By TheLegendOfMart
Still a lot of work to be done on it. This was the test print to see how my model turned out.

I need to fix some things to make it fit together better and then do a second pass on it putting in details I missed.
By TheLegendOfMart
I already looked into it, 4x Rechargeables only put out 1.2v which is 4.8v and with 1v dropout with the regulator 4v isn't enough to power arduino and all the LEDs.
By WindDrake
Even just for looks, it'd take some of the required printing mass out. Just food for thought.

Looks fantastic - would definitely build one myself if you make the files available!
By CountDeMonet
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I'm using 4 AAA's (non rechargable) in my son's PKE Meter and it works great for the arduino. I use a buck converter ahead of the arduino to drop the voltage to 5v and go in on the 5v pin. In my build I was driving an external servo for the wings and it was powered directly from the converter as well. These little things have been great for me

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQGMOKI
TheLegendOfMart liked this
By TheLegendOfMart

Think I've got the spinning antenna figured out. Capsule slip ring with through hole should allow me to power the leds in the antenna. The Knob that holds them will go through the slip ring and then the motor will go into the knob from the bottom and hopefully itll work.

I've got some LED string lights that I'm going to shorten the wires between LEDs and put in some flexible plastic tube.
By WindDrake
Adafruit makes a couple SPI LCDs that load images from a MicroSD card. You could easily drive one with a Nano (small) Arduino. Wonder if any of those would fit?
By TheLegendOfMart
Its one of the first things I looked at, none of the Adafruit ones fit. It's annoying because the movie prop screen was CGI it wasnt built to fit LCDs inside.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]