Photo: Behind the Marquee

It is with sadness that we report the passing of Stephen Dane, Hardware Consultant for Ghostbusters as well as the man responsible for designing the look of Ecto-1.

Mr. Dane is also credited with work in conceiving the look of the Proton Packs and Ghost Traps, building the physical prototype of the Proton Pack, designing the appearance of Slime Scoop and Slime Blowers, and visualising the look of the Ecto-1's sister car, the Ecto-1A. Beyond Ghostbusters, Dane worked on Blade Runner, Miracle Mile, Red Dawn and Back to the Future: The Ride.
devilmanozzy liked this
What a sad loss. I've been obsessed with his work particularly on Ghostbusters, his designs were always fascinating. Often while looking over plans and photos, I would wonder to myself why he chose that tube or part? A little bit of my soul died hearing about this, but I will always remember every time I try playing at recreating props.
RIP Sir, you brought a lot of fun and light into my geeky life; and for that I will always be grateful.
In the video those screens are from, he thumbs through sketches that show early versions of the packs and traps. I've never seen clear pics of those.

Rip.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]