By Bradester
Any interest? I got bored at home and made one within a few hours to go along with my dollar store Trap, Proton Pack and Slime Blower.
By Donkey8012
Not really my cup of tea, but I would definitely like to see some pics. Your gear is really creative!
By Zack
definetly interested! I have yet to work on any kind of PKE. I did buy a lint brush at the dollar store I think with plans of doing something with it. It's likely I'll be trying to go some cheap route with the PKE. Let's see what ya can do! :D
By slimershomie
lets see it dude you are the master of bargin building i bet you could build a house from stuff form the d/s lol you need to do some of the cartoon stuff its easy and pretty cheap
By Bradester
slimershomie wrote:lets see it dude you are the master of bargin building i bet you could build a house from stuff form the d/s lol you need to do some of the cartoon stuff its easy and pretty cheap
Here is a a combo of Cartoon and my own "real world" design. I can post more pics if needed / wanted as well! I have to admit the blinky lights are not from the dollar store, but were on sale for $4 at Fred Meyers / Kroger. Total cost is $9 for the project I believe, probably $17 if you need to buy the paints.

OH! And you need Googley eyes as well, to paint them and make them looks like bolts / rivets (visible in the 2nd to the last picture).

By Bradester
Goosebuster wrote:Awesome work.

Looks great.

I'm amazed :cool:
Thanks! I just made a remote detonator for the car using the same methods. Took all but 45 mintutes to do and that was because of waiting for the paint to dry!
By LordVego
I hate you so much.

How the f*** do you see these things when you're walking through a dollar store? It's like you walk in, see random shit, and say 'hey I can make a picture perfect prop replica out of this' and what do you do? You f****g do it! When I go into a dollar store I see a bunch of cheap shit. You do something that surpasses human thought and manage to turn it into something cool. I hate you.
By Bradester
LordVego wrote:I hate you so much.

How the f*** do you see these things when you're walking through a dollar store? It's like you walk in, see random s**t, and say 'hey I can make a picture perfect prop replica out of this' and what do you do? You f****g do it! When I go into a dollar store I see a bunch of cheap s**t. You do something that surpasses human thought and manage to turn it into something cool. I hate you.
I'd like to blame my medication, but I dont take any :-P
By 80sguy
Looks good. You've got to have a creative mind in order to see things and make things out of them. I geuss it's more creative than printing stuff out and slapping it together ha ha.
By Bradester
Thanks much! A good part of it is taking the time to learn how to do a good paint job. It's the little details like scrapes and markings that make something look good, as long as you dont over-do it.
By joeghostbuster
that's awesome!

I had a similar idea the other day, but for the electronics, I was thinking of cracking open one of those toys with a clear plastic globe at the end of a wand and when you push the button, the shape inside spins really fast and the leds blink - not sure what its called but my nephew has one from when he was younger, I dont think he'll miss it LOL...
By Bradester
joeghostbuster wrote:that's awesome!

I had a similar idea the other day, but for the electronics, I was thinking of cracking open one of those toys with a clear plastic globe at the end of a wand and when you push the button, the shape inside spins really fast and the leds blink - not sure what its called but my nephew has one from when he was younger, I dont think he'll miss it LOL...
Might as well give that a shot! Those toys around here only sell for $2 - $3 for the smaller ones and $5 - $6 for the huge. Halloween is coming!
By gbrob
I need to find me some dollar store toys w/ lights... never seem to come across them though.

Kickarse PKE man... serious.
By Bradester
gbrob wrote:I need to find me some dollar store toys w/ lights... never seem to come across them though.

Kickarse PKE man... serious.
I've seen very few dollar store toys with built-in lights. Most of the lights you find at dollar stores (at least around here) are the little christmas-tree-type lights.

But recently they have been getting tap-lights in, and also the small LED push lights. What kind of lights are you looking for?

-Brady
By gbrob
Just some cheap temp lights for the gun and pack. I was thinking of making some packs for my kids and would like to put cheap lights in them...

