By starburst
Hi all, wondered if anyone else has had this problem before with their Matty PKE...

Last night I thought as we were taking our little witch (ok 3 year old daughter) and our even littler pumpkin (7 month old daughter) trick or treating I would take out my PKE Meter for some paranormal investigation.

Got her out of the packing crate and turned her on, nothing but the orange LED by the switch blinking, obviously the battery.

Swap to some new AAA's and she is alive and working, couple of minutes later the sound goes a little funny so I turn it off and back on, now the sounds, arms and all the lights work other than the screen... its been like that since.

What am I likely looking at? Hoping its a loose connection somewhere that can be easily put back into place... Anyone else had this and/or able to point me at what specifically to look out for?
MonaLS liked this
By starburst
Ok now I am going to feel stupid... I had no idea that switch had a middle position which turned the screen off!

Thanks for the pointer... Feel as daft as people who realise they rang tech support and then find out it wasnt plugged in!
MonaLS liked this
By zeta otaku
Hey, it happens. It's not as bad as the little switch on the front of the trap. It's one of the rectangular knows and doesn't have much range in movement, so it's easy to miss if got knocked into the wrong mode
MonaLS liked this
By Croker
Glad that sorted it.

At least you had the sense to ask here. I know someone who bought one off eBay that was listed as faulty as the screen wasn't working. When he got it he flipped the switch and it worked perfectly. Only paid £50 for it!
MonaLS, zeta otaku liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]