By WShawn
Here are a batch of photos of the PKE Meter prop taken around 1993 by my good friend Bryan Ambacher. He and I built a pair of Proton Packs in 1984, as documented in this website I put together a few years ago:

http://marshall-arts.net/ProtonPacks/index.html

In 1989 I built this PKE Meter from scratch, based on close observation of Ghostbusters on professional videotape and the publicity photo of it in Venkman's pocket:

Bryan had a brief career as a set decorator, and one day his job took him to Modern Props, where he happened to spy the PKE Meter on a workbench. He took it upon himself to snap this set of photos. I don't know that these are any more illuminating than the Cyland Props collection, but here they are.

These probably would have been more useful 10-15 years ago, but better late than never I guess. Bryan also generously gave me an Iona shell a co-worker picked up at a yard sale (he showed my 1989 PKE around the set one time, impressing his co-workers), and I've been VERY SLOWLY working to build a more accurate PKE. I had the modified shell essentially completed around 2003, but ran into various issues with the electronics. Progress has been slow due to life and our business.

Shawn Marshall
Portland, OR
By bishopdonmiguel
Thank you for sharing these pics. Always great to see something new.
By julz
Thanks for posting these!

They have been a huge help :cool:

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome