Change is one thing but building upon what's established is other. A lot of the custom stuff is based on the original equipment or variations of such. I've built movie styled RGB and XGB packs and most recently completed a classic build for my wife with purple cyclotron lights. I've stated before and Alpha can attest to this that I personally feel there wasn't a need to change the uniforms or equipment. I know Feig wanted to show the equipment being developed, cool but they could've used the original designs or since they seem to be leaning on the cartoon as a base, RGB styled equipment and uniforms.

I actually really like this fan art here

Shows what could've been, you know?
By Alphagaia
Well the packs werd build with 80's technology, so I can kinda understand in 2016 you would build them different. I remember a video where they explained how they upgraded the pack from the original design as science has progressed and you would not use some parts anymore.

Also, I can kinda see the appeal of creating new things instead of the same old packs for 30 years, but eh that's me. I totally get it if one would think differently. And I'm no pack builder.
The equipment didn't necessarily need to be the classic design, the Real Ghostbusters style would've worked. They don't have any of the same fittings and have a sleekness to them.

This is the movie styled RGB I built, the only difference is that where I put a clippard valve is normally a large silver button. Like I said it would've been cool if they're trying to use the cartoon as a basis to go all the way lol
By Alphagaia
DarkSpectre wrote:I dig the explanation even if the design still sucks however, where does McKinnon have the room to store pistols if the tackle box contains 4 cryo tubes?
You don't wanna know.
That's actually funny. I mean i think it's cool that they got actual science folks involved and I was grateful that they didnt slam the original pack either. The design would almost work flipped. the gun is a pretty close to the RGB now. Flip it over and you may have something. In fact the Faraday Cage would look interesting on the bottom.
I love how people are questioning how the pistols can fit in the pack with the cooling system designed the way it is, yet no one questions the possibility of a 100 foot tall walking marshmallow or slime that makes the Statue Of Liberty come alive and walk.
rockstar232007 liked this
Travis Burrell wrote:I love how people are questioning how the pistols can fit in the pack with the cooling system designed the way it is, yet no one questions the possibility of a 100 foot tall walking marshmallow or slime that makes the Statue Of Liberty come alive and walk.
Always question the science. The supernatural however can do as it likes. LoL
DarkSpectre wrote:I dig the explanation even if the design still sucks however, where does McKinnon have the room to store pistols if the tackle box contains 4 cryo tubes?

Just looked at a gif from this, and it looks like they don't come from inside the tackle box, but somehow rotate 90 degrees from behind the box? Am I seeing this right?

You guys are probably right, but it seems to me the guns are slightly bigger then the box. I'll load it into premiere when I have the time tomorrow, as I'm on the phone right now, just to be sure!
Alphagaia wrote:

Just looked at a gif from this, and it looks like they don't come from inside the tackle box, but somehow rotate 90 degrees from behind the box? Am I seeing this right?

I know KM is a lesbian, but there's definitely something very HOT about her liking that gun. :love:
Kingpin wrote:I've slowly progressed through the trailer whilst taking screen grabs, they do come from inside the "tackle/tool box".
I've looked into this, and it seems it indeed comes out of the tool box.

However, in the movie explaining the packs, you can see there are two different packs, one with 4 big extending cooling tanks in that spot (0:53-0:57 on that last second you can see a picture of it) and one with a smaller tackle box and only 2 smaller looking cooling tanks on top of each other (1:29). Maybe she replaced 2 cooling tanks with the guns?

SpaceBallz wrote:What IS with the guns? They're supposed to be capturing ghosts, not...re-killing them?
Just finding out what all the gadgets do is something I actually is looking forward to seeing.... Some of the stuff seems a little overkill in regards of catching ghost...
DaveLister liked this
By Kingpin
SpaceBallz wrote:What IS with the guns? They're supposed to be capturing ghosts, not...re-killing them?
They disperse them, weaken them... can be used in more compact spaces than the standard Proton Gun, or a back-up if the Particle Thrower is damaged.
In the games it made sense to "weaken" the ghost since there was a life bar, I'm not sure how they're gonna work in live-action movie. It's not really an issue, just seems like they have them for more cooler eye candy or toys with no practicality (HAH, never thought I'd say that for a Ghostbusters movie).
By Alphagaia
The Proton Pistol was first seen used by Winston against a Zombie near 20 Clinton Avenue. The Zombie absorbed the single stream and imploded. Winston also later pulled the Proton Pistol on Britt when she appeared to them in the Firehouse basement. Since then, it is usually equipped by Winston on cases. During the Fantastic Land case, Winston used the Pistol to shoot Peter Venkman while he was possessed by the Hungry Manitou, likely suffering some short term memory loss and violent bowel evacuation.
The possession thing could be interesting.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]