mine arrived today.

"Boy is this equipment heavy!"

I think that is the biggest and heaviest LEGO box (and sure the one with the most parts ever: 4634 pcs) I have ever had.

As it is a birthday present, I have to wait a few days, before i can start assembling it.

tadum...tadum...tadum...
Guys, before you build, grab something SOLID to build it on and glue the base plates to unless you're building it on the shelf you want it to stay on. The base plates are SUPER flimsy even after it's completely assembled, so... yeah. Be warned. Otherwise, it's a fantastic (but long) build :D
zeta otaku wrote:Guys, before you build, grab something SOLID to build it on and glue the base plates to unless you're building it on the shelf you want it to stay on. The base plates are SUPER flimsy even after it's completely assembled, so... yeah. Be warned. Otherwise, it's a fantastic (but long) build :D
I've seen other people posting this and was honestly a bit freaked out, but I think this is kind of overblown. Mine is not that flimsy at all, and I was easily able to walk it from my dining room to my upstairs office without incident. Sure, you have to be careful, but I had no issues whatsoever with moving it.
You might be able to bolster it with some of the smaller plates that are as thick as the standard 2x2x3 bricks, though you'll have to gather a lot of them, and then fix those together with lots of plates that are 1 brick thick. It'll require a lot of bricks, but is achievable. You could even theme the base to have hazard stripes.
below_radar_00 liked this
Kingpin wrote:You might be able to bolster it with some of the smaller plates that are as thick as the standard 2x2x3 bricks, though you'll have to gather a lot of them, and then fix those together with lots of plates that are 1 brick thick. It'll require a lot of bricks, but is achievable. You could even theme the base to have hazard stripes.
That's a great option!
this is so much fun! I only build as much as one chapter of the instructions per day, and it is the 7th day since. This kit is worth every Cent (of its 34,900 cents). Second floor (kitchen and bedroom) halfway finished. Bags with number 7 used, and still lots of bags ahead of me (14 is the highest number, and it seems it is 2-3 bags per number=chapter).
The instructions have 418 (!!!) pages.
My build took me a few days. Its takes a while and is really fun, other than the building of the grey detailing for the outside which I found a bit repetitive!

I also popped down to the electronics store to get hold of some flat LED strips. I found strips of 5 LEDS attached to the Lego Technic support beams which run across every floor meant that they were nicely concealed and it only took the removal of one brick from the back of the firehouse to run the cables outside.

I ran it all off 6 AA batteries as my LED strips required about 5 volts to run.
An alternative is to butcher a USB cable and then utilize a cheap emergency phone charger as these conveniently run at 5 volts as well.

The result is a really nice lighting effect throughout the firehouse which is particularly nice when the whole thing is closed. Here are some images:-

Ecto-1 fan, zeta otaku, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
About two thirds through the build, tempted to mod the ground floor a little as would like the Ecto to sit inside comfortably but other than that loving it so far.

On a side note I feel the flimsiness of the base has been a little over exaggerated, as long as everything is pushed down firm and tight I haven't had a problem moving it around (which I've done a lot)

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]