader thought process in general. GB2 started the broader outlook.... but people abandoned it due too GB reboot.
Kitchenwarehelmet liked this
metallijosh wrote: January 17th, 2019, 6:20 pm This.

I feel like it was smaller in the movie:

It was; i've just thrown a quick&dirty montage to point this out for those interested:

But since this is of course an restoration-car-issue, not an actual flaw or turndown of the teaser, it would be better discussed in a seperate ecto restoration-rant thread i quess :wink: ... is the one already out there by the way?

<goes duck 'n cover>
Maybe the logo is bigger now because they took off the GB2 logos and put new larger ones on?...while I don't expect them to count it, it had the original logo again in the video game which was after GB2...That's my canon and I'm sticking with it :)
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: January 18th, 2019, 6:16 am Maybe the logo is bigger now because they took off the GB2 logos and put new larger ones on?...while I don't expect them to count it, it had the original logo again in the video game which was after GB2...That's my canon and I'm sticking with it :)

Wouldn't think so, 'cause afaik ecto-1a is still physically another car, so the was no reason for the gb-2 logo to be attached to the ecto-1, which was running around at the beginning of GB2 with it's original logos still on (plus the sirene-cover upside-down 'n stuff...but that's another story :wink: )
I know the 1A is a different car...production wise however because in the universe of the film the car is supposed to be the same...the logos would have been changed. Story wise the cars are the same. They're not gonna use the original car from GB1 because it sits on the soy lot and doesn't run too well now anyway which is why a fan car was used for the Wal-Mart commercial. Why the logo is bigger then it was on the original car I don't know production wise, story wise I'm just pretending because they put new decals on it.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: January 19th, 2019, 7:48 amThey're not gonna use the original car from GB1 because it sits on the soy lot and doesn't run too well now anyway which is why a fan car was used for the Wal-Mart commercial.
The Wal-Mart commercial is one thing, as they needed it to drive from place to place, but given this one's stationary, it easily could be the Ecto-1 from the first movie.

Production wise, the logo could be bigger because the people footing the bill wanted it bigger... Or somebody made a mistake when they were scaling it to print.
Sav C liked this
Granted, 59 Cadillac Ambulances are HARD to find, but that sort of thing has Never stopped a studio from making more than one vehicle before. :P Or repairing/re-fitting something that needs it.
Seriously, the (1984)Ecto-1 is just as important as the Cast, Packs & Logo itself when the movie is mashed together... In a hopeful 2020 masterpiece.
Sav C liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]