Hey guys,

So i pulled my Matty PKE off the shelf for the first time in a year or so and turned it on, and the wings automatically started cycling up and down, stopping at either fully open, or totally closed. The same thing happens no matter what button I push - It just cycles through the up and down motion 3 times. Fresh batteries. Either there's something wrong with the mechanics, or I actually have a ghost in my house.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!
Doesn't seem to be stuck, or in test mode (is there a test mode?) - if i take the batteries out, and then put them back in, it runs through the cycle even though it's not actually turned on. Up and down 3 times
By jackdoud
I've noticed mine do a single cycle occasionally when I turn it on. Does yours work normally after it stops? I don't remember if it has positional sensors but it sounds to me like it's cycling to try and establish the state of the wings.

Edit: looking at my teardown thread there is an encoder on the wings. http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=23527. Yours may have some shmutz on it keeping it from registering.
Unfortunately no, it doesn't work normally after I turn it on.

It's very strange, because it goes through the cycle and stops in a random place, BUT, if it stops all the way open, and then i hit the half-movement button, it does what it's supposed to, and collapses half way. Then if I hit the full-movement button, it does what it should and opens all the way. But from open position, if i click half, and then click half again, it goes through the full cycle, and same if it's open all the way and I click full again. If that makes sense. Basically it seems like the issue stems from it being fully closed down, or asked to fully close down.

Is that encoder something I can clean?

Thanks!

edit: It also goes through the cycle as soon as I turn it off, making getting it in the closed position kind of a pain.
By gold333
Yeah, sometimes this cycles the wings once when you turn it on or turn it off. I found that if you hold it face down when turning it on or off the wings tend to not cycle up and down.

It's just a weird matty toy thing, like the wand nozzle sometimes extending and retracting when you switch it on and sometimes not.

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]