Ghostheads takes an unprecedented and detailed look at some of the real life, hardcore fans in our community. It follows and tells the stories of a half dozen fans as they make fulfill childhood dreams, make pilgrimages to film locations, meet cast members and form lasting friendships through the common thread that binds them together: Ghostbusters. While watching Ghostheads, I felt a strong personal nostalgia for events that occurred in the Ghostbusters fan community, a unique experience for me and my friends as we had actually taken part in or witnessed the events being portrayed; something I've never experienced while watching a documentary before. The movie is very uplifting and brutally sincere at times and features amazing interviews with Ghostbusters cast members, producers and extras. It is well composed with interviews, clips from the movies, animations and day in the life footage of the featured Ghostheads.

The movie is not without a dark side, however. Ghostheads aims to show several different sides of the Ghostbusters fan community. We see how our fellow fans live, and the difficulties that some live with every day. It shares the hardships that befall the fans, both caused by outside forces as well as resulting from their own lifestyle choices. This can make it hard to get through particular parts of the documentary at times. Beyond that, there are many touching moments and heartfelt messages expressed though out the documentary, and the common message is that life is better -overall- for the individuals filmed, thanks in large part to their love and dedication to Ghostbusters.

Ghostheads premieres on Netflix July 15th worldwide.

For more information , visit GhostheadsMovie.com.

Stream Ghostheads now on Netflix
Powerful and thought-provoking to say the least. As a community we often get really wrapped up in patting ourselves on the back over very trivial things. 'GHOSTHEADS' covers the gamut from people just getting by with 'Ghostbusting' to help them cope with life, to people who are traveling the world and making connections and memories that simply wouldn't exist without GBFans.

It's fun and insightful, but also sobering. I saw a lot of parallels in myself -or at least possible futures- that I did not like, and it's far from common to sit down with a documentary and learn something about yourself, difficult as that may be.

It had tributes to fan efforts and the genuine people that form the fabric of this community and, above all, it gives a REAL look at what we do and how the world sees us. I definitely recommend watching it, and then watching it again.

Oh it does also have that one killer Ecto-1 drone shot ;)
Last edited by Boomerjinks on July 14th, 2016, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJ Quick, barison82 liked this
Just finished watching it. It's a very nice, touching documentary. A bit all over the place, but the tone is just warming your heart.
The engaged couple both frequent this site and I totally want to film/see their wedding. Someone film their wedding. Ivan! Do it!
I teared up a little when the slightly disabled kid was having the time of his life, but since I'm gonna be a daddy in a month or 7 I noticed I'm more emotional about that kinda stuff.

It's touching and ( also just slightly concerning ) how some of the people are really, really, really into GB and how it turned their life around. For the better, mind!

Omg the end credits: good job, Orion. Rock those shoes.
sting3037 liked this
Boomerjinks wrote:Oh it does also have that one killer Ecto-1 drone shot ;)
I remember seeing that in the trailer, but was it in the finished documentary? I know a few bits of mine from trailers didn't make the final cut.
Alphagaia wrote:Omg the end credits: good job, Orion. Rock those shoes.
His occupational therapist showed him a way to do it that worked better for him, and he mastered the technique just in time for his junior prom, hence the tux.

Alex (aka Orion's Dad)
Alphagaia liked this
You know, seeing as I now have some backstory, a voice and face to some of the names on this forum it sort of feels unreel. You hardly know me, but I know you guys a little bit better now and somehow I have this weird kind of respect and admiration for you guys while I interact/connect with you from across the seas thanks to such a great forum about such a great topic.
They should have called it the Tom documentary with 5 seconds of celebrities. Am I bashing it? No. It was cool to watch but I really wish there was much more of the other franchises other than 3 of them and a 5 second bit of flashing through all the franchise logos at 1/60th of a second to a point where there was no point of putting the logo in there because people cant see it.

We are in there though...

So is the forum!

They screwed up though. :(

This is AWESOME!!! Did NOT know this!!!
This Post Contains Spoilers
deadderek liked this
Travis Burrell wrote:They should have called it the Tom documentary with 5 seconds of celebrities.
As someone who is friends with and in the same franchise as Tom, I could not agree with this more. The Tribecca Film Festival cut was event more of Tom's story, (thankfully that was cut down for the final). During the QA session they were called out on this and one of the producers described that much like an earlier documentary he did about real-beard Santas, they want to focus on one "through-line" and that was Tom's story.

I do not feel this was the correct approach for this project as we never really get to see how truly expansive ghostbusters fandom really is. Sure we get some amazing stories, but being a "ghosthead" feels like something that only a few people have attained.
ImLost3 wrote:
Travis Burrell wrote:They should have called it the Tom documentary with 5 seconds of celebrities.
As someone who is friends with and in the same franchise as Tom, I could not agree with this more.
Don't get me wrong. I met Tom in L.A. when we were all together getting photos and talked with him. He is a really nice guy. I just feel like it should have had more of the 200 of us that were there rather than 4 different Ghostheads pretty much. lol.

