By AJ Quick

LEGO has unveiled today their latest in the Ghostbusters LEGO line up, the Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters. This set is 4634 pieces, making it the third largest LEGO set that has ever been produced. It will be available in January 2016 at a price of $349.99 in the US, $399.99 in Canada.

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver. Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.

Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action. Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit. Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig! Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he's possessed! Suspend ghosts around the building's exterior with attachable transparent arms. Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.

Measures over 14" (36cm) high, 9" (25cm) wide and 14" (38cm) deep.

Available for pre-order in the Ghostbusters Fans Shop.
joeghostbuster wrote:the red bricks bug me. the real ny firehouse has red bricks. in the movie they were dark brown or black.
True, that does kind of suck but not the end of the world for me. If you mixed in some diff color bricks you might achieve the right effect without a lot of effort.
pyhasanon wrote:It was black in the original movie...
I know but my ideal firehouse is a kind of blend between them all movies, cartoons, etc. I'd just like to have a red one is all.
Nice pic showing all of the minifigs and ghosts.

We've been analyzing these pics to death over on p.14 of this thread...

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... &start=390

We'd hoped the blue and pink ghosts would be the Subway Ghost and the Theatre Ghost, both of whom show up in Lego Dimensions as unique sculpted bricks.

But it looks like they opted just to reuse a Ninjago mold called "Skreemer" from earlier this year.

Alex
alphabeta001 liked this
Chances are LEGO didn't cost this much per brick as it did when you and I were younger, the problem is to make plastic you need oil, and as we've seen with car petrol/gasoline prices, it's all been going up - one of the prime reasons for that is oil is a finite resource, and growing more and more tricky to farm in the levels we need.
From what I remember, Lego was always expensive (also, you need to consider inflation... like a SNES at launch actually cost a whole lot more than a PS4 at launch, but that didn't stop people back then)... The Lego design is actually more than plastic, it's a tightly reinforced plastic that, like Kingpin mentions, is expensive to manufacture... Lego is one of those brands where you're not just paying for the brand and licensing, you're paying for a quality product that no other "building block" can compare to...
anybody pick it up? finished the first floor in 6 hours! my back is killing me! looks great though and my daughter cant wait to play ghostbusters with me once its completed! would have loved this as a kid - so detailed
yeah took me about the same! it is flimsy at the base... its also flimsy to use as a playset!

I bought some gorilla glue aka kragle lol I'm going to glue it brick by brick. I am also going to glue the base to a cutting board of the same measurements. that should solve everything....

I bought some lego glue but it does not hold well. I figured id try it since oyu can wash it off after but I figured I never want to take it apart or have it fall apart so I might as well use gorilla glue.

my daughter has asked me to play with it every day since its been put together! it really is cool

the ecto1 does not fit all the way inside which is a let down. they also could have added the 4 new ghostbusters to the set to come with the guys being that the movie comes out this year and the set costs almost 400$ with tax !!!
ogswiss wrote:they also could have added the 4 new ghostbusters to the set to come with the guys being that the movie comes out this year
Based on some information that's been doing the rounds, it looks like the 2016 Ghostbusters will have their own set that's yet to be officially announced.
yeah prob their ecto 1. i have a feeling from the pictures on set in NYC of the firehouse and ernie that they need a bigger house at the end or something and ernie sells them the orig firehouse. although I am STILL really hoping the cameos of our guys are really secretly their old characters and they just have been trolling us this whole time to keep it a secret!!!

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]