Lights are possible. I'm doing that now.
You could add a motherboard and some kind of alice-style frame to hold a speaker and battery.
This is roughly 80% scale. I recently made an 80% scale pack and this looks very close to that.
njmar liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

LandoSystem wrote:Lights are possible. I'm doing that now.
You could add a motherboard and some kind of alice-style frame to hold a speaker and battery.
This is roughly 80% scale. I recently made an 80% scale pack and this looks very close to that.
Mine arrived today. Small but should be great on my three year old. Any ideas on lights? I found this but seems a little small for the cyclotron https://www.amazon.com/LED-Clip-Blinky- ... l_huc_item and this looks a little large. Thanks for any suggestions!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

njmar wrote:
Mine arrived today. Small but should be great on my three year old. Any ideas on lights? I found this but seems a little small for the cyclotron https://www.amazon.com/LED-Clip-Blinky- ... l_huc_item and this looks a little large. Thanks for any suggestions!
The light bit itself might be on the small side, but you might be able to fix it in place with a layer of coloured acrylic.

njmar wrote:
Since the pack is so squishy and flexible, I'm a little afraid that things like lenses will have a habit of popping out when it's worn.
I put some hot glue where the cyclotron lights are to act as a diffuser and it has kind of worked. It's not as smooth and even as a lens but it looks alright. Once I find a way to tint them red I'll post some pics.
MonaLS liked this
I've been cutting out the foam from the back and using dollar store food storage containers to fill the void and hold the lights, speaker, and etc. I did make a mother board for it and chose to keep the hooks built into the pack as an attachment point to the motherboard.
Can someone post pics of what they've been doing to modify this pack? I bought one and am currently taking some measurements to make more decals for it and am debating (since I lack the electrical knowledge needed) on whether or not I want to cut this apart and start trying to light it or if I should just be happy with reflective vinyl.
I took pictures and measurements and scaled down the decals you can find on this site and printed it them out. I work at a sign company so I have access to vinyl plotters and printers. The ribbon cable is a banner I printed on both sides and the areas where there should be lights I used reflective vinyl so it will glow when hit with a camera flash, I did the same for the gun barrel and the top vents. I also just bought some straps for an alice pack and replaced the crabby ones it came with.
MonaLS liked this
That work looks amazing. Thanks for sharing that pic with us. I have a full size scale pack I made years ago which looks amazing but with back problems stemming from a broken back 2 years ago I don't see wearing it any time soon. I did order one of these with the hope of going out this Halloween and now seeing the work that can be done, a nice hero pack will be a great addition. After all, weren't the hero packs in the movies made of foam? I'm sure they were closer to scale, but still ..
TheWug102 wrote:I took pictures and measurements and scaled down the decals you can find on this site and printed it them out. I work at a sign company so I have access to vinyl plotters and printers. The ribbon cable is a banner I printed on both sides and the areas where there should be lights I used reflective vinyl so it will glow when hit with a camera flash, I did the same for the gun barrel and the top vents. I also just bought some straps for an alice pack and replaced the crabby ones it came with.
That looks great! Could you post a pic of the back where you mounted the new ALICE straps? Thanks!
LandoSystem wrote:Here's mine.
The color printer at Office Max is broken but once it's fixed I'll add labels.
There are Alice shoulder straps but they aren't visible here.
ImageImage
Very nice! how did you add the lights to the pack?

I had to go with the reflective tape option:

Straps are unimpressive, similar to the kenner rgb packa from the 80s. Would have loved this as a kid.
I had low expectations. Looks pretty good and doesnt take much to improve it. Its small but super light. If i had to pick a pack to where for several hours at party with people bumping into me all the time.. Id pick this one
GabOchoa wrote:
LandoSystem wrote:Here's mine.
The color printer at Office Max is broken but once it's fixed I'll add labels.
There are Alice shoulder straps but they aren't visible here.
ImageImage
Very nice! how did you add the lights to the pack?

I had to go with the reflective tape option:

Reflective tape is a good option, especially for the power cell. It's hard to cut it straight and my light kit didn't fit.
The pack lights are extra Heavy Props lights with a 9volt. I just punched a hole through the foam and fed the lights through.
The cyclotron lenses are hot glue tinted with a red sharpie.
The wand is hollow so you can cut it open. The lights are static and home made.
Ecto-1 fan liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]