It was good to see the Ontario girls in there and the one gentleman from B.C. I believe?
Travis Burrell wrote:Don't get me wrong. I met Tom in L.A. when we were all together getting photos and talked with him. He is a really nice guy. I just feel like it should have had more of the 200 of us that were there rather than 4 different Ghostheads pretty much. lol.
I love Tom like a brother, but you are absolutely right. I wanted to see more of this world wide community we are all a part of.
I enjoyed this documentary. I moved to Scotch Plains in Union County from Manhattan last year and it was cool to see people who are kind of my neighbors being such superfans. I never really understood what the franchises were or realized how organized they were and the good things they do and it warms my heart.
finally watched it today and was really heartwarming (it very nearly set my girlfriend off crying)

while I agree it would've been nice to see more Ghostheads and how expansive the community is I think concentrating on a few was the right way to go as we got to delve a little deeper into the why we do what we do and I think that intimacy helped to prevent it from becoming too superficial and just a showcase for our props. I also felt it was a nice cross section of the community, we didn't need to see hundreds busters to get the impression of the diversity in backgrounds and situations or how far it reaches.

Craig and Abigail, we thought you guys were adorable, how you are together reminded us a lot of ourselves. Tom love your passion, never stop. Alex you truly are the most awesome dad and your boys have a great role model.Todd, I love your confidence man.

Certainly made me want to get my butt in gear and finish my kit, my partner now wants to add Janine to the list also (as soon as we've finished the Holtzmann gear!)

Anyhooo

To summerise, really enjoyed it. Wish all fandom documentaries showed this much respect for the fanbase and those depicted.
Alex Newborn liked this
It was very well done. And I'm not saying that because I was in it ( During the montage of kids with GB toys, I'm the giant blonde toddler, both scenes are within the first 2 minutes :lol: )

However, I do agree with some here, that more of the franchises should've been included.

Overall, I enjoyed it.
deadderek liked this
ImLost3 wrote:
As someone who is friends with and in the same franchise as Tom, I could not agree with this more. The Tribecca Film Festival cut was event more of Tom's story, (thankfully that was cut down for the final). During the QA session they were called out on this and one of the producers described that much like an earlier documentary he did about real-beard Santas, they want to focus on one "through-line" and that was Tom's story.

I do not feel this was the correct approach for this project as we never really get to see how truly expansive ghostbusters fandom really is. Sure we get some amazing stories, but being a "ghosthead" feels like something that only a few people have attained.
Haven't had a chance to meet Tom yet, though we're friends on Facebook and chat occasionally. I'm glad to see others that actually know him agreeing with this kind of sentiment though. I felt like people would react like "oh you're just jealous" and say how great Tom is. Again, he seems very nice, so it's nice to see that people aren't reacting that way and are taking the criticism constructively.

For me, I really agree with this as the biggest drawback of the documentary, as well as the "other franchises focus" stuff. One of the saddest moments for me, that I actually found annoying, was the way it was portrayed as "keep it separate from your wife" by Peter Mosen. The guy is a legend, but I feel like that goes against the idea of the documentary. It makes it seem like we're people who can't live in the real world and that our passion is annoying to our families. If it's healthy, and not an obsession that results in ignoring family, then there's no reason for this kind of attitude.
Doctor Venkman wrote:
ImLost3 wrote:

Haven't had a chance to meet Tom yet, though we're friends on Facebook and chat occasionally. I'm glad to see others that actually know him agreeing with this kind of sentiment though. I felt like people would react like "oh you're just jealous" and say how great Tom is. Again, he seems very nice, so it's nice to see that people aren't reacting that way and are taking the criticism constructively.

For me, I really agree with this as the biggest drawback of the documentary, as well as the "other franchises focus" stuff. One of the saddest moments for me, that I actually found annoying, was the way it was portrayed as "keep it separate from your wife" by Peter Mosen. The guy is a legend, but I feel like that goes against the idea of the documentary. It makes it seem like we're people who can't live in the real world and that our passion is annoying to our families. If it's healthy, and not an obsession that results in ignoring family, then there's no reason for this kind of attitude.
It is kind of sad though, that my girlfriend gets annoyed with all my recent Ghostbusters stuff. She has actually said"oh my god im sick of hearing about Ghostbusters" She also get sick of all my car talk too though. lol. There are a lot of fun and great qualities about her though that balance this out. Do I wish I had the relationship that Craig and Abby have. lol.
I watched it again last night and I forgot just how many people are in it that I talk to all the time. lol. Its cool up until the part were its mostly just about Tom. (Then its just a life story about him and Peter. The Peter Mosen part was cool though...until that dragged on also) The first half of it is great though.
Saw Ghostheads, really enjoyed it. My wife, who I wouldn't say is a fan of the movies (ok she's seen then once and said "they're ok"...we're now in counseling (kidding)), said to me at the end "I get it now". Its not (just) that it's a great movie, but the community surrounding it is a family. Whether you're a die hard stickler for that authentic piece for your pack they don't make anymore or you're on a budget hacking together pieces from the dollar store we all support each other. Proud to be a Ghosthead.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]