Cryptozoic Entertainment, the minds behind the first Ghostbusters: The Board Game, have announced today they will doing a followup board game that will be making its way to Kickstarter this April.

Cryptozoic Entertainment, leading creator of board games and collectible cards, and Sony Pictures Consumer Products are proud to announce the upcoming April launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Ghostbusters: The Board Game II!

Following on the heels of last year’s successful Kickstarter campaign and retail release of Ghostbusters: The Board Game, the second game in the series ups the ante with lots of new game elements, including Slime Blower Pack Ghostbusters, Ooze entities that can split apart and join back together, allies, new equipment like Ecto Goggles and Portal Destabilizers, and much more!

The game features an original story by Ghostbusters comics writer Erik Burnham that has the Ghostbusters investigating mood slime that has flooded the city, creating earthquakes and riots in another attempt to bring Vigo and his minions back. In line with the story, the map tiles in the game depict buildings destroyed by earthquakes and fires, as well as collapsed streets that expose sewers infested with slime, tunnels with derailed subway cars, and ghost trains. The impressive new figures are based on designs by Ghostbusters comic book artist Dan Schoening.

The Ghostbusters are back for more! Keep an eye out for the April launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Ghostbusters: The Board Game II!
Kingpin liked this
As someone who wasn't financially stable enough at the time to support the original kickstarter but is now this is great. I just ordered a copy of the first board game a few days ago. I'm excited to see what type of new miniatures, equipment, rule sets, etc that they put in after the feedback on the first one. I wonder if the stretch goals will include things from GB2016 as that is right around the corner (and a part of me just wants more Dan art).
I kinda hope They make this as an add-on for the first game... don't get me wrong, the bastards have me locked into backing this thing regardless, but I know once this comes out, I doubt I'll touch the original again. This has so many new and interesting mechanics to it!
I think it might be like a Zombicide type deal where each game is independent but you can combine everything together like an expansion for more crazy wacky good times.
Kingpin wrote:Aw man, and I so wanted to eat food in April. :(
Me too. Me too....... :/

Since I wasn't able to fund the last project and later had to spend more than I care to say to get the deluxe edition, because the retail copy is extremely lame in comparison, I plan to set some cash aside to fund this one.
Kingpin liked this
zeta otaku wrote:I kinda hope They make this as an add-on for the first game... don't get me wrong, the bastards have me locked into backing this thing regardless, but I know once this comes out, I doubt I'll touch the original again. This has so many new and interesting mechanics to it!
In the Kickstarter page's comments, they confirmed it is a stand alone expansion that can be combined with the first game or played on its own.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... t-12752551
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... t-12752692
mrmichaelt wrote:
zeta otaku wrote:I kinda hope They make this as an add-on for the first game... don't get me wrong, the bastards have me locked into backing this thing regardless, but I know once this comes out, I doubt I'll touch the original again. This has so many new and interesting mechanics to it!
In the Kickstarter page's comments, they confirmed it is a stand alone expansion that can be combined with the first game or played on its own.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... t-12752551
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... t-12752692
This just made me so damn happy :D
I might back this! I missed out on GB1 and still need to find it, but how is it for two players? Are there any reviews for the first one?
It looks great, but the two times I saw it played online the people looked a bit bored and it had me worried.
Have they talked about the mechanics of it yet? I missed that.
Alphagaia wrote:I might back this! I missed out on GB1 and still need to find it, but how is it for two players? Are there any reviews for the first one?
It looks great, but the two times I saw it played online the people looked a bit bored and it had me worried.
I've played a lot with my son and also with others where we're just two. You have to play with two GBs each as per the instructions, but you'll soon get into it. Never been bored, but playing through an entire campaign can take its time.
As soon as you get into it you'll cheer everytime you or your co-player rolls a hit with the proton stream [emoji4] [emoji317]
Alphagaia liked this
wishbone wrote:
Have they talked about the mechanics of it yet? I missed that.
Second italic text in the first post.
I'm hoping the same thing. I'd rather just get the figures and cards etc. than buy another game. What's next RGB the game? EGB? IDW? My wallet is really sore.
Bangoose wrote:Why not just one whole "anniversary/legacy" GB game that has all of the versions and sequels combined. minus the Feig universe GBs. (1 2 RGB EGB FGB IDW)
They probably did it this way to make it more affordable for people, and to keep the size/weight in a realistic ballpark. Can you imagine the size and weight of a "anniversary/legacy" edition that was theoretically twice the weight and size of the first release of the board game?
Alphagaia liked this
http://ghostbustersnews.com/2016/03/22/ ... pril-11th/
This new crowdfunding campaign follows the successful Ghostbusters: The Board Game 2015 Kickstarter campaign and retail release. The new board game is crafted with fans in mind, and allows players to:

Switch between Proton and Slime Blower Packs with new custom figures and double-sided Character Cards.

Battle challenging new Plazm enemies that combine into stronger versions to attack and split up in defense. Immune to Proton Streams, these phantoms can only be taken down by Ghostbusters wielding Slime Blower packs.

Use new Ghosts to bring new Slime tokens that can inhibit the Ghostbusters’ sight, movement, maneuvers and combat rolls.

Recover stolen experimental Ghostbusting equipment and level the playing field with new weapon, trap, utility and tome cards to survive challenging Event Cards and reap the rewards before things go from worse to apocalyptic.

Playable Scenario on Display at WonderCon – March 25-27
First few details. It seems like the four main GBs will have a regular proton version (based on their GB2 Court Room attire) and a flip Slime Blower version.

mrmichaelt liked this
Just made my pledge :D After reading all the stuff they're adding, a lot of it are things I was thinking of adding to the original game :D It's going to be a LOT of fun using Janine, Kylie, Ron, Melanie, and ESPECIALLY the Rookie from the first game with this one (I think a fun added ability to the Rookie would be no action cost or help needed to switch to a slime blower :D ).

Just sucks it won't be out for a whole YEAR.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]