Fans will now be able to experience particle beams and ectoplasm like never before when Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II debut June 7 on next generation 4K Ultra HD disc with High Dynamic Range (HDR) from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE). Perfect for Father’s Day gifting, each 4K Ultra HD release will also include the recent anniversary Blu-rays, bursting with all the bonus materials, including previously released legacy content, commentary and the interactive Slimer Mode.

As two of the first Sony 4K Ultra HD disc releases, both films were fully restored from the 35mm original camera negatives, thereby utilizing in 4K the full resolution, detail and color depth inherent in the film. 4K Ultra HD is the perfect way to finally experience these comprehensive restorations at full 4K resolution in the home – it features four times the resolution of high definition, along with High Dynamic Range (HDR), which produces brilliant highlights, vibrant colors and greater contrast on compatible displays. Additionally, both films have been remixed specifically for the home theater environment with Dolby Atmos® audio, delivering captivating sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead.
These new 4K Ultra HD releases precede the July 15 U.S. premiere of Sony Pictures’ highly anticipated new motion picture, Ghostbusters, from director Paul Feig, starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth.

Also, as part of the excitement surrounding the arrival of the new film, SPHE will release over 50 episodes of the iconic 1980s animated series, The Real Ghostbusters, on DVD July 7 and on Digital, from Ivan Reitman, DiC and Sony Pictures Television.

Read More
GHOSTBUSTERS Special Features:
  • Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 1)
  • Poster Art Gallery – Gallery of 1988 artwork
  • Ghostbusters Music Video – Ray Parker, Jr.
  • Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
  • Commentary with Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
  • 10 Deleted Scenes
  • 1984 Featurette
  • Cast and Crew Featurette
  • SFX Team Featurette
  • Multi-Angles
  • Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
  • Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery Storyboard Comparisons
GHOSTBUSTERS II Special Features:
  • Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 2)
  • Deleted Scenes
  • “On Our Own” Music Video – Bobby Brown
  • Theatrical Trailers
That's fantastic!!! I cannot wait to buy these. I wish product development would have used the image of the Ecto1A though for the 2nd.

I actually have a question about these sets or packages.

When GB1&2 came with the Green DVD box set it had the book in there also.. which I enjoy! It also had extras...
Are there different extras in the Blue Ray packages?? The extras in this 4k, are they on the already Bluray versions? Im just curious if I have to buy all or if certain packages will contain what I need to watch?
Speaking as a graphic designer, these may not be as bad a cover design as the combi-GB1/GB2 logo that we've recently seen, but they're definitely some of the poorest that we've seen to date. They could've been good, based on the brief, but I feel the execution is lacking, and they've picked that variant of the logo that is missing some of the black outline detailing on the GB1 cover.
Well then, considering I was going to get an LG 2016 OLED TV this year, think these will be just perfect =^.^=
At 4K I hope they fix the:

-White light shining through the packs in sedgewick.
-labels peeling off the traps
-open trap doors
-wand hose attachment area looking so ghetto

:) I can dream can't I

Ps: I have every release, and my favorite is still the 1999 DVD, its so brown and gritty. And I swear the streams look most "realistic" in that. So bright!!

The 2005 dvd is cartoon colored and blurry, the 2009 BR is exactly the same but sharper.

The 2014 BR is awesome, so close to the 1999 and also pretty gritty, though not as much as the original.

The props in this movie really werent meant to be seen at 1080p or 4K, atleast not unless they fix using cgi.

Pps: Still waiting on that GB2 directors cut!!
Sav C liked this
gold333 wrote:At 4K I hope they fix the:

-open trap doors

The props in this movie really werent meant to be seen at 1080p or 4K, atleast not unless they fix using cgi.
This matters? I bet very few of the fans would agree with you... The props and their "imperfections" are just fine as they are...
pyhasanon wrote:
gold333 wrote:At 4K I hope they fix the:

-open trap doors

This matters? I bet very few of the fans would agree with you... The props and their "imperfections" are just fine as they are...
It matters to me man. Lets be honest, seen from the rear (after blasting the cleaning lady), with all the rubbed off paint leaking the light, the packs just look like fibreglass plastic props instead of actual bulky steel backpacks.

Or when Ray hands Winston the traps when he's hired the doors are open in what are supposed to be filled and dangerous traps. It just takes me out of the immersion.

Everyone likes something else about GB, for me its the equipment, and at 4K it's going to be quadruple the eye sore :)

And a CGI fix would be so easy!
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

After seeing this I was upset that Ernie Hudson was left off the cover, again. Hopefully this isn't the official artwork, but in case it is I have started a petition to get Winston and Ernie Hudson's name on the cover. Please sign it at https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-ernie ... m=copylink

It might just be a mistake that they are making unintentionally, they did put the wrong Slimer on the covers, not to mention Ecto-1 on the Ghostbusters II cover, but still it is something important that they should correct.

Can't wait till the new film!

"The Brave, The Best, The Only, Ghostbusters"
gold333 wrote:Or when Ray hands Winston the traps when he's hired the doors are open in what are supposed to be filled and dangerous traps. It just takes me out of the immersion.
I have never noticed that in all my 100+ viewings of the movie. Im gonna have to put the bluray in tonight and check that out!
Rourkie. wrote:I already have Ghostbusters 4k so ill prob just pick up GB2 4k to go with it,The cover on this GB1 4k even though it isnt that great is still better than the 4k cover they released a while back :cool:

This is an actual 4k release...

The ghostbusters blu ray is just mastered from the 4k version but not an actual 4k blu ray...

There will be a big difference in colors, resolution, and the diorama effect
ogswiss wrote:
Rourkie. wrote:I already have Ghostbusters 4k so ill prob just pick up GB2 4k to go with it,The cover on this GB1 4k even though it isnt that great is still better than the 4k cover they released a while back :cool:

The ghostbusters blu ray is just mastered from the 4k version but not an actual 4k blu ray...

I've been robbed,robbed i tells ya :blush: ,.....theres still a very noticable differance between the Blu Ray and the mastered from 4K...........the mastered from 4k is alot brighter than the Blu Ray release,
To be honest i liked the picture on the normal Blu ray over the 4K mastered as the movie looks better with the picture that bit darker in colour.......The remastered version was a bit to bright making the picture look to grainey then the blu ray
Tell me about it... I have went from vhs to dvd to blu ray to remastered blu ray to now 4k bluray lol.crazy!! And i think i even double dipped on the dvds as they released new versions a few times

I would assume with the deep blacks replicated by 4k tvs and having an actual 4k bluray it will be fixed

It better be since this is the 80th version im buying!!!
ogswiss wrote:

Can you explain what you mean with there being a difference in the "diorama effect"?
diorama effect is giving sharpness only to the emphasized area. Blurring everything else. Its also known to give the effect that you are looking at a model or looking smaller scale of something. It was used recently in an Audi commercial making the car look like a little model car running through a city.

Im curious as to how that would be going on with 4k release though. lol. Maybe they meant "grain"
How much money do they think I have? I've already got a Blu-ray of GB1 and GB2! (GB1 was the 2009 one and GB2 was the 30th Anniversary one.)
I wonder if I could play them on my 4K Sony TV and get some above-average effects.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]