By Kingpin

A month after it was officially teased by Sony, the trailer for Paul Feig's Ghostbusters has now finally been released to the public.

After being kicked out of college due to her past catching up with her, Erin Gilbert (Kristen Wiig) joins forces with former friend and paranormal investigator Abby Yates (Melissa McCarthy), along with nuclear engineer Jillian Holtzman (Kate McKinnon) and former transit worker Patty Tolan (Leslie Jones) to take on the growing paranormal threat to New York City. They're not anybody's first choice, they're not professionals, they're not licenced... they're the Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters hits theatres on July 15th.
I was skeptical going in, as I have been so far about everything. Didn't really appreciate the use of the original firehouse and talking about the past ("30 years ago...") because it made me think there'd be a connection to the originals, but there isn't, right? A little confusing.

That being said, I laughed. A lot. There's a lot of decent humor in this trailer. And I think they're getting the feel of Ghostbusters right. It kind of feels like RGB to me, in a way. Overall, I'm still cautiously optimistic. I hope that I love it.
Last edited by Specter on March 3rd, 2016, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interesting. The intro makes me wonder if it is connected to the originals or not. Had I not seen all the leaks and other information we've been privy to on this site - I would probably assume it was connected based the trailer.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Specter, JayTigran liked this
I literally laughed out loud at McKinnon in the wig haha. I'm excited, hit enough nostalgia with elements of the movies, RGB and even the modern EGB vibe. It seems like there was so much source material to take inspiration from in the GB universe that it can create something new and familiar but explore all the different vibes that each version of GB had (movies, cartoons, comics, etc). Can't wait for July.
The original films had intelligent humour, with a side helping of slime. All I see here is slime based slapstick.
Wel... LOVED IT. Laughed out loud many times. All the actresses made me laugh. In fact I can't remember another trailer that ever made me laugh this hard ("THE POWER OF PAIN COMPELLS YOU!!!). And I can't wait to see it in the theatre.

Oh and Kate Mckinnon laughing at the Hearse looked like a nice nod to all the haters of the new Ecto :)

For those who are comparing a trailer to the 1984 movie I'd like to say - expectations are the greatest love killer, and times have changed, so has humour. If I'm not mistaken, these ladies come from the same comedy environment the original cast did - SNL. Perhaps this will never have the same mistique for many of us because... WE're not the same anymore. But I am now sure I am going to LAUGH and have a great time watching this.
Last edited by portugueseGB on March 3rd, 2016, 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Specter liked this
By GuyX
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
I think I just threw up a bit after watching that. The effects look like recycled gags from the first live action Scooby Doo. How is it possible that the effects of 1984 are the better than this? Man the Internet is going to loose it's mind. Everything looks soo fake. I didn't expect that. Really I didn't.

This isn't Ghostbusters. This isn't Ghostbusters humour. Ghostbusters humour is mostly dialogue and never, EVER over the top. Everything is played straight & played for real. And THATS the joke.
That final scene isn't downplayed, it isn't played for real. It's played for laughs and hyped to get a response.
This looks worse than I even imagined.
Those effects though? Wow..
Smeghead, Spengler_555_2368, GBfan_85 and 4 others liked this
By GuyX
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
I am shocked to see such a positive response here. Can you tell me where it was suppose to be funny? Not one joke landed for me. It does look fun I'll give it that. It looks like they had a good time making it. But the effects? The dialogue? It feels so forced.

Man. I just watched it again. Yikes..
groschopf wrote:*COUGH*
Special thanks to Proton Charging by way of Bentley for this find.
That made me even more excited!
groschopf, Specter, tito liked this
By GuyX
Anyone else notice what happens to Times Square?(also check out the Hostess Twinkie Logo). All the new era ads disappear and give way to the Times Square of the '70s. Check it out. The blu Ray ad disappears and all the others wash away and the "Boris Karloff" and Taxi Driver posters appear.

Interesting.
groschopf, JayTigran, Specter and 1 others liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]