I'll have to check out those tap lights.
By Bradester
gbrob wrote:Just some cheap temp lights for the gun and pack. I was thinking of making some packs for my kids and would like to put cheap lights in them...

I'll have to check out those tap lights.
If the dollar store doesnt have anything you like, go to Walgreens. They should have lots of lights in the form of wands that blink different colors and small LED type spotlights, all in the $2 - $5 range.
-Brady
By Bradester
Dan Shannon wrote:Damn you, why do you have to be so damned ingenious?!
It's just how Im wired :-P I do lots of things where people are like "how did you think of that?" and it's just me.
By madeinsocal6
I did something like this before where I made my GF a ghosttrap purse and I bought one of those GB costumes from a halloween store w/ an inflatable proton pack. I added blinky lights to the ghost trap purse and I used googly eyes on it as screws/bolts as you did. I also added blinky lights to the balloon pack, I just glued them on. Any how I bought my blinky lights from blinkee.com I feel this is a very good source, hope it helps.

I'll post pics of what it looked like if I can find the purse and inflatable pack.
By FeinDTacticS

How the f*** do you see these things when you're walking through a dollar store? It's like you walk in, see random shit, and say 'hey I can make a picture perfect prop replica out of this' and what do you do? You f****g do it! When I go into a dollar store I see a bunch of cheap shit. You do something that surpasses human thought and manage to turn it into something cool. I hate you.

Exactly what I say sometimes when really really good props come out of nothing but some junk and time. I've started to train myself to think this way also. When I see random things that might be trash I try and picture what part of what prop that could be used on, and so on. Every single day now I stumble across something that reminds me of doing ghostbuster props or something that looks like a part to a prop. Whenever I see Yellow and black lines on some warning signs or something I automatically think of a ghost trap no matter what, its like its hard wired programmed into my brain now.
By Bradester
FeinDTacticS wrote:

Exactly what I say sometimes when really really good props come out of nothing but some junk and time. I've started to train myself to think this way also. When I see random things that might be trash I try and picture what part of what prop that could be used on, and so on. Every single day now I stumble across something that reminds me of doing ghostbuster props or something that looks like a part to a prop. Whenever I see Yellow and black lines on some warning signs or something I automatically think of a ghost trap no matter what, its like its hard wired programmed into my brain now.
Hah... yeah. Welcome to my world :-) At least you never are bored when you are stuck in a store for some reason.
By Jamie Riser
I think what the prob I ran into is that I got a storage box but one like u keep nails and screws in. Is the one u got made for like pencils and stuff like that? And the lights I couldn't find so I had to buy from sylvania website. And they're kinda rubbery where the button is. theres stickyness on the bottom to stick em to things but u gotta turn em on manually. I cant seem to glue anything to it to keep the lights on either. Feels like I've tried everything.
By Bradester
Jamie Riser wrote:I think what the prob I ran into is that I got a storage box but one like u keep nails and screws in. Is the one u got made for like pencils and stuff like that? And the lights I couldn't find so I had to buy from sylvania website. And they're kinda rubbery where the button is. theres stickyness on the bottom to stick em to things but u gotta turn em on manually. I cant seem to glue anything to it to keep the lights on either. Feels like I've tried everything.
My box had compartments too. And the lights and the boxes are still at Fred Meyer / Kroger as I saw them just yesterday. The lights are in the isle where other tap and night lights are kept at. I just peeled and stuck them in, and yes you have to turn them on manually. Your lights are turning themselves off?
By Bradester
Jamie Riser wrote:the lights i got u have to press them to turn on n hold the button in to stay on. They dont stay on by themselves.
They might be somewhat defective then as I bought another set of them and 2 of the lights wouldn't stay on either.
By Jamie Riser
I tried to make a pke like this but it faltered bad, first it was those lights, and then the graph paper I used wouldnt stick and I kinda ran outta ideas for it to stick, I tried glue, tape, glue stick nothing. Idk what else to do for it to work....
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]