By Chris Brewin
Alright. So. The Mattel replicas are prohibitively expensive. Iona polishers are darn near impossible to find. Resin kits don't seem to exist. RGB meter kits don't exist, unless you want to HEAVILY modify a Kenner Toys version, but why bastardise such a childhood treasure? GB: ATC ones seem super tricky to make at home and getting reference material is likely to not be easy.

What alternatives are there for prospective 'busters? Holtzman has a remote control of sorts strapped to her arm in parts of ATC. Would it be plausible to come up with a modernised, potentially wearable PKE meter? What kinds of reactions do you think fans and franchises would have?

Thanks!
By Lee FW
I was thinking along the same lines t'other day when browsing my local tool shop, there's so many gadgets that could make cool looking custom PKE meters, have a look at analog multimeters as they have a distinct RGB feel about them while staying in the realms of the movie tech. With a handle and some extra gubbins they could look great.

On the subject of RGB and Kenner PKE's, if you can find a broken one, once you get over the idea of tainting a childhood treasure they make for a surprisingly satisfying build. Was gifted a kenner PKE recently with a snapped antenna so did a quick mod (made my own antenna, give it a sand and paint and added a screen) and gotta say it felt good giving it a new lease of life as it felt like the toy I wished it was as a kid. Gonna finish it up properly before posting any pics but was a fun little project and went down a treat at my girlfriends first outing as a buster. That said I don't think I'd ever do that to mine from childhood!
By Chris Brewin
Good way to look at the Kenner RGB meter, Lee... I might do the same. I've got a friend with the Ontario GB who's gonna ask around for me for a regular one.

I was kind of thinking of making some sort of gauntlet sensor mount that could incorporate my cell phone for a read-out... and the idea is to have it mounted on the inside of the wrist so that as you're walking around with your neutrona wand in both hands, you can essentially track-and-shoot.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]