Coming July 12th! Four players, girls and guys, must don their proton packs to exterminate the paranormal. Based on the new movie and available for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Windows PC (via Steam).

Activision Publishing, Inc., in collaboration with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, has announced a pair of new Ghostbusters video games set in and inspired by the comedic action world of the upcoming Ghostbusters film, in theaters July 15. Taking place after the events of the new movie, both Ghostbusters games introduce new casts of rookies keeping watch over the station while the now-famous Ghostbusters tour the country stopping high-profile poltergeists. When paranormal phenomena unleash apparitions across New York City, these new squads of recruits must don their proton packs and wrestle those rogue spirits back to the afterlife!

The console game, Ghostbusters, is a third-person action role-playing game positively charged for thrilling couch co-op with up to four players locally. As rookie Ghostbusters, players can level up their characters’ gear and abilities by tackling objectives, defeating ghastly creatures and discovering hidden collectibles in Manhattan’s most haunted haunts. There are four heroes to choose from, and each has his or her own unique personality and play style, bringing special strengths to support the team.

Ghostbusters is expected to arrive on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC via Steam on July 12.

The mobile game, Ghostbusters: Slime City, lets players be a Ghostbuster and save New York City from a new wave of threats. Team up with other players in asynchronous co-op, and collect powerful ghosts to rise to the top of the leaderboards. Players can also craft their own proton packs from any number of combinations of components, as well as upgrade their own headquarters and complete jobs around the city for new weapons and rewards.

Ghostbusters: Slime City is expected to launch in July on select iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices via the App Store, select Android devices via Google Play and select Kindle devices through the Amazon Appstore.
Tommi wrote:If only they took their time, updated and used the 2009 game engine and used the movie voice actors, this would have been great.
Taking their time is a luxury the production staff didn't have, not in order to get the film out for just before the movie is released.
This is the first thing to do with the new film I've seen that has really underwhelmed me. SoS casts a long and grim shadow, perhaps, but anything that looks like a PS2 version of that game will always leave me cautious.
Kingpin wrote: Taking their time is a luxury the production staff didn't have, not in order to get the film out for just before the movie is released.
It's a shame it's so rushed, they should have waited and made a better game. Even if it was released in Q3/Q4 to coincide with the movie DVD release, I'd be down for that.
I think the point that people are making here is, that the game from 7 years ago looked way better than this.
At least the PS3, XBox360 and PC versions looked pretty nice.
This new game looks like some cheap phone game!
Crypto posted a part 1 of a preview of Equipment and Plazm.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... ts/1550709

Noticed there's a slime-worshiping cult involved in the story now and they used the made up name, I think I made at the wiki, for the Mobile X-Ray Machine in the RGB episode "Future Tense" and the 'Boson Caster' term for Ron's pack (I forget who coined it).
zeta otaku liked this
okay the actresses they chose for the film were bad enough, and then when I saw the 2016 ecto1 I was a little bit more upset and now after seeing this game trailer....

God the franchise is going completely down the toilet. :( Everything looks like a kids joke anymore. Maybe their target audience is supposed to be children but god everything I see is looking more and more horrible. I have faith that the film will be alright because of the story and the cameos and such, but wow... everything is really disappointing me.
gold333 liked this
Travis Burrell wrote:God the franchise is going completely down the toilet. :( Everything looks like a kids joke anymore. Maybe their target audience is supposed to be children but god everything I see is looking more and more horrible.
Well, to be fair: kids were the main reason GB got this big in the first place.

How old were you when you first saw GB and fell in love? It makes sense to target children when creating toys and games.

All the merchandise you know matured with you as you grew up and with the new movie, kids are one of the main new incomes as they have a longer lifespan to sell stuff to. So yeah, you are not going to be the target audience for all thing GB related, just because we all got well 'old'.
Alphagaia wrote:
Travis Burrell wrote:God the franchise is going completely down the toilet. :( Everything looks like a kids joke anymore. Maybe their target audience is supposed to be children but god everything I see is looking more and more horrible.
Well, to be fair: kids were the main reason GB got this big in the first place.

How old were you when you first saw GB and fell in love? It makes sense to target children when creating toys and games.

All the merchandise you know matured with you as you grew up and with the new movie, kids are one of the main new incomes as they have a longer lifespan to sell stuff to. So yeah, you are not going to be the target audience for all thing GB related, just because we all got well 'old'.
So Alpha, do you have any information to share if the toys for the reboot are to be sold in the boys section or in the girls section at my local Toys R Us? How will Mattel market the toys to girls that are ruled by Disney Princesses? How will Mattel market the toys to boys that have no role male role model in the reboot?

There is no way in hell I can get my boys to wear the Feig Pack; so why waste the money. They and their friends view it all as "girly stuff".
Sigh, again with the gender-thing. Why are people so narrow minded?
For all the talk of gender, Feig's ultimate goal is to eradicate the wall that divides so-called chick flicks and man-child guys' comedies and simply make funny, emotionally honest movies that appeal to both sexes. But don't be surprised if, at least for the foreseeable future, his movies spotlight women.
Movie is to appeal to both genders, so do the toys.
Alphagaia wrote:Sigh, again with the gender-thing. Why are people so narrow minded?
For all the talk of gender, Feig's ultimate goal is to eradicate the wall that divides so-called chick flicks and man-child guys' comedies and simply make funny, emotionally honest movies that appeal to both sexes. But don't be surprised if, at least for the foreseeable future, his movies spotlight women.
Movie is to appeal to both genders, so do the toys.
No Alpha. It is a real world question: If you were a retailer, say a manager of Toys R Us, where do you put the reboot GB toys? Where would you put the figures? Where would you put the role-play stuff? In the action figure section where the boy stuff are? In the doll section where the Barbie and Disney Princess stuff are? It really begs for an answer.
zeta otaku wrote:If your Toys R Us is anything like the 5 by me, it has a collectors section where these figures will fit right in next to the Diamond Select figures and other non-kids only movie toys go to.
True. But the collector's section doesn't not allow for a large number of a specific brand. If you are lucky, there is usually three to four of each type of figure. But this is not the place they would put the pretend play stuff.
so wait....if toys go by gender at toys R us......where was the Star Wars stuff?

Also... lets not forget Kevin. He was a male in it. we do need to get away from the gender thing. I just think some of the actresses they used could have gone a different direction but we will see how they are.
goldenhawk wrote:Where would you put the figures? Where would you put the role-play stuff?
Ideally I'd locate the toys in a spot where they'd get a lot of visual presence. If it were an aisle, I'd try put it somewhere close to the boy-specific toys and the girl-specific toys in the hope of cross-coverage. If the gender specific toys are on opposite sides of an aisle, or in different aisle, I'd put some toys tied into the reboot on the end of the aisle where both boys and girls would see them as they made their way to the boys'/girls' aisle.

Although cross-gender marketing/retailing would be easier if we did away with separate aisles for boys and girls, which is slowly happening with major toy retailers.
Alphagaia liked this
Target may have done away with the signage but girl toys and boys toys are still in their respective aisles. Hell even Legos are in separate aisles. I guess as a father of a boy I see this as a hard sell to boys. The classic GB stuff, not so much but the reboot stuff probably. But Mattel is at least trying with putting a boy on the dress up items. I'm curious to see how the merchandise performs overall. We all know that the classic stuff will be hot commodities but I wonder how the reboot stuff will do with the general public including the game here.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]