Oh my gosh....That was terribly ACCURATE! Except for the part that said EGB ruined the franchise too. I wouldn't be here without it, dammit! And neither would certain other people too!!
By Fritz
HauntedWallflower wrote:Oh my gosh....That was terribly ACCURATE! Except for the part that said EGB ruined the franchise too. I wouldn't be here without it, dammit! And neither would certain other people too!!
Agreed. I wasn't enthused about that bit either, but there was enough other funny stuff I let it slide.
This Post Contains Spoilers
By Sav C
Still haven't watched the video (I'll get around to it eventually,) but reading through the comment section I can see that Vigo has definitely moved on from the painting and is now residing in the internet, spewing negativity about Ghostbusters II. :angryvigo:
Fritz wrote:Agreed. I wasn't enthused about that bit either, but there was enough other funny stuff I let it slide.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Agreed on all counts. And I especially loved the part where Vigo's monologue was synced with metal music. :lol: It's also really funny that Honest Trailers guy has a bee in his bonnet about Aykroyd's supernatural/alien beliefs.
By Sav C
That was so negative towards Ghostbusters II, it might as well have ended with "I am Vigo the Carpathian also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, Vigo the Unholy, and Vigo the Butch, and I approve this message."

Second, I don't find Venkman the least bit creepy. Is that a bad thing?

Third, even though hate towards Ghostbusters II makes me really sad, what makes me more sad is that Dan Aykroyd's 9/11 conspiracy isn't the weirdest conspiracy I've heard involving both 9/11 and aliens :(
By SpaceBallz
Even though I'm not a huge fan of GB2, that was pretty much bashing it like it was a MAJOR flop. Screen Junkies has been defending the reboot since before the film came out and now this "Ghostbusters 2 was terrible it already ruined childhoods!" crutch people seem to be using is pretty pathetic.
Sav C liked this
By JA Slow
I grew up with GB2 and have loved it ever since. In fact, my admiration and enjoyment has increased over the years, which has allowed me to see it past the lens of childhood nostalgia. That personal opinion being said, let's all just be glad there's more than one movie with the real GB's. I liked the effort XGB made and of my mom video taping it while I was at middle school (the time slot killed it). Of course GB2 will get the comparison treatment against the reboot and rightfully so. "Well, better late than never." -Dock Supervisor Cheech
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
For me, if a sequel isn't enough like the first one, it feels out of place in the series. Take for instance Die Hard, where the first two are quite similar, and both feel like they're meant to be together. Die Hard with a Vengeance on the other hand, while a very good film, doesn't feel like it fits as well with the first two.
By Alphagaia
Don't take it to seriously, guys. They trashed better movies then GB2. It's all, good clean fun.

I like GB2 but boy did I snort out my drink through my nose when Vigo starting singing. Been a while since I laughed so hard at a Honest Trailer video.
Sav C liